All-Time Worst NY Jet?

Smizzy

Did you see the game??

Yes. I watched it at the time. Taped it and watched it repeatedly. At some point I got over my masochism and I haven't seen it in a few years. Still think it was a borderline call. Gastineau didn't do anything so bad on that play. More valid reasons to dislike Gastineau include his being a horrible teammate, his immaturity, constant stupid quotes in the press, acting like he was bigger than the team and quitting on the team then trying to return.

Yes. I watched it at the time. Taped it and watched it repeatedly. At some point I got over my masochism and I haven't seen it in a few years. Still think it was a borderline call. Gastineau didn't do anything so bad on that play. More valid reasons to dislike Gastineau include his being a horrible teammate, his immaturity, constant stupid quotes in the press, acting like he was bigger than the team and quitting on the team then trying to return.

Your the only one I ever met that called this a borderline call.

All your other comments as insightful as they are relate to the reason he made that hit in the first place.

His ego, his me me me, his macho attitude indirectly led to him thinking that if he

made that sack he would be a hero.

But it aggrevates me every time I think about it so I won't continue discussing it with

you.

All your other comments as insightful as they are relate to the reason he made that hit in the first place.

His ego, his me me me, his macho attitude indirectly led to him thinking that if he

But it aggrevates me every time I think about it so I won't continue discussing it with

you.

I just recently read that they were baiting Gastineau the entire day. Calling him names. Tweaking him.

He let emotions get the best of him and took a cheap shot. It was a cheap shot and desereved to be flagged. Today, that call gets made 100% of the time.

you.

I know people that 100% swear it was a bull**** call. Personally, I think it was maybe 50-50 or worse. Maybe he got there late, but I certainly didn't think it was such a cheap shot. Maybe I was swayed by other people who thought it was a bad call, but I don't think so.

I just recently read that they were baiting Gastineau the entire day. Calling him names. Tweaking him.

He let emotions get the best of him and took a cheap shot. It was a cheap shot and desereved to be flagged. Today, that call gets made 100% of the time.

I don't think it was such a cheap shot. I guess I'll have to watch it again. Today it gets flagged 100% of the time, back then, not so much. That was 20 years ago. QBs wore football pads back then, not a tutu.

Double posted, so I'll have to say Kotite deserves the worst disdain, but since he wasn't a player I wasn't counting him. Expectations play a big part in this. There were certainly worse Jets than Blair ****ing Thomas, but picking a RB over Junior Seau, Keith McCants and Cortez Kennedy when we already had McNeil and Hector makes him my all time most despised as a player.

Scott Frost.

I f*cking hated him! He was one of the worst players I have ever seen... He looked lost on the field...

I would curse him everytime he was in a game, and lucky me had his fat parents sitting 2 rows behind me listening to the venom spewing from my mouth....

I hated him so much I followed his career after he wasnt with the Jets anymore and celebrated when he was cut in preseason.... He was once cut on my birthday and it was one of my best ever!

Archived