Chances that the Tannenbaum/Bradway Brain Trust Will **** Up This Draft Royally

T0mShane

What are the chances Tannenbaum and Bradway Pork This Draft, Too?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What are the chances Tannenbaum and Bradway Pork This Draft, Too?

• 100%: There is no question we draft a Mike-Nugent-type loser after trading up 15 times
    • 99%: It's conceivable that they will draft a player who actually likes football this year.
    • 98%: Even a ****-eating fly mistakenly lands on a piece of chocolate cake once in awhile.
    • 97%: Bradway could always forget there's a draft and just stay home, right?
    • 0%: Bradway and Tannenbaum majored in "Talent Evaluation" at the University of Phoenix this winter.

wow...Threads like these make me sick.

We have been drafting REALLY good in the 1st round and you cant knock our front office for the type of year that Gholston had because if the Jets didn't draft the man, another team would have and Gholston would have NEVER made it out of the top 10. And thats because he's a special talent and helped lead that Ohio State Defense. The Jets seen a pass rushing animal in Gholston and pulled the trigger and I respect that and still feel it was a great pick because Rex Ryan can bring the best out of talented players such as Gholston.

We have drafted players such as Revis, Harris, Ferguson, Mangold and Gholston during the 1st rounds the past couple of years and lets not forget that we have stole some players out of the 4th round with players such as Cotchery, Rhodes along with Leon Washington. We also murked the Bears for Thomas Jones and we pulled off a MONSTER deal that went the Jets favor in Jenkins from the Panthers.

We added players such as Faneca and Pace through Free agency and just landed Sheppard and Scott this past offseasn...

Why think negative with a BS thread like this before the draft? Makes me sick.

We have been drafting REALLY good in the 1st round and you cant knock our front office for the type of year that Gholston had because if the Jets didn't draft the man, another team would have and Gholston would have NEVER made it out of the top 10. And thats because he's a special talent and helped lead that Ohio State Defense. The Jets seen a pass rushing animal in Gholston and pulled the trigger and I respect that and still feel it was a great pick because Rex Ryan can bring the best out of talented players such as Gholston.

We have drafted players such as Revis, Harris, Ferguson, Mangold and Gholston during the 1st rounds the past couple of years and lets not forget that we have stole some players out of the 4th round with players such as Cotchery, Rhodes along with Leon Washington. We also murked the Bears for Thomas Jones and we pulled off a MONSTER deal that went the Jets favor in Jenkins from the Panthers.

We added players such as Faneca and Pace through Free agency and just landed Sheppard and Scott this past offseasn...

negative people make me sick!

The biggest problem isn't the personnel we'll draft--it's the way we've pissed away draft picks the last few years. While the Pats and Giants have 10 or 11 picks to bargain with and build depth, guaranteeing quality competition throughout camp and preseason, we've got to depend on walk-ons and castoffs for depth and competition. Beyond that issue, we've drafted moderately well recently, though with a few expected hiccups.

The biggest problem isn't the personnel we'll draft--it's the way we've pissed away draft picks the last few years. While the Pats and Giants have 10 or 11 picks to bargain with and build depth, guaranteeing quality competition throughout camp and preseason, we've got to depend on walk-ons and castoffs for depth and competition. Beyond that issue, we've drafted moderately well recently, though with a few expected hiccups.

We have been kicking the Pats ass as far as drafting talented players...The Pats only wish they drafted players such as Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Revis, Harris, Mangold, Ferguson to name a few...Yeah, the Patrtios got blessed with Tom Brady, but why use the Pats as an example against the Jets when talking about the draft? The Jets have been light years ahead of the Pats when it comes to drafting talented players.

So what...The Pats stock piled draft picks here in 2009, that has nothing to do with what the Jets are doing.

We have been kicking the Pats ass as far as drafting talented players...The Pats only wish they drafted players such as Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes, Revis, Harris, Mangold, Ferguson to name a few...Yeah, the Patrtios got blessed with Tom Brady, but why use the Pats as an example against the Jets when talking about the draft? The Jets have been light years ahead of the Pats when it comes to drafting talented players.

So what...The Pats stock piled draft picks here in 2009, that has nothing to do with what the Jets are doing.

What? The past five years New England has done a better job.

Patriots 2004-Present

LB Jerod Mayo

CB/S Brandon Merriweather

K Stephen Gostkowski

RB Laurence Maroney

OT Ryan O'Callaghan

OG Logan Mankins

CB Ellis Hobbs

OG Nick Kaczur

TE Ben Watson

NT Vince Wilfork

QB Matt Cassel

Jets 2004-Present

TE Dustin Keller

CB Darrelle Revis

LB David Harris

OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

C Nick Mangold

RB/KR Leon Washington

S Kerry Rhodes

LB Jonathan Vilma

WR Jerricho Cotchery

New England has the edge the past 5 drafts.

Jesus Christ. Go throw up then and then get back into the conversation. If you don't like it, don't read it. Keep sitting down in Tampa with your Kool-Aid DWC..... or is it "SUPER FAN DWC"?

Patriots 2004-Present

LB Jerod Mayo

K Stephen Gostkowski

RB Laurence Maroney

OT Ryan O'Callaghan

OG Logan Mankins

CB Ellis Hobbs

OG Nick Kaczur

TE Ben Watson

NT Vince Wilfork

QB Matt Cassel

Jets 2004-Present

TE Dustin Keller

CB Darrelle Revis

LB David Harris

OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

C Nick Mangold

RB/KR Leon Washington

S Kerry Rhodes

LB Jonathan Vilma

WR Jerricho Cotchery

The Jets players on that list are much, much better.

Patriots 2004-Present

LB Jerod Mayo

K Stephen Gostkowski

RB Laurence Maroney

OT Ryan O'Callaghan

OG Logan Mankins

CB Ellis Hobbs

OG Nick Kaczur

TE Ben Watson

NT Vince Wilfork

QB Matt Cassel

Jets 2004-Present

TE Dustin Keller

CB Darrelle Revis

LB David Harris

OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

C Nick Mangold

RB/KR Leon Washington

S Kerry Rhodes

LB Jonathan Vilma

WR Jerricho Cotchery

Yeah right...My ass bro. I would take those Jet players over those NE playes anyday of the week guy

The Jets players on that list are much, much better.

Really?

A guy who had about four good games at ILB, with a scatback/kick returner, average Left Tackle with a MLB who isn't on the team anymore?

Yeah, awesome.

Meanwhile New England has the better ILB prospect (more consistent too), a Top 5 starting OG, a Top 5 Kicker, a starting RB, the better all around TE (so far) and the best NT in the league.

New England gets the slight edge.

D'Brick is an elite LT. Mayo is severely overrated (He had one good game in 08) and I'd take a healtht David Harris over him anyday.

Wilfork and Mankins are the only really great picks there.

You're also not factoring in WHERE players were drafted - Leon, Rhodes and Cotch were 4th rounders who've developed into outstanding NFL players (Downplays Leons role all you want but he's oe of this teams most important players) which means they have been exceptionally good value for where they were picked. The Jets have first rounders - Brick, Mangold, Revis who are elite players at their positions IMO with Mangold being the best in the league at his and Revis probably 2nd to Namdi. Keller too looks like a quality recieving TE.

All of the Pats players who've developed into good players from that list are 1st rounders and many including Merriweather, Maroney (Who sucks btw) and Watson have been far from great. Gostkowski is a kicker drafted in the fourth round (pretty high for a kicker). He would have been expected to be as good as he's been.

Overall, with the player you listed - I'd take the Jets.

HOWEVER you must also consider that the Pats traded picks for Moss and Welker, while the Jets traded for Kris Jenkins. That must be considered.

HOWEVER you must also consider that the Pats traded picks for Moss and Welker, while the Jets traded for Kris Jenkins. That must be considered.

Which just helps New England's case even more.

And hey, they got a 2nd for Matt Cassel while we got a 3rd for Vilma.

Which just helps New England's case even more.

And hey, they got a 2nd for Matt Cassel while we got a 3rd for Vilma.

True but in terms of the draft process itself I'd give the edge to the Jets.

Vilma was a very talented MLB, we just changed to a scheme that really didn't suit his strengths. Cassell? They did great to get a 2nd out of him but in terms of NFL success, well, we'll see in the next few seasons. He still has a lot to prove and I'm not yet convinced he's anything special.

I voted 97%. Bradway gets in his car, decides he likes the check buy doesn't give a boris about the actual selection process process and calls up to Florham Park at about the Toms River exit on the GSP that he has a flat or a sore throat or tickets to a Air Supply reunuon or some other similar ****&bull story.Whcih means who ever makes the picks does a better job than being impressed by the likes of Gholston's physique or Robertson's workouts.

As to "negative'-WIN SOMETHING. Then the negative ends.

D'Brick is an elite LT. Mayo is severely overrated (He had one good game in 08) and I'd take a healtht David Harris over him anyday.

Wilfork and Mankins are the only really great picks there.

You're also not factoring in WHERE players were drafted - Leon, Rhodes and Cotch were 4th rounders who've developed into outstanding NFL players (Downplays Leons role all you want but he's oe of this teams most important players) which means they have been exceptionally good value for where they were picked. The Jets have first rounders - Brick, Mangold, Revis who are elite players at their positions IMO with Mangold being the best in the league at his and Revis probably 2nd to Namdi. Keller too looks like a quality recieving TE.

All of the Pats players who've developed into good players from that list are 1st rounders and many including Merriweather, Maroney (Who sucks btw) and Watson have been far from great. Gostkowski is a kicker drafted in the fourth round (pretty high for a kicker). He would have been expected to be as good as he's been.

Overall, with the player you listed - I'd take the Jets.

I gotta take exception to the Mayo comment. He is fantastic. Fast as heck, great nose for the ball and hits like a truck. Harris is very good but desn't compare to Mayo as an athlete.

And Brick is fine at LT but not elite - he is not a good run blocker and is merely above average at pass blocking. Mangold and Revis are elite players (as is Gostkowski).

I agree with everything else in your post; overall the Jet players are better (though Wilfork is the best, most impactful player in the bunch).

Patriots 2004-Present

LB Jerod Mayo

K Stephen Gostkowski

RB Laurence Maroney

OT Ryan O'Callaghan

OG Logan Mankins

CB Ellis Hobbs

OG Nick Kaczur

TE Ben Watson

NT Vince Wilfork

QB Matt Cassel

Jets 2004-Present

TE Dustin Keller

CB Darrelle Revis

LB David Harris

OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

C Nick Mangold

RB/KR Leon Washington

S Kerry Rhodes

LB Jonathan Vilma

WR Jerricho Cotchery

Leon Washington is more talented then Maroney, hands down. Keep in mind we took Washington in the later rounds, and the Patriots wasted their pick on Maroney in the first round.

Dustin Keller, I don't really know if he's better then Watson right now, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will be.

David Harris was a steal in the second round, and Jarrod Mayo was an early pick, so from where we picked I'd say Harris is better, but the both have given their teams equal amounts of success.

Kerry Rhodes is better then everything in his life then Marriweather will ever be. As is Revis compared to a bum like Ellis Hobbs.

Nick Mangold is probably one of the best centers in the game right now, and better the any of the offensive lineman the Patriots have taken since 2004. I would consider D'Brickashaw a bust for where he was taken, but he's still a starter on most teams.

Wilfork is the only player on the Patriots on that list that I am jealous of.

The year we drafted Nugent, and Justin Miller.

Two things. One, how does one awful draft in the last 4 years and 3 straight years of decent to good drafts equate to "100% chance they will **** this one up"?

Second, take a look at that 2nd round draft class that year. Not all that inspiring. Maybe if you were one of the lucky 3 or 4 teams that made a stellar pick and that is being generous.

Patriots 2004-Present

LB Jerod Mayo

K Stephen Gostkowski

RB Laurence Maroney

OT Ryan O'Callaghan

OG Logan Mankins

CB Ellis Hobbs

OG Nick Kaczur

TE Ben Watson

NT Vince Wilfork

QB Matt Cassel

Jets 2004-Present

TE Dustin Keller

CB Darrelle Revis

LB David Harris

OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

C Nick Mangold

RB/KR Leon Washington

S Kerry Rhodes

LB Jonathan Vilma

WR Jerricho Cotchery

Have to be honest. The Jets have drafted better. Further, put those players from NE under the coaching & gameplanning of Herm Edwards & Eric Mangini instead of BB & still show me they're better. It is quite the handicap.

I don't know where you come off including Ryan O'Callaghan as anything. He's awful. That's like including Eric Smith on the "good job" list for the Jets. Both are backup players who were lousy when starting. And Lawrence Maroney? A first round RB who has never touched the ball 200x in a season? This is an example of a good draft pick?

Ben Watson just sucks. Particularly for a 1st rounder. The only reason he ever put up any receiving numbers is due to who's throwing the ball to him. And that's the good part of his game. He still blocks like a rookie Dustin Keller, but I'd say after 1 year Keller did a little better than the 2 catches for 16 yards Watson had as a 1st round draft pick. Chris Baker is actually an upgrade for them.

And I can't believe you, of all people, left Nugent off the Jets' list. He was generally good when healthy. Not 2nd-round worthy, but he was fine.

You also left Derrick Ward off the Jets' list. That the Giants scooped him up doesn't change that he was nothing short of a great draft pick in the late 7th round. He's certainly a better RB than Lawrence Maroney.

Vilma over Wilfat was just a stupid move even back then, particularly with the knowledge they weren't re-signing Fergie. 225-lb linebacker with a congenital knee disorder over a beast of a nose tackle.

Now since no team drafts only good players...(I'll stick to the first 4 rounds)

NE:

• Rd 1: Ben Watson (sucks for a 1st round TE)
  • Rd 1: Lawrence Maroney (really sucks for a 1st round RB)
  • Rd 2: Chad Jackson (lol. Had NE stayed where they were they'd have Greg Jennings & still kept the 11th pick in round 3. He cost a 2nd AND a 3rd round pick.)
  • Rd 2: Marquise Hill (a tragedy what happened, but he just wasn't a good pick/player)
  • Rd 3: Shawn Crable (nothing so far)
  • Rd 3: Kevin O'Connell (nothing so far)
  • Rd 3: David Thomas
  • Rd 3: Guss Scott
  • Rd 4: Jonathan Wilhite
  • Rd 4: Kareem Brown
  • Rd 4: Garrett Mills
  • Rd 4: James Sanders (starter, but so is/was Erik Coleman)
  • Rd 4: Dexter Reid
  • Rd 4: Cedric Cobbs

NYJ:

• Rd 1: Vernon Gholston (nothing so far)
  • Rd 2: Kellen Clemens
  • Rd 2: Mike Nugent
  • Rd 2: Justin Miller (bust as a CB, but a hell of a KR)
  • Rd 3: Anthony Schlegel (ugh...but no worse of a pick than Chad Jackson & cost less)
  • Rd 3: Eric Smith
  • Rd 3: Sione Pouha
  • Rd 3: Derrick Strait
  • Rd 4: Brad Smith
  • Rd 4: Adrian Jones

What you should note is that the Jets have simply had fewer picks. To be totally fair, they usually picked ahead of New England so they should have drafted better players in theory.

NE is not some model of awesome drafting even though they get these marvelous draft-day grades right after their drafts are over because of BB's name.

But they do draft better QB's in the 6th-7th rounds than we draft in the 1st-2nd. :bag:

D'Brick is the most underrated player on the Jets team. He's probably in the top 3 pass blockers in the league.

Really? If anything, I'd say he's overrated. An average NFL starter, nothing special at all.

D'Brick is the most underrated player on the Jets team. He's probably in the top 3 pass blockers in the league.

Stop it. Brick routinely gets toasted one on one by speed rushers -- the guys he's supposedly best suited to block. And last year he played in front of Farve, a guy who was good at alluding the sack (in favor of the interception, but that's for another thread).

True but in terms of the draft process itself I'd give the edge to the Jets.

Vilma was a very talented MLB, we just changed to a scheme that really didn't suit his strengths. Cassell? They did great to get a 2nd out of him but in terms of NFL success, well, we'll see in the next few seasons. He still has a lot to prove and I'm not yet convinced he's anything special.

Regardless of what Cassel does in KC he was a great pick for NEW ENGLAND. Picked in the 7th. Won 11 games as QB then traded for a high second.

If he gets inducted into the HOF or gets cut during preseason, it won't change one iota the analysis of him as a NE pick.

Why even waste your time and energy responding to a post like this? It wasn't worth your effort, man.

Leon Washington is more talented then Maroney, hands down. Keep in mind we took Washington in the later rounds, and the Patriots wasted their pick on Maroney in the first round.

Dustin Keller, I don't really know if he's better then Watson right now, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will be.

David Harris was a steal in the second round, and Jarrod Mayo was an early pick, so from where we picked I'd say Harris is better, but the both have given their teams equal amounts of success.

Kerry Rhodes is better then everything in his life then Marriweather will ever be. As is Revis compared to a bum like Ellis Hobbs.

Nick Mangold is probably one of the best centers in the game right now, and better the any of the offensive lineman the Patriots have taken since 2004. I would consider D'Brickashaw a bust for where he was taken, but he's still a starter on most teams.

Wilfork is the only player on the Patriots on that list that I am jealous of.

Though I like D'Brick a good deal more than you seem to like him this post is 100% spot on.

I like Mayo and and their kicker is a stud but Wilfork is the only pick that pops off the page when you look at the list my nephew compiled. The Jets got have a solid MLB, a good LT, a great center, a top tier CB, a safety who may turn into the star we all believe ge can be, a legit play maker at TE and Leon Washington.... not to mention trading picks for Lito, KRIS JENKINS and swapping 2nd rounders for T. Jones.

I would take the Jets list over the Pats list any day of the week and I am sure any honest Pats fan would feel the same way.

Though I like D'Brick a good deal more than you seem to like him this post is 100% spot on.

I like Mayo and and their kicker is a stud but Wilfork is the only pick that pops off the page when you look at the list my nephew compiled. The Jets got have a solid MLB, a good LT, a great center, a top tier CB, a safety who may turn into the star we all believe ge can be, a legit play maker at TE and Leon Washington.... not to mention trading picks for Lito, KRIS JENKINS and swapping 2nd rounders for T. Jones.

I would take the Jets list over the Pats list any day of the week and I am sure any honest Pats fan would feel the same way.

Yeah, it's really sort of amazing the talent we've found the last couple of years, and since 2004 we've only been in the playoffs 2004, and 2006. Bad coaching really has screwed us.

Archived