Obituary: 03/30/08

Maxman

It was an April Fools Joke.

And I am told that the mod forum isn't as you described it, but that is besides the point. Just having fun. Seriously what is the harm in having a little fun?

I deleted posts in this thread that went too far. I always keep the line within sight.

I'm not talking about the April Fool joke...do you seriously think Sooth would name himself one of the spoof names you used here and start a thread on his board? This old feud always comes back up when it's slow in the off season, it's a waste of time and energy, and fish nailed it with his post.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you guys did see that, and there was nothing to see, no bashing of posters, no bashing of other sites, no nonsense of any kind...Max you I'm actually disappointed that you encourage some of this stuff, I thought it was over.

Hey Jetswin. Can I have access to your mod forum so I can check it out for myself.

They pride themselves in their post counts and members, but 90% of their board is full of non-Jets topics and complete bull****. There are more immature young kids and adults there than here, and its shown in almost every thread. Do they have some great, intelligent posters over there? Absolutely. Is that the majority? Not even close. Heck, it isn't the majority anywhere, however there there are few and far between, even with their infloated members number.

Do I think the moderators and some posters have multiple names? Absolutely. There are some that get away with murder there, and others are banned for something that could be corrected by just a PM, not a life-time ban.

Hey you are new here so let me just be clear. You can not bash the posters of JI. I am sure there are good people. We are allowed to blast Sooth for being a sell out and profiting off of Jets fans with VIP Memberships.

Please adjust your posts accordingly. :)

Sorry, I meant to say that Sooth is a big, hairy, pancake eating doo-doo head! :)

I'm not talking about the April Fool joke...do you seriously think Sooth would name himself one of the spoof names you used here and start a thread on his board? This old feud always comes back up when it's slow in the off season, it's a waste of time and energy, and fish nailed it with his post.

Alright -- Jetswin is truly one of the good guys. Out of respect for him I am going to move on.

The answer though to the question that you asked is Yes. BigBadColtsfan and Streetballa333 told me.

:love0030:

I would have thought you knew me better than that SJ. I'm no man's stooge, and I'm no man's pawn, and I take offense to anyone who says otherwise. I said (and say) what I mean, and act accordingly.

If you feel the need to know, I locked the thread without knowing Sooth was posting whilst I was locking. After the fact, after I had locked it, Sooth made his last comment. He did not tell me he was going to make it, nor was there any communications between Sooth and I over that thread. I did what I felt is right, which is what I always do, and what Sooth has me around to do. Period.

Interboard flametrolling is lame and weak and sad. For ****s sake, why the hell are we doing this to each other, when so many wonderful Pats, Phins and Bills sites (well, maybe not Bills sites) exisit for us to vent our spleens on?

I mean lets put all the cards on the table.....are banned-from-JI-now-resident-JN'er THAT bitter and angry about it that trolling is needed? Or some of the vitriol in this thread (and in the thread I killed on JI)? Or better yet, conspiracy "Where is WaldoSooth" theories of the 400 Screen Names of Sooth?

For ****s sake, really?

You guys have a GREAT site, with a great community, and (IMO) a great group of guys running it. It's the site Max and Smizz and others always wanted. And it IS a great site. And you're happy here, right?

So why the hell waste another millisend being pissed about JI? For any reason? If you really think you've been wronged, why not be the bigger man in such a case and let it go?

I've said it before, there is not a day that goes by that I do not wish from the bottom of my tiny little shrivvelled and bitter heart that things were different, and this tripe was a thing of the past. But as long as people on both sides continue to hold bitterness and anger in their hearts over things that frankly don't matter, and better yet led to the creation of THIS site that you all love and enjoy, there will always be a stupid cloud of lame and epic fail over BOTH our sites, plain and simple.

I'm sorry Max, Smizz and others for ranting. Truly. :(

sorry warfish..

another reason to bring back tx for good...

when he was here, we were united .. focused as a group.. against him..

but alas with him gone, we turn on each other...

bad bad

gainzo, alk and garb are mild mannered.. and they dont really get under peoples skin..

but tx.. he is different

i realize there were those who ran off crying off like little babies when he said garbage...

but do we need posters here with that thin skin...

honest .. they should just clean the sand out of their foreskin (if they have any) .. and buck it up...

bring back tx.. to united us all!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

:D

bad bad

gainzo, alk and garb are mild mannered.. and they dont really get under peoples skin..

but tx.. he is different

i realize there were those who ran off crying off like little babies when he said garbage...

honest .. they should just clean the sand out of their foreskin (if they have any) .. and buck it up...

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

one more reason and perhaps the most important (for you):

When Tx is here you get that familiar and oh so wonderful "tingle"

i realize there were those who ran off crying off like little boys when he said garbage...

:lol:

Holy Smokes, I clicked the link really thinking someone had died. Don't do that, man - aside from the fact that I'm as about as gullible as they come. :bag:

YOU'RE gullible? BobbyJet69 told me in a thread that the draft was THIS weekend so I dialed up William Shatner and he booked me a ticket to Newark-luckily for me American Airlines is going out of business and they refunded my ticket...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53354

one more reason and perhaps the most important (for you):

When Tx is here you get that familiar and oh so wonderful "tingle"

:yawn: oh yes... thats right the ONLY reason... you are so right dna... as always. :rolleyes:

i have pined for tx for so long.. thats all us women can do.. other then cook and clean and birth babies...

hold on .. be right back.. i have a roast in the oven..

and oh yes i need to sharpen my knives..

:yawn: oh yes... thats right the ONLY reason... you are so right dna... as always. :rolleyes:

i have pined for tx for so long.. thats all us women can do.. other then cook and clean and birth babies...

hold on .. be right back.. i have a roast in the oven..

and oh yes i need to sharpen my knives..

It's a classic love/hate relationship. You two would fight like cats and dogs but it always seemed that any minute, in the middle of a fight, you might fall into each others arms and end up having wild and passionate sex. There's no shame in that. ;)

It's a classic love/hate relationship. You two would fight like cats and dogs but it always seemed that any minute, in the middle of a fight, you might fall into each others arms and end up having wild and passionate sex. There's no shame in that. ;)

ummm no..

i am not into men who are lifetime members of AARP. :puke:

and i am also not into patsie fans..

i rather scrub my body with brillo and lye.

but enjoy your fantasies of me and tx, dna.. whatever gets you thru the night .. or the next 3 mins ;)

Ho hum. Another day, another lecture from Jetswin. :roll:

Alright -- Jetswin is truly one of the good guys. Out of respect for him I am going to move on.

The answer though to the question that you asked is Yes. BigBadColtsfan and Streetballa333 told me.

:love0030:

We'll see who gets the last laugh, funny boy.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

I don't think it has anything to do with him saying garbage, it's that every single thread turned into the same ole garbage. Tx saying the same crap, and some posters saying the same crap back to him. Very boring for people who want to read, and talk about the Jets to wade thru that manure.

Banning Tx cost JN about 9,000 posts a week, but I really think it is a much more enjoyable site without him.

I admire Max for that

bad bad

but tx.. he is different

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

"clean the sand out of your foreskin"? Nice twist on the original saying.

As for all the warring and "us against them" attitude around here, I read a great book called Primal Branding that explains one of the most important things to establishing fierce brand loyalty is having a natural enemy to the brand. That is exactly what has occurrd here, with positive results on poster loyalty.

Hey, you can embrace the new school marketing/branding ideas. Or charge people 55.00 for the luxury of a functioning search field, LOL

Btw I highly recomwnd this book to anyone interested in this kinda stuff.

"clean the sand out of your foreskin"? Nice twist on the original saying.

As for all the warring and "us against them" attitude around here, I read a great book called Primal Branding that explains one of the most important things to establishing fierce brand loyalty is having a natural enemy to the brand. That is exactly what has occurrd here, with positive results on poster loyalty.

Hey, you can embrace the new school marketing/branding ideas. Or charge people 55.00 for the luxury of a functioning search field, LOL

Btw I highly recomwnd this book to anyone interested in this kinda stuff.

I remember you telling me about that awhile ago. You were like they are the Coke to your Pepsi. LOL.

Archived