Matt Cassel Injury...

SoFlaJets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We probably would've been blown out of the arena by the Greatest Show on Turf.

BS.

Have you forgotten who the Jets' DC was then? Why, it was Bill Belichick and the same scheme he used against the Rams in 2001 he would have used in 1999.

The Jets would have won that game.

You guys are horrible. Laughing at season ending injuries. Nice. Wonder if you'd be laughing if it was one of your beloved players not named Gholston. I think not.

If it is true, that's a shame. If it is not true, good for Matt.

As an aside, it's laughable that the MRI results are not available yet. Of course they are. He either has some issues or Pioli is milking this.

Every time Big Ben gets dinged up damn near your entire fanbase applauds.

Everyone lies @ one point or another, it's human nature. I follow ESPN, ESPNNEWS, Schefter & most of the ESPN anchors & writers, none of them have tweeted about Cassel being done for the year. And if they did Im pretty sure the 6 pm edition of Sportscenter would have the breaking NEws ticker or wouldve reported it.So far nothing, the only thing on ESPN.com is about them waiting for results from MRI's etc.

I have only told one lie in my entire lifetime and that was needed to save a gravely ill person so I don't regret it. I will never lie again though, dead serious about that.

I have only told one lie in my entire lifetime and that was needed to save a gravely ill person so I don't regret it. I will never lie again though, dead serious about that.

LOL and you also were to send me a JN fridge magnet...the UPS guy

must have stole it....

Yeah, the big secret and that 10k run were shining nuggets of truth dropped from the anus of the magnificent god Apollo, God of Truth, who is incapable of telling a lie.

We probably would've been blown out of the arena by the Greatest Show on Turf.

Do you EVER say anything positive? Jeebus, your posts are an effin train wreck to read.

Back on topic, sucks if true for both KC and Cassel.

EDIT: Curse Cassel and the lack of the second L in his name

Can someone please change the title? He is NOT out for the season.

This is from 8pm:

Chiefs QB Cassel could miss opener

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 48 minutes ago

Quarterback Matt Cassel(notes) could miss two to four weeks with a strained medial collateral ligament in his right knee, a source within the Kansas City Chiefs organization said.

Cassel, who the Chiefs acquired in a trade with New England this offseason, was hurt Saturday night in an exhibition game against Seattle. The injury is not expected to require surgery because MCL injuries usually heal on their own.

However, the injury means Cassel could miss the Chiefs’ season opener at Baltimore on Sept. 13. If Cassel can’t play, Tyler Thigpen(notes) is expected to start the season. Thigpen, who had been the subject of trade rumors earlier this week, played in 14 games last season when the Chiefs went through injuries at quarterback. He finished the season with 18 touchdown passes, 12 interceptions and a quarterback rating of 76.0.

Cassel also suffered an ankle injury, but that was not considered as serious as the MCL injury.

Yeah, the big secret and that 10k run were shining nuggets of truth dropped from the anus of the magnificent god Apollo, God of Truth, who is incapable of telling a lie.

Now you are either wrong or lying. I never said I was going to run a 10k.

LOL, Garb. What, you have a concussion or something?

The Jets have dealt with QB injuries for nearly 10 years. Get a grip. No one was crying for the Jets when:

1. In 1999 Vinny blew out his achilles

2. In 2002 Vinny went down with an injury.

3. In 2003 Chad broke his wrist

4. In 2004 Chad blew out his shoulder

5. In 2005 Chad blew out his shoulder again. And so did his backup.

6. In 2008 Favre hurt his arm

Exactly ! It's all part of the game.

Every time Big Ben gets dinged up damn near your entire fanbase applauds.

When Chad went down in the 06 playoff game for a brief moment, the entire Gillette stadium erupted into cheers. I would know, I was there.

Then again, you'd have to be a fool not to want to see Big Ben laying down on the ground. ;)

We haven't caught a break in four decades to hell with the Chiefs

Neither have they, honestly.

They won the Super Bowl the year after us and haven't been back since.

They had elite teams in the 90's and choked every year. They are a slightly more successful franchise than the Jets, but, exactly like us, they have attained ZERO success where it matters most for 40 years.

Neither have they, honestly.

They won the Super Bowl the year after us and haven't been back since.

They had elite teams in the 90's and choked every year. They are a slightly more successful franchise than the Jets, but, exactly like us, they have attained ZERO success where it matters most for 40 years.

Exactly more success and a super bowl less than 40 years ago. To hell with them

Archived