We're going to lose to Baltimore.

Bob

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all I'm a new member and first time poster but I have been reading the forums for a while. I'm picking the jets over Baltimore even though Vegas has them at -2.5

GO JETS!!!!!!

welcome to the board bro-no welcome to the BEST Jets board on the web

Hmmm, I think we should take this opportunity to play Devil's Advocate and make the argument(s) for why the Ravens WILL beat us:

1) Even with Baltimore's banged up secondary, Sanchez is going to make plenty of mistakes and turn the ball over.

2) Latching on to the earlier point, The Ravens DL is going to push Slauson and Woody around all day.

3) If "The Terminator"/T-Rich and our other backs don't pick up the blitz effectively it'll be a long day. The Ravens front 7 as a whole is scary.

3) As Bob mentioned, it will take at least 1-2 weeks for Revis to get into game shape.

4) Flacco is ready to develop into a star QB, and this will be an opportunity to show what he can do against the # 1 D. With lots of weapons in the arsenal, he'll take advantage.

5) Ray Rice is going to run circles around our front 7, which simply lacks the speed to dominate.

Hmmm, I think we should take this opportunity to play Devil's Advocate and make the argument(s) for why the Ravens WILL beat us:

1) Even with Baltimore's banged up secondary, Sanchez is going to make plenty of mistakes and turn the ball over.

2) Latching on to the earlier point, The Ravens DL is going to push Slauson and Woody around all day.

3) If "The Terminator"/T-Rich and our other backs don't pick up the blitz effectively it'll be a long day. The Ravens front 7 as a whole is scary.

3) As TX mentioned, it will take at least 1-2 weeks for Revis to get into game shape.

4) Flacco is ready to develop into a star QB, and this will be an opportunity to show what he can do against the # 1 D. With lots of weapons in the arsenal, he'll take advantage.

5) Ray Rice is going to run circles around our front 7, which simply lacks the speed to dominate.

Shhhhh! They don't like reality here!

Mevi$ is out of shape and out of practice. He's gonna get torched.

Just keepin' it real.

And you call ME a ray of sunshine! LOL!

I'm pretty sure Revis will be fine. Sure, he'll be better week four than he is week 1, but he has enough talent, and expereince with the system, that the "getting in shape" phase will be painless. And this is coming from a Pats fan.

I'm sensing misoverestimation on your part.

No sir!

In fact, a more accurate interpretation would be hypo-underestimification as I have ultimate repect for the reverse psyche.

For alternate utilization of the reverse psyche see Garb's post above. She is clearly trying to sabotage Revis with her false praise.

New here also been a fan since the Richard Todd days. My biggest concern is this turns into a violent defensive slug fest and half our team gets hurt. Both Defenses are going to try to intimidate the others offense. I think it was last year when the Ravens Opened with the steelers and it was one of the most physical games I have ever seen.

3) As Bob mentioned, it will take at least 1-2 weeks for Revis to get into game shape.

1) Maybe but he will look real well doing it.

2/ Slauson maybe, but Woody will be in his owners booth sipping cognac and eating ding dongs

3) Revis is 5 pounds overweight and fat people rock, so stfu

4) Flacco will be laying on his back all game staring up at Gholston's jock

5) If Ray Rice runs in circles it will be very easy to catch him. I'm more concerned about him running a straight line right into the endzone. I hope your right about the circles.

I don't know if the Jets are going to lose to Baltimore, or beat them.

Revis will still be Revis Island. He stayed in shape all through the holdout, even though he didn't practice with the team, or play in any preseason games. Darrelle will be OK.

He practiced with Ty Law, he will hold, hit past 5 yards, and be slow.

lol

You guys should lose to Baltimore and then the following week to the Pats. There is actually a excellent chance the jets start off the year 0-3.

No way they blow 2 home games, and NO WAY they lose 3 straight to the Fins... be happy you got 2 somehow.

Archived