Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mehta: Jets brass souring on Stephen Hill--possible trade bait

87 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

via Rotoworld

According to the NY Daily News, the Jets' front office is "skeptical" third-year WR Stephen Hill can become a "reliable piece to the puzzle."

Hill wasn't drafted by current GM John Idzik, and has been the NFL's least efficient receiver over the past two seasons despite freakish size and speed. The Jets are also going to cut Santonio Holmes. Under OC Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets are running a West Coast offense for which Hill's skill set is arguably ill suited. It's possible he'll be placed on the trade block closer to the draft.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Posted · Report post

It's possible he'll be placed on the trade block closer to the draft.

tPjk1J1.gif?1

Posted · Report post

The Jets have spent two high picks on out of the league bad players over the last 5 years. The second Hill stepped on the field you could tell this wasn't going to be good.

Posted (edited) · Report post

"NFL's least efficient WR over the past two years" - its not that surprising but is this fact? 

Who is going to trade for the league's least efficient wide receiver?

Edited by JiF

Posted · Report post

"NFL's least efficient WR over the past two years" - its not that surprising but is this fact? 

Raiders.

Posted · Report post

"NFL's least efficient WR over the past two years" - its not that surprising but is this fact?

The mr irrelevant pick.

Posted · Report post

Interesting news. Mehta has a superb track record, so no reason to doubt it. jkjk

Posted · Report post

Interesting news. Mehta has a superb track record, so no reason to doubt it. jkjk

I believe we want to move on but idzik and rex are smart enough to know he's untradeable

Posted · Report post

I could teach him how to catch. OPEN YOUR ******* EYES a$$hole.

Posted · Report post

Stephen Hill could pose some sort of value to the right team.

Say, to an air-it-out sort of offense that features Josh Gordon.  

Perhaps we can bust one of those Jenkins/Baldwin swaps, try our hand at Greg Little.  I'd even consider some draft-day mobility (move up in a round) for Quentin Coples or Kendrick Ellis. 

Posted · Report post

The Jets have spent two high picks on out of the league bad players over the last 5 years. The second Hill stepped on the field you could tell this wasn't going to be good.

And to think that Tanny moved up in the draft to get this dude. What did he even see in Hill? Im telling you, it was more about D. Thomas and Megatron than it was about Hill himself. 

Posted · Report post

LOL."The second Hill stepped on the field"? The stat-line from his first game was 5 receptions for 89 yards and 2 TD's.

Posted · Report post

A.J. Jenkins was taken 30th overall in 2012 draft by the 49ers traded to the Chiefs in exchange for Jonathan Baldwin before 2013 season:

2012 - 0 receptions for 0 yards.

2013 - 8 receptions for 130 yards.

Brian Quick was taken 33rd in 2012 draft by the Rams:

2012 - 18 receptions for 302 yards.

2013 - 11 receptions for 156 yards.

Stephen Hill taken 43rd 2012 draft:

2012 - 24 receptions for 342 yards.

2013 - 21 receptions for 252 yards.

Not that he's been good (has had some moments) or will even remain with the team this season but others have had worse swings and misses on higher picked receivers that year.  

Posted · Report post

The bidding starts at a $15 gift card to Perkins, but we need to be prepared to go to $10.

Posted · Report post

Actually, Hill had 5 receptions for 89 yards and 2 TDs in his debut. and he peaked out...

Posted · Report post

And to think that Tanny moved up in the draft to get this dude. What did he even see in Hill? Im telling you, it was more about D. Thomas and Megatron than it was about Hill himself.

He said a way to get out of this organization

Posted · Report post

The bidding starts at a $15 gift card to Perkins, but we need to be prepared to go to $10.

We're gaining no progress, starting at 5 now & laters.

Posted · Report post

LOL."The second Hill stepped on the field"? The stat-line from his first game was 5 receptions for 89 yards and 2 TD's.

Lol not only that but it was one of the prettiest corner of the end zone catches I've seen in years ...not the best support for the argument

Posted · Report post

Anyway, this is shocking. Another Tanny pick soon to be filing for unemployment. Just when the unemployment number was creeping down to 6.5. Thanks Tanny

Posted · Report post

I remember when we drafted him they said at Georgia Tech he didn't "run a route tree".  My initial thought was that this was going to be a serious project and that his first 2 years would probably be learning years. I remember thinking all along that the next team to get him will be the smart ones because he'll already have had his on-the-job training with us and the next team could sign him on the cheap and lose very little if he didn't work out for them.  Meanwhile he cost us a 2nd rounder plus a roster spot for several years.

Posted · Report post

I'd actually keep him this year, he's on a Rookie contract and not costing a fortune. What will you get for him a 7th if your very lucky?

He's a Vernon Gholston, all the gear but no idea.

Posted · Report post

I'd actually keep him this year, he's on a Rookie contract and not costing a fortune. What will you get for him a 7th if your very lucky?

He's a Vernon Gholston, all the gear but no idea.

He costs too much as a second round bust under the old CBA I would think but don't know the numbers

Posted · Report post

I was wrong on this one. .he looked like a beast on field when I saw him live,, but mainly pregame etc..

Posted · Report post

Ok fine we'll settle for your 3rd round pick.

Posted · Report post

This is great news. If they want to put together a package to move up in the draft, now they have eeven more ammo, so they can use picks and Hill and move up. Idzik is showing great promise.