ASANTE SAMUEL REQUESTING TRADE

Pragmatic Bus

I don't like it..now some other dumbass team just like the Seahawks will give mumbles another 1st round pick.

And I don't want his attitude on the Jets.

Yeah plus with him picking the ball off 10+ times a year the offense would get really tired from spending so much time on the field.

Yeah plus with him picking the ball off 10+ times a year the offense would get really tired from spending so much time on the field.

Interceptions are overrated..they always have been.

Is he a good corner? yes

Is he worth the aggravation? No

Interceptions are overrated..they always have been.

Is he a good corner? yes

Is he worth the aggravation? No

I would have liked to see him in our defensive backfiled but knew it wasn't gonna happen-no WAY was Belichick letting us get him...

I don't understand why he's considered to have an attitude. No player likes the franchise tag and he's doing what a lot of players do when tagged.

I hope someone doesn't give them another 1st round pick, but on the other hand it would be nice to have him out of the division.

just reported on NFL network. i said that would happen a while back and all the pats fans and some jets fan were whining "but he said he would stay"

now what. give me my credit mofos

Someone asking for props on the internet is the first sign of having no friends.

I would have liked to see him in our defensive backfiled but knew it wasn't gonna happen-no WAY was Belichick letting us get him...

I would have liked him in our defensive backfield too..but that was before all his recent whining and temper tantrums.

He's making really good money,he's just whining because he's franchised.

I would have liked him in our defensive backfield too..but that was before all his recent whining and temper tantrums.

Bill Parcells hates whiners!!!

yup and getting NO SYMPATHY from even one fan of the game-I haven't read anything from anybody ever supporting that crap

This is the game many franchised players take. Its the same way John Abraham handled his. They whine, they demand a trade, they don't come to voluntary workouts, and they hold out all training camp. Then they invariably realize that they aren't going to leave the multi-millions on the table and they report at the last minute. The system makes this the most likely scenario. Only if the team decides they don't want them anymore, like the Eagles pulling their offer and releasing Corey Simon that year, will the player get let go. They don't have the leverage. Sometimes the team will promise to not franchise them next year if they report, but that is usually as far as team will go.

Here is his quote:

Cornerback Asante Samuel spoke with Adam Schefter of the NFL Network and updated the status of his contract talks with the Patriots.

“This is to let everybody know that I’m not happy anymore and things are not going well,” Samuel told Schefter. “At first I thought it was going well, but it’s not.

We have a difference of opinion in my value. They think I’m worth one price and the other teams think I’m worth a lot more. If a long-term deal can’t be done at fair numbers for me and New England, then I want to be traded.”

Nothing out of the ordinary there.

asante is just the beginning - there will be more players that start asking for "adelius" money now that the pats have shown a willingness to shell out big $ for free agents. wilfork and warren's contracts are coming up and seymour always wants more $. i really hope samuel doesn't get traded, plays this season out of shape and disgruntled and then leaves next year as a free agent. i hate seeing the pats accumulate more 1st rd picks.

I don't like it..now some other dumbass team just like the Seahawks will give mumbles another 1st round pick.

And I don't want his attitude on the Jets.

What attitude is that? I'd rather have a player requesting a trade than trying to make it rain. I hardly see how requesting a trade is equivalent to having a bad attitude.

I never said he wouldn't demand to be traded, I said he wouldn't hold out. I expect Samuel to do everything in his power to get a long term deal or get out without sacrificing the franchise money. I don't see it as an attitude problem or poison in the lockerroom. The guy wants a long-term deal. One with a real signing bonus where he doesn't have to worry about losing all his money if he gets hurt. I'd expect him to report and do the minimum necessary to get his franchise money. All in all, good news for us and the first sign him might hold out like Chad said. Anybody that doesn't want a guy for doing this is a somebody that won't want anybody that has been franchised.

I would have loved to have this guy on our team. But your right. They aren't going to trade him in our division, next best thing is to have him out of our division.

Seriously the very very best thing is having an Asante Samuel who is disgruntled and sitting out.

He should pull his hammy and still get paid.

Memo to Asante.

You are being hosed there my brutha.

Take the seven million, play like crap and poison the locker room.

Thankyou and goodnight.

How's he being hosed? He was franchised which means he must be paid the average of the top five (?) db's in the league...that is seven million beans. Jeez - I wish someone would hose me like that.

Playing like crap, however, will definitely command big bucks the following season when he's a free agent. Wow. :rolleyes:

This is what I think they should do. Tell him to go _ _ _ _ himself. Play or sit. Whatever. Personally, these whiney primadonna's are starting to get on my nerves.

How's he being hosed? He was franchised which means he must be paid the average of the top five (?) db's in the league...that is seven million beans. Jeez - I wish someone would hose me like that.

Playing like crap, however, will definitely command big bucks the following season when he's a free agent. Wow. :rolleyes:

This is what I think they should do. Tell him to go _ _ _ _ himself. Play or sit. Whatever. Personally, these whiney primadonna's are starting to get on my nerves.

he can't afford to dog it-he HAS to play for a big payday...just like John Abraham did....who I might add became a pariah in the eyes of almost every single Jets fan-he may have had a couple of supporters left when he got shipped-but not many

Whether these players get on your nerves or not is neither here nor there.

This is almost exactly the same situation we were in with John Abraham or the one that the Bears are facing with Briggs. The player sees that the club is prepared to come up with a multiyear deal for somebody else's free agent but not for him. If the player and or the club is prepared to poison the well then there exist a very real possiblity that BOTH the play and the club will lose asset value out of this process.

Look if we are admiring of the money that football players make then it doesnt even take a million to make me jealous. This is not about comparing his offer for 2007 to the amount you or I might make in a year. It is about comparing his relative worth to other players around the league with comparable performances.

Players who get franchised have the right to feel screwed by the system because robs them of the chance to tuck away some of that guaranteed signing bonus moeny which is really the only insurance they ever get against future injury. Yes, they get something in return but not fair value as evidenced by the degree to which most of them get pissed off by the club's use of the tag.

I don't believe you are correct here. He was screwed by the Pats when they franchised him with the non-exclusive tag. In that case he is only entitled to the top five salaries at his position from last year which I believe is about 5.8 million. The Pats basically took about 2 million out of his pocket. I'd be pissed as well, especially when they are throwing the money at marginal FAs....

I'll see if I can find a link about the compensation.

---edit---

Here it is, instead of getting 7.7 million as exclusive he is entitled to only 5.8. Knowing this and watching Clements get 22 big ones guaranteed has to piss the guy off....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_Tag

They might as well do away with the franchise tag because it has become virtually useless unless your goal is to piss off a player. F#cking unreal.

great point man,, you are right, ,it keeps a player but cause dussension on lockeroom and huddle

I don't believe you are correct here. He was screwed by the Pats when they franchised him with the non-exclusive tag. In that case he is only entitled to the top five salaries at his position from last year which I believe is about 5.8 million. The Pats basically took about 2 million out of his pocket. I'd be pissed as well, especially when they are throwing the money at marginal FAs....

I'll see if I can find a link about the compensation.

---edit---

Here it is, instead of getting 7.7 million as exclusive he is entitled to only 5.8. Knowing this and watching Clements get 22 big ones guaranteed has to piss the guy off....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_Tag

Um....using your link.

If Assante is only getting 5.8. He can negotiate with other teams and then the other team can sign him, but lose 2 first round draft picks. That is the benfit of the lower salary. You have the right to negotiate that the higher salary does not offer.

Assante needs to talk to his agent.

pats spent a bunch of coin on Thomas and should have paid Asante first. The tag was put in place to give teams more time to work out Longterm deals.

pats f'd this up. no 2 ways around it. He should sit for 10 games then get paid in 2008 like clements

Um....using your link.

If Assante is only getting 5.8. He can negotiate with other teams and then the other team can sign him, but lose 2 first round draft picks. That is the benfit of the lower salary. You have the right to negotiate that the higher salary does not offer.

Assante needs to talk to his agent.

Yes, but the non-exclusive tag weighs too much in favor of the teams. The either need to get rid of this option all together or tweak the compensation. Two first is usually too rich for most players, the owners know that, that's why they choose to go this route instead of the exclusive tag.

Archived