All-Time Worst NY Jet?

Smizzy

wow! great topic! hmmm.....

Herm(Good line of BS)Edwards?

Neil(I dont want to get knocked into the middle of next week so I cant play)Odonnell?

Santana(I only play in my contract year)Moss?

Goodness Gracious so many choices. This is too perplexing! OMG which do I pick? Hmm...

And the Loser is Herm(good line of bs)Edwards

Tie between Herm, Blair thomas, and Vance Joseph. Rememebr that Sunday Night game against the Raiders? Jett was licking his chops, going against Joseph.

I remember that game very well and honestly I blame Rich Kotite for that error. Joseph was a converted College QB moved to CB and was given his first NFL start against Tim Brown (in his prime) on Sunday night football. Terrible move by Kotite. Joseph was out of position against a pro bowler..he basically had no chance. I guess that based on that I'd have to put Kotite down as my "worst ever" if we're using coaches.

wow! great topic! hmmm.....

Herm(Good line of BS)Edwards?

Neil(I dont want to get knocked into the middle of next week so I cant play)Odonnell?

Santana(I only play in my contract year)Moss?

Goodness Gracious so many choices. This is too perplexing! OMG which do I pick? Hmm...

And the Loser is Herm(good line of bs)Edwards

Santana Moss is one of the 3 worst Jets of all-time? That's a reach. Injured year one, Herm wouldn't start him year two. Had one very good season (NOT in a contract year) in year 3 (also when Herm wouldn't start him until Conway got injured). Then had a so-so statistical season in '04 when Chad/Hackett would never throw the ball deep no matter how open he got. Don't get this one. There were far worse Jets than Moss. There were better ones, but bottom-3 of all time is nuts.

You hit the nail on the head with Herm though. No one did so little with so much. Changed the offense & defense while they were still productive in the old systems & ill-fit for the new ones. Never started young players until a veteran got injured. Blamed everyone around him other than himself for the team coming up short & marvelled in his "brilliance" in gameplanning when the team squeaked out wins vs lousy teams. Then finally planned his departure from the team before his last season here began while he had 2 years left on the contract (not counting the current one about to begin) that he requested, found agreeable, and signed. Just a lowlife rat.

Bubby Brister, Mathew Hatchette. Rich Kotite made Herm look like Vince Lombardi.
I hated that man with a passion. I used to punch my radio during his post game news conferences where he blamed everybody but himself. Total tool....

From a player point of view it could be Vance Joseph but as it's been said above it wasn't

entirely his fault.

My pick and I will be the only one with this one is:

Mark Gastineau

All his sacks didn't mean diddly after he hit Bernie Kosar five minutes after

he threw the ball costing us a trip to the SB. Even Doug Brien doesn't bother me as much.

From a player point of view it could be Vance Joseph but as it's been said above it wasn't

entirely his fault.

My pick and I will be the only one with this one is:

Mark Gastineau

All his sacks didn't mean diddly after he hit Bernie Kosar five minutes after

he threw the ball costing us a trip to the SB. Even Doug Brien doesn't bother me as much.

Five minutes!?!? Senior, were you already senile in '86? ;)

the only "good" thing i can say about herm is that he wasn't at bad as kotite. of course, there are many levels between kotite and horse manure.

The problem with Herm is that he had many of us, myself including feeding of his BS... I thought he was pretty good at first... it took a little while to catch on... If he wasnt such a full of **** BS'n fool... if he were just a plain fool I would actually like him better... lol

The problem with Herm is that he had many of us, myself including feeding of his BS... I thought he was pretty good at first... it took a little while to catch on... If he wasnt such a full of **** BS'n fool... if he were just a plain fool I would actually like him better... lol

we're jet fans. deep down we know we're never going to win it all again. at least herm gave us some optimism, at least at first.

ps: and i'm no hermite. look at my avatar.

we're jet fans. deep down we know we're never going to win it all again. at least herm gave us some optimism, at least at first.

ps: and i'm no hermite. look at my avatar.

He had me hooked that for sure... bastard! lol

Lets all just hope we dont have turds with Mangini's head on them in 3 or 4 years! :):penguin:

Archived