NFL changing its logo in 2008

I saw this in a NYT article before the season started...

I didnt know what to think of it then and I dont know now either.

I don't like it. I don't like when things that look great decide to change. There was no need to change it, and I specifically hate the new font.

2 weeks after they introduce it nobody will notice the difference

agreed... i've never really paid attention to the NFL shield until this year when I saw the new logo released before the season started and Ive been wondering why they havent changed yet. didnt know it was for '08.

Its good to change things for Goodell... its a new era with him. A little change in the logo is good.

The only thing that comes to mind is "If it ain't broke don't fix it" This is change for change sake, it is not value added. If he wants to make a change get the NFL network to replay all of the games during the week like they do during the preseason for out of market fans.

The only thing that comes to mind is "If it ain't broke don't fix it" This is change for change sake, it is not value added. If he wants to make a change get the NFL network to replay all of the games during the week like they do during the preseason for out of market fans.

The value comes in merchandising. I wouldn't be caught dead in anything with the old logo on it.

The value comes in merchandising. I wouldn't be caught dead in anything with the old logo on it.

I do not think that logo will have a major impact in merchandising. People are going to by NFL gear with the new logo or the current logo.

:shock:

I guess I should've included :rolleyes: at the end of the sentence.

Archived