I just met Laveranues Coles

JiFtheOracle

Cool story...kinda.

I live in Jacksonville, FL. Where LC was born, he built a mansion down here a couple of years back and this is where he resides when he's not playing ball.

So I'm on my lunch break with my partner and since we are doing a White Elephant gift exchange in the office, we both needed to stop and grab our gifts. We chose Target because its a really great place for one stop shopping. We are walking through the front door, both single dudes and we immediately see this smoking hottie looking at cards. She's got this exotic, half breed type look to her, some type of mixture I cant put my finger on but oh so hot.

As we circle the store figuring out what to buy, I see her again. As I point her out to my co-worker again, LC comes around the corner to greet her. We were literally 10 feet away and walking right by them, so I casually say, "Lavaranues, I'm a die hard Jets fan by birth, you are one of my all time favorite Jets. Whats the deal? Are you going to retire a Jet?"

He wanted nothing do with it and said "I dunno man", turned his back and walked off with hottie. I was like, cool. Merry Christmas.

He wasnt necessarily rude, but you could tell he was over it. I was a little hurt at first and felt like saying..."you know there's a Dillards right up the road"...but figured I'd just bite my tongue and move on.

So, there you have it. I met LC. He was wearing an all green sweatpants/shirt style jump suit with a Jets beanie that just had 87 on the back.

Tried to take a picture but he saw me creeping.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your partner as in significant other... :o

I met LC in Long Island at the old training camp. He let my son sit behind the wheel of his Cadillac Escalade and crank up the tunes. I also tailgated with a hottie who said she was his gf at the Meadowlands. Always a nice guy. Maybe he blew you off cause he thought you were gay. Just sayin...

So Lavia Coles liked you as much as the rest of us. Cool story mo.

Yeah, it was pretty uneventful..but thought I'd share.

Your partner as in significant other... :o

I met LC in Long Island at the old training camp. He let my son sit behind the wheel of his Cadillac Escalade and crank up the tunes. I also tailgated with a hottie who said she was his gf at the Meadowlands. Always a nice guy. Maybe he blew you off cause he thought you were gay. Just sayin...

Partner as in work partner. dick.

Or was he stealing it, like back in the day at Florida St. Did you happen to notice if Peter Warrick was in the store too?

Thats why I was going to tell him there was a Dillards up the road. I was at the game when Warrick game to Gainesville after that incident. There were 40,000 fans with Dillards bags at that game.

Since Klecko is MIA today, are you sure it wasnt him with LC dressed in drag?

Possible, but I didnt say she looked pregnant with Shaq.

J/K

I hate bothering any kind of celebrities in public if I see them. you should have taken a pic though ;)

Me too. I wouldnt have said anything but we were literally side by side and when I saw him I had a wild eyed look on my face.

Jif, sorry to hear he blew you off. That would probably have me feeling crappy the rest of the day.

As for the people comparing their experiences:

- At Camp: LC hopes to make the team. Kids get to hop in car. Makes sense.

- At Target: He's probably a little po'd. Hard to feel sympathy for fans of the employer that bounces you around. Also makes sense.

Cool story...kinda.

I live in Jacksonville, FL. Where LC was born, he built a mansion down here a couple of years back and this is where he resides when he's not playing ball.

So I'm on my lunch break with my partner and since we are doing a White Elephant gift exchange in the office, we both needed to stop and grab our gifts. We chose Target because its a really great place for one stop shopping. We are walking through the front door, both single dudes and we immediately see this smoking hottie looking at cards. She's got this exotic, half breed type look to her, some type of mixture I cant put my finger on but oh so hot.

As we circle the store figuring out what to buy, I see her again. As I point her out to my co-worker again, LC comes around the corner to greet her. We were literally 10 feet away and walking right by them, so I casually say, "Lavaranues, I'm a die hard Jets fan by birth, you are one of my all time favorite Jets. Whats the deal? Are you going to retire a Jet?"

He wanted nothing do with it and said "I dunno man", turned his back and walked off with hottie. I was like, cool. Merry Christmas.

He wasnt necessarily rude, but you could tell he was over it. I was a little hurt at first and felt like saying..."you know there's a Dillards right up the road"...but figured I'd just bite my tongue and move on.

So, there you have it. I met LC. He was wearing an all green sweatpants/shirt style jump suit with a Jets beanie that just had 87 on the back.

raysnuggie.jpg

Cool story...kinda.

Facepalm. I never pegged you as annoying fan JiF.

Cool story...kinda.

half breed??? LOLZ

Cool story...kinda.

Obviously he could tell his girl wanted you and thought it best to move on. Your a victim of your own machismo.

Dude I was shoulder to shoulder with him or I wouldnt have bothered him.

I was just kidding sorta. Always a bad idea though, especially if you're over 16. You even went one step further and asked him a question which, if you just said hey, I've always been a big fan nice to meet you, it's one thing but it sounded as if you expected reciprocal conversation.

Obviously he could tell his girl wanted you and thought it best to move on. Your a victim of your own machismo.

crusher ftw...

and lol at "whats the deal", what kind of douchenozzle says that to someone they don't know

Archived