We Want Marcus Mariota!!!!

GangGreenDover

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

regardless....Idzik should not be allowed to pick the next QB.   

Since Big John took over there have been 2 drafts with 27 QB's selected.    Idziks 2 picks were Geno Smith and Taj Boyd.

I think that is something everyone can agree on.

Jamarcus never played this well at this young of an age. Also, when the Texas Rangers drafted him he went to their baseball camp and they loved him. Loved his work ethic and are hopeful he chooses baseball instead of football. That alone tells me he is different than Russell. Don't judge him because he is dumb. He is still only 20. and Big Ben is not that smart either.

That's just the kind of reassuring statement that makes me want to bet the ranch on this kid and hand him the keys to the franchise.

A dumb, rapist who steals seafood - yeah, nothing can possibly go wrong with this guy in the NY media market!  :suicide:

regardless....Idzik should not be allowed to pick the next QB.   

Since Big John took over there have been 2 drafts with 27 QB's selected.    Idziks 2 picks were Geno Smith and Taj Boyd.  

Rex, Idzik, Bradway, and Bauer should all be fired after the PITT game during the bye week.

That's just the kind of reassuring statement that makes me want to bet the ranch on this kid and hand him the keys to the franchise.

A dumb, rapist who steals seafood - yeah, nothing can possibly go wrong with this guy in the NY media market!  :suicide:

Well it's just my opinion. But if a player has already been through a camp with a pro franchise I feel a little better about him. Lots of people do these things or get accused of doing these things in their 20s and turn out fine.

Kid's a winner, we could do much worse..........

One of his best skills... somehow comes out on top almost every time. The jets could use some luck. But I still don't want him. But I agree about what you said earlier in this thread about him being the best now that Cook might wait a year, even jameis might wait too. he's said that he wants to get an education.

Mariota is far from a sure thing. He spends a lot of his time in shot gun just like Geno did in WVU. Mariota has a better character and seems to have the capable accuracy but if we don't fire our QB coach he will be taught backwards how to play under center and it will completely stunt his growth. Example.. Geno. Not that Geno had the play making ability Mariota has but that's neither here nor there. Mariota plays in a spread high octane offense.. even with a make over to the offense this upcoming off season the WCO I could imagine will be hard to translate smoothly. I don't know.. that's just how I see it for... i say we draft a QB later then the 1st round and strictly worry about other offensive skill positions. We can address defense through FA. Maybe even get a Vet QB to battle our rookie. It could play out a lot of ways... I don't see our future as dark as some. We are in deep sh*t right now though.

I do not watch a lot of college.  I saw him play a little the other night.  He runs real nice.  What about arm strength, though?  Did not look like he had a lot of it from what I saw.  Admittedly small sample.

The simple fact that you don't like him only furthers my belief that he's going to be good.

makes a lot of sense BJ12 what a brilliant freaking argument you make ....

My argument for years has been the lack of talent here that ruins promising QB's but to some extent that can be disputed in the case of guys like Geno Smith and Pennington (who just lost all physical ability late in his career).... In the case of Geno Smith I never thought he would be good no matter how much talent he had around him. Why ? because he's dumb. 

If you bother to take notice, all the great QB's in this league are smart, well spoken, and put in a ton of video work to be at the top of their game. When I hear teams are not really happy with their signal caller that's usually a good indicator they simply don't put in the work they should. You will never see a Manning, Brady, Brees, Wilson,  get accused of not putting in the time and the result is obvious you also see them very capable of doing an interview without looking like total idiots ...Why ? because they have brains. Any QB that is capable of getting to the NFL level  more than likely has the physical talent, the big question is do they have the mental ability and toughness to pull it off. In the case of a guy like Vick he's surely not the brightest blub in the box but his amazing running talent got him out of so many jams  over the years it put up the smoke screen he was a good QB when he NEVER really was one. The guy and 1 maybe 2 good passing years in his career and you could make the argument his running ability had a direct effect on that.

That being said .... I'll make my point

Mariota may not be the right guy but I'm 100% sure Winston will fail in this league because at this stage in his life he should be fully focused on the QB position not only to win but to make him boat loads of cash and from what I have seen he's anything but focused and he's relying purely on talent to get him by in the college game....That never translates to the pro game, ever. So if your hoping he changes and matures that's a pretty high risk to take because they usually never to that either. He's dumb just like Geno Smith.

Johnny Manziel is a smart kid but he does some stupid things ....this may hurt his career but at least when you hear him talk hes capable and smart. Question is will he or does he put in the time in the film room  > I guess we'll find out when he gets his shot

My argument for years has been the lack of talent here that ruins promising QB's but to some extent that can be disputed in the case of guys like Geno Smith and Pennington (who just lost all physical ability late in his career).... In the case of Geno Smith I never thought he would be good no matter how much talent he had around him. Why ? because he's dumb.

If you bother to take notice, all the great QB's in this league are smart, well spoken, and put in a ton of video work to be at the top of their game. When I hear teams are not really happy with their signal caller that's usually a good indicator they simply don't put in the work they should. You will never see a Manning, Brady, Brees, Wilson, get accused of not putting in the time and the result is obvious you also see them very capable of doing an interview without looking like total idiots ...Why ? because they have brains. Any QB that is capable of getting to the NFL level more than likely has the physical talent, the big question is do they have the mental ability and toughness to pull it off. In the case of a guy like Vick he's surely not the brightest blub in the box but his amazing running talent got him out of so many jams over the years it put up the smoke screen he was a good QB when he NEVER really was one. The guy and 1 maybe 2 good passing years in his career and you could make the argument his running ability had a direct effect on that.

Mariota may not be the right guy but I'm 100% sure Winston will fail in this league because at this stage in his life he should be fully focused on the QB position not only to win but to make him boat loads of cash and from what I have seen he's anything but focused and he's relying purely on talent to get him by in the college game....That never translates to the pro game, ever. So if your hoping he changes and matures that's a pretty high risk to take because they usually never to that either. He's dumb just like Geno Smith.

Johnny Manziel is a smart kid but he does some stupid things ....this may hurt his career but at least when you hear him talk hes capable and smart. Question is will he or does he put in the time in the film room > I guess we'll find out when he gets his shot

I too think Geno is dumb. I heard constantly that he puts in a lot of time in the film room, that doesn't mean that he's making sense of any of it though. Also he always was a shotgun quarteback in a split formation and now he's running a professional offense under center and that's our fault not his for asking the kid to adapt in his rookie year( although sanchez being hurt may have accelerated the necessary learning phase).

Regardless you are right and you cannot teach IQ and I don't think Geno will be starting anymore games this year.

That shoulder injury classification was funny. He looked pretty similar to day one of Radio City two years ago for a busted shoulder. I'd love to see someone photoshop the caption yesterday from the game to say pride instead.

Mariota probably has better weapons in college than he would on the Jets next year

Yeah, that oline that got him sacked 8 times is such a weapon right?

That team lives and dies with Mariota. You think Oregon would be where their at right now without Mariota? What about FSU? Seems people forgot about how FSU beat Clemson with a 2nd string qb.

That team lives and dies with Mariota. You think Oregon would be where their at right now without Mariota? What about FSU? Seems people forgot about how FSU beat Clemson with a 2nd string qb.

you are actually sticking up for the Jets offense??

My argument for years has been the lack of talent here that ruins promising QB's but to some extent that can be disputed in the case of guys like Geno Smith and Pennington (who just lost all physical ability late in his career).... In the case of Geno Smith I never thought he would be good no matter how much talent he had around him. Why ? because he's dumb.

If you bother to take notice, all the great QB's in this league are smart, well spoken, and put in a ton of video work to be at the top of their game. When I hear teams are not really happy with their signal caller that's usually a good indicator they simply don't put in the work they should. You will never see a Manning, Brady, Brees, Wilson, get accused of not putting in the time and the result is obvious you also see them very capable of doing an interview without looking like total idiots ...Why ? because they have brains. Any QB that is capable of getting to the NFL level more than likely has the physical talent, the big question is do they have the mental ability and toughness to pull it off. In the case of a guy like Vick he's surely not the brightest blub in the box but his amazing running talent got him out of so many jams over the years it put up the smoke screen he was a good QB when he NEVER really was one. The guy and 1 maybe 2 good passing years in his career and you could make the argument his running ability had a direct effect on that.

Johnny Manziel is a smart kid but he does some stupid things ....this may hurt his career but at least when you hear him talk hes capable and smart. Question is will he or does he put in the time in the film room > I guess we'll find out when he gets his shot

I've made many points, you jut chose to ignore them. I have more experience watching QBs run Fischer's offense than anyone on this board and yet when I say that Winston has a stronger grasp on it than anyone I can remember in a decade, it gets glossed over. Christian Ponder, smart kid for all intents and purposes, couldn't handle 75% of what Jameis is doing right now.

My opinion is unbiased as it gets: I hate FSU and really don't care for Winston as a person, but I can recognize how talented he is. I'm willing to tiptoe the ethical grayline if it gets us a winning QB, same way as I hate Big Ben, but would

Love for him to run our offense.

When games are close, Mariota is average, whereas Winston is at his best.

When games are close, Mariota is average, whereas Winston is at his best.

The guy who threw three interceptions in the first half and sh*ts his pants when pressure gets in his face? Not to mention how he gets bailed out by his wrs.

And the difference between Mariota and Winston is, when Mariota is struggling his team isn't their to bail his ass out.

The guy who threw three interceptions in the first half and sh*ts his pants when pressure gets in his face? Not to mention how he gets bailed out by his wrs.

And the difference between Mariota and Winston is, when Mariota is struggling his team isn't their to bail his ass out.

I take it you didn't want Mariota and Oregon play at all last year did you? Just hopping on that bandwagon now?  Yea and what happened when FSU couldn't correct for that A-gap pressure in both games? Winston hung in there and was nearly flawless in both. Don't forget that Louisville came in ranked as the #1 defense in the entire country, allowing only 270 combined yards and FSU hung 550+ on them.  

You're right, FSU has been undefeated the last two years in spite of their mediocre QB play, because that's the more likely scenario than Jameis being one of the best QB prospects we've seen since Luck. Totally reasonable. 

I take it you didn't want Mariota and Oregon play at all last year did you? Just hopping on that bandwagon now?  Yea and what happened when FSU couldn't correct for that A-gap pressure in both games? Winston hung in there and was nearly flawless in both. Don't forget that Louisville came in ranked as the #1 defense in the entire country, allowing only 270 combined yards and FSU hung 550+ on them.  

You're right, FSU has been undefeated the last two years in spite of their mediocre QB play, because that's the more likely scenario than Jameis being one of the best QB prospects we've seen since Luck. Totally reasonable. 

Nope, my favorite Mariota game happened to come in a loss. The game where he played against Stanford with a sprained MCL and lead a pretty strong comeback against them that fell short. It was an impressive game to say the least and speaks to me of his toughness.

And Louisville? Are you sh*tting me? Who the hell did they play before FSU? Clemson, get the hell out of here with that bullsh*t. And considering most draft analysis's are touting Mariota over Winston, I have no idea where the hell you pulled out that Luck comparison because they are nothing alike at all.

I've made many points, you jut chose to ignore them. I have more experience watching QBs run Fischer's offense than anyone on this board and yet when I say that Winston has a stronger grasp on it than anyone I can remember in a decade, it gets glossed over. Christian Ponder, smart kid for all intents and purposes, couldn't handle 75% of what Jameis is doing right now.

My opinion is unbiased as it gets: I hate FSU and really don't care for Winston as a person, but I can recognize how talented he is. I'm willing to tiptoe the ethical grayline if it gets us a winning QB, same way as I hate Big Ben, but would

Love for him to run our offense.

I would prefer Big Ben over Winston, myself.

The Fat Man on F-A-N is speculating that Chip Kelly and the Eagles want to trade up for Mariota...

Eagles will be drafting near the bottom of the 1st, they'll need to give up a king's ransom for him. If we don't end up with the #1 by virtue of our record, then we can still easily outbid Philly if need be.

Nope, my favorite Mariota game happened to come in a loss. The game where he played against Stanford with a sprained MCL and lead a pretty strong comeback against them that fell short. It was an impressive game to say the least and speaks to me of his toughness.

And Louisville? Are you sh*tting me? Who the hell did they play before FSU? Clemson, get the hell out of here with that bullsh*t. And considering most draft analysis's are touting Mariota over Winston, I have no idea where the hell you pulled out that Luck comparison because they are nothing alike at all.

You didn't watch that game did you? Mariota was inaccurate and rattled by pressure all night long, part of the reason they fell down so early is he couldn't get the offense going and coughed the ball up early. You credit him for a failed come back, but then dismiss Winston's second half vs Auburn and ND? Mariota was playing to keep their title shot alive and they couldn't do it. 

Listen, both are great prospects, but you need to be picky when comparing the best and since they don't play in the best divisions, last year we saw both QBs face only a couple of tight games. Mariota got injured against Stanford, but looked lost even before then, same the year prior. He just couldn't get that offense moving. Against Arizona he never got the team back in the game in a blowout loss. With Winston it is the opposite. He started slow against Boston College falling down 17-3, and by halftime they had the lead after an incredible play by Winston to break numerous tackles and find his WR one on one downfield for a long TD pass. Then  the same thing against Auburn: he lead his team from 21-3 down to win a national title.  To me, these are also remarkably fair comparisons, Boston College and Arizona were bowl opponents, and Stanford and Auburn top 10 teams. Winston is the it factor. I like Mariota as well,  but Jameis can play, he's a rare talent.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Archived