Whats your worst Jet memory?

SouthernJet

Mine is the Miami playoff loss in strike shortened 1982 where AJ Duhe got 3 picks from Todd. We had SuperBowl winner written on us that year.

Also the 1986 playoff loss when Gastineau roughing penalty vs Kosar on 4th down Hail Mary extended game we lost.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Doug Brien game. I was surrounded by Steelers fans. Luckily they were my friends or else I'm sure there would have been blood shed. They knew not to provok my short temper. After the game I just drank myself stupid, so it ended up being a decent night after all.

I agree with the worst memory, although my night didn't turn up decent after all. That b*stard missed two field goals in the final minutes of the game not 1 but 2! Then on the Steelers first offensive play after the first miss Big Ben throws a pick. I'm just going to stop there before I start crying.

The Doug Brien game. I was surrounded by Steelers fans. Luckily they were my friends or else I'm sure there would have been blood shed. They knew not to provok my short temper. After the game I just drank myself stupid, so it ended up being a decent night after all.

Yeah that game still stings pretty bad. I was in Wilmington watching the game at the local Hooters. My best friend is a Steeler fan so we were kind of talking the friendly trash back and forth during the entire night. I thought we had it you know...after Santana Moss ran that punt back for a td and all I was feeling pretty good about things...then of course Doug Brien changed all that.

I have three...

3. 1998 AFC Championship... slept on the floor in the bathroom that night

2. Doug Brien...

1. 1995 regular season finale at the Meadowlands, losing 12-0 to the Saints in the RAIN on Christmas eve...

PS- I think it's funny how this thread is getting much more play than the coolest Jet memory thread

Mine is the Miami playoff loss in strike shortened 1982 where AJ Duhe got 3 picks from Todd. We had SuperBowl winner written on us that year.

Also the 1986 playoff loss when Gastineau roughing penalty vs Kosar on 4th down Hail Mary extended game we lost.

Sundays lost against the Patriots.

We had the most faith that game,or was it that 2004 afc divisionial round loss to the Steelers which O'Brien missed two game winning field goals

I don't know how you can't rank Vinny writhing in pain with a torn achilles up there. That year we were the odds on favorite to win the SB and at that very moment we went into the obscurity of not even making the playoffs. To me that was horrible and personified Jets bad luck. The Gastineau thing didn't kill me as much, you almost had to expect him to do something as stupid as that.

it was christmas eve... it was raining... it was the saints... it was a shutout

good recipe!

From what I remember it was nice most of the day... rained late... who cares, we were expected to lose and the season was already over. You go to those games to relax and get away from the family.:)

The first one here was worse than the 2nd one. The Gastineau penalty almost seemed like a joke at the time. But truthfully I didn't think we had as great a shot at a Lombardi as in '82.

One of my top-2 or 3 is easily 1999 opening day. ALL of the pieces finally in place. Only team that might have been better than us the year before was Denver & Elway had just retired. Plus we got Marvin Jones back for the whole year. And then...ugh.

Archived