This is Not on the Players

They are who they are ... A lot of the guys have massive talent .. but when you assemble a team comprised solely of small talented finesse guys, and lack a mean and nasty streak ... You get this.

The GM and Coaching are the main problem starting at the top.

What needs to happen is an assessment of the characteristics of the roster. Trade guys for value to pick up what is lacking and then have a couple great drafts.

The fundamental makeup and persona of this team needs to change and it is possible to have this happen in less than 5 years.

The Jets need new leadership and a new fundamental attitude. Start with a football Czar .. and let him run the show.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I think the talent is overrated, a lot
Yeah .. I mean .. you're not wrong .. but the talent level is respectable and in some cases (G5, Adams, Reed) pretty dang good.

• Upvote 1

The players are wildly overrated.  Those drafted have been far more bad than good, and every FA/trade acquisition not named DJ Reed are all completely washed-up, has-beens that other teams were actively trying to rid themselves of.

Of course, players can often do little about stopping it when their careers start to go down the toilet, so still on the GM for continually being far worse than all his peers at assessing that.

• Upvote 3

The players are wildly overrated.  Those drafted have been far more bad than good, and every FA/trade acquisition not named DJ Reed are all completely washed-up, has-beens that other teams were actively trying to rid themselves of.
Of course, players can often do little about stopping it when their careers start to go down the toilet, so still on the GM for continually being far worse than all his peers at assessing that.
I disagree...

Draft

Elite -
G5
McD

Very Good -
(No idea about Fashanu)
Breece

Good -
Sauce
Quinnen
Sherwood

Great to Good FA
Reed
Quincy
Adams
Moses

M Williams (I'm a believer)

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I disagree...

Draft

Elite -
G5
McD

Very Good -
(No idea about Fashanu)
Breece

Good -
Sauce
Quinnen
Sherwood

Great to Good FA
Reed
Quincy
Adams
Moses

M Williams (I'm a believer)

Let's see how they do on the golf course.

This goes back to the summer when Selah did not have the starters play together in the preseason games.  As a reward gave them off from the game for practicing hard.  Hello, this team is not showing chemistry or flow within the game and it shows.

In a league designed for parity you almost have to try to be this bad.

This is on ownership, gm, hc, and players. It’s a collective failure.

But we have talent that shouldn’t be producing these results. Saleh sucked and hired awful coaches. Firing him was warranted but it’s not like anyone on staff was ever gonna turn this around.

The season ended against Denver. Everything after that was just flailing and last breaths before the inevitable drown.

Tear it all down and rebound.

Bench Rodgers

Trade Devante

Trade Tyron or bench him if no takers

Trade Sauce

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The roster is extremely flawed and poorly constructed. It's not that talented.

Building a team is about far more than names on a paper. Especially when a lot of those names are past their prime.

This isn’t a roster that’s bare bones though. It’s not like how it was 2021. 

You have guys to build around. 

It’s all the HC and culture. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

the locker room is bad, this is not talked about enough. this is what Devonte was talking about. It has an odor.

It’s bad because the loser/soft mentality has infected its way in there. Quite honestly AR is at the head of it. All he’s done is shake his head on the field in disgust, call guys out and don’t nothing to actually lift those around him. 

• Upvote 1

Somebody needs to start breaking sh*t in the meetings and call AR out on his line of scrimmage countdowns but no one will, hiding behind the mantra of “respect”, and treating them as “men of character”, “elite humans” it’s all just masking cowardice and fear of the “darkness” guy maybe talking in code passive-aggressively about them on Macafee.

19 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

This isn’t a roster that’s bare bones though. It’s not like how it was 2021. 

You have guys to build around. 

It’s all the HC and culture. 

Your right. The roster is better than 2021. But it still sucks. 

it’s a collection of overrated and overpaid guys way past there prime ( Mike Williams, Devante Adams, Aaron rodgers, cj mosley, etc. )

And the guys that are in there prime are also very over rated around these parts. Can you believe we pay  Quinnen Williams 21 million a year? Garret Wilson is our best player and he is taking the first bus out of town. And Sauce, who I love has what? 2 career interceptions?

id have no problem with trading any person on this roster. 

The new gm has to figure out who is worth keeping and building around. I don’t see anyone who is indispensable right now.

16 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

It’s bad because the loser/soft mentality has infected its way in there. Quite honestly AR is at the head of it. All he’s done is shake his head on the field in disgust, call guys out and don’t nothing to actually lift those around him. 

Who could have seen this coming 🙄 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I don't agree that Rodgers is the head of it. Rodgers is a professional, a vet. He brings clout and quiet leadership. The young guys imo are the most erratic recently and not showing chemistry with the whole. I think that was JD's fault. Saleh was not capable of shepherding all these young studs into the NFL. He was himself a rookie. And solely D minded. AR was brought in to fix that but it ws already too late. JD is the one that set all of this up and has been playing whack a mole with his own leaks for years 

IF you go back into the 2010s, you had several unbelievable rosters (like the 49ers and the Legion of Boom) who were talented from A to Z, with great coaching and great GMing.  Nevertheless that first year or two of the roster they just couldn’t win.  In hindsight we can go bakc and point out all the amazing players, but they simply hadn’t figured out how to win collectively as a group.  

You’d see close games, but then they’d lose by a fg, or a stupid penalty.  

Unfortunately for us (unlike those guys), we just don’t have the time to gel before the headsman comes, AR8 retires and everything blows up.

Maybe if he hadn’t been hurt last year, we would have had time to fix all these persistent execution problems, but at this point we really only had this season, and its now officially over.  

Anyway, I definitely do think its more on the coaching staff (across the board) who failed to get our guys into sharper form, but then its also on the players leadership in the locker room to bring energy.  Unfortunately for us, there just wasnt enough of that this season.

1 minute ago, Hael said:

IF you go back into the 2010s, you had several unbelievable rosters (like the 49ers and the Legion of Boom) who were talented from A to Z, with great coaching and great GMing.  Nevertheless that first year or two of the roster they just couldn’t win.  In hindsight we can go bakc and point out all the amazing players, but they simply hadn’t figured out how to win collectively as a group.  

You’d see close games, but then they’d lose by a fg, or a stupid penalty.  

Unfortunately for us (unlike those guys), we just don’t have the time to gel before the headsman comes, AR8 retires and everything blows up.

Maybe if he hadn’t been hurt last year, we would have had time to fix all these persistent execution problems, but at this point we really only had this season, and its now officially over.  

Anyway, I definitely do think its more on the coaching staff (across the board) who failed to get our guys into sharper form, but then its also on the players leadership in the locker room to bring energy.  Unfortunately for us, there just wasnt enough of that this season.

it's almost like they just needed more time to fully implement the Rodgers Intuitive System but after all the injuries, including Rodgers injury,  and all the losing and all the sacrifice and humiliation, the only thing they didn't have is...more time...

and they blew it all up just because. yes they are just that stupid