Surprised to hear quotes from Jets players and Bowles

AFJF

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the point I just heard being made on ESPN radio...no way this happens in a locker room where a QB is a respected leader, it just doesn't happen.  IK obvioulsy felt like this was an okay thing to do and I'm not hearing the backlash I expected to out of the locker room.

I don't think that necessarily means that IK thought it was an okay thing to do. The guy seemingly has rage control issues, and when someone like that is in a moment of rage, they don't think, they just act. The consequence, or whether something is right, doesn't matter. With that being said, I too, am surprised that there isn't more outrage from the players. So perhaps there is an unfavorable view of Geno in the locker room.

I don't think that necessarily means that IK thought it was an okay thing to do. The guy seemingly has rage control issues, and when someone like that is in a moment of rage, they don't think, they just act. The consequence, or whether something is right, doesn't matter. With that being said, I too, am surprised that there isn't more outrage from the players. So perhaps there is an unfavorable view of Geno in the locker room.

This was the key part of it...head coach and star players saying they blame both equally?  Didn't expect that at all.

What the hell is a stroke?  Honest question I've never seen the word used that way lol

It's probably a midwestern term - 

Urban Dictionary lists it as:

the action of placing your index finger and thumb around the penis about halfway along the shaft and moving the skin up and down to produce a pleasureable sensation leading ultimately to orgasm & ejaculation
Pretty dead on in describing my feelings of Geno Smith.
An east coast synonym would probably be "jerk-off"  - that works too.

It's probably a midwestern term - 

Urban Dictionary lists it as:

stroke

the action of placing your index finger and thumb around the penis about halfway along the shaft and moving the skin up and down to produce a pleasureable sensation leading ultimately to orgasm & ejaculation

Pretty dead on in describing my feelings of Geno Smith.

An east coast synonym would probably be "jerk-off"  - that works too.

Billy Squire could teach us about it!

This was the key part of it...head coach and star players saying they blame both equally?  Didn't expect that at all.

Yeah, that's what stumps me. It almost seems as if the general consensus is: "IK is a hot-head and was totally out of line, but..."

It's the "but" part that I don't like. And just when I was hearing that Geno seemed to have a good command over the huddle this training camp. I almost thought that he could be a leader. Shame on me, I guess.

Well were learning some new terms here tonite folks. Stroke, Douche. Although Douche we had back in the day his real name was bruce coslett. I like the way Bowles just was like what are you gonna do? Makes Me believe He was not that upset to lose Geno. I am debating buying a Jersey with this kids name on it. He might have done more for this team than Geno might ever have.

'

I listened to Bowles press conference and he sounds as calm as a fan he is not panicking at all.  He sounds like a very good HC.  I am amazed that folks somehow are making this an issue about Bowles.

He can do the job we have to give this man a chance.  And despite what people think out here Bowles is not playing he said he doesn't care who you are and I believe him.

I don't think HC's have as much control over adult males who attack other adult males for a living...but I know, it's all on the HC when somebody misbehaves because it's easy to oversee and dictate the actions of 53 wealthy young men who have rarely heard the word "no" in their lives.  This isn't on Bowles at all.

I don't think HC's have as much control over adult males who attack other adult males for a living...but I know, it's all on the HC when somebody misbehaves because it's easy to oversee and dictate the actions of 53 wealthy young men who have rarely heard the word "no" in their lives.  This isn't on Bowles at all.

Preseason it's 90.

The quotes pretty much confirm my feelings on Geno, in no way did he deserve what happened to him in any way shape or form, it sucks, BUT, he is not seen as a leader in that locker room by anyone. Geno has the physical skills to play QB in the NFL, but to date he has not shown he has the mental ability, nor leadership ability to be a starting NFL QB.

The quotes pretty much confirm my feelings on Geno, in no way did he deserve what happened to him in any way shape or form, it sucks, BUT, he is not seen as a leader in that locker room by anyone. Geno has the physical skills to play QB in the NFL, but to date he has not shown he has the mental ability, nor leadership ability to be a starting NFL QB.

Agreed. When I first heard the story my instinct was to blame IK totally but after hearing more it is clear that Geno has shown, once again, that he is not a leader nor is he smart enough to lead an NFL team. If you owe a man money, just pay your debt. Even if you don't think you owe the man the money, just pay the dude 600 dollars and be done with it. Now your season/career may be over. 

IK +Geno= Morons

Imagine IK signs for the Pats or Bills, then lines up against us. If Geno comes back. Think the game may turn nasty.

I'm shocked that Belicheat hasn't signed IK yet.  What a great "Fck You" that would be from him to the Jets.

This is the point I just heard being made on ESPN radio...no way this happens in a locker room where a QB is a respected leader, it just doesn't happen. 

it goes both ways a respected leader doesn't owe the defense money and disrespect people by putting their finger in people's faces 

I'm shocked that Belicheat hasn't signed IK yet.  What a great "Fck You" that would be from him to the Jets.

Hasn't even been 24 hours - all Beli's DD isn't completed yet.

Watch the wire today. 

I agree but if it had happened under Rex it would have been.. :winking0001:

If he had overseen Sheldon's drag racing while high with a kid in the car at 143 MPH followed by the QB getting knocked out, it would be relentless.  But it's not, so this time it's on the players.  It's up to them to act like professionals.

If, as it appears, Geno is still immature enough to not have veteran support in this situation, it's probably just as well this happened so the Jets can begin the process of moving on from him rather than waiting another season.  Guy might have lots of raw talent but if he can't command respect and lead the team, what's the point?  He'll just be another in a long line of arm-talented head-cases that suck the life out of a team for 3-4 years before the pattern is clear enough to move on from them.

He might need to get cut and sign on as a backup somewhere to 'figure it out' and may eventually be a decent QB somewhere in the league, but I would be stunned if he came back this season and took snaps under center barring injuries to the guys ahead of him.

it goes both ways a respected leader doesn't owe the defense money and disrespect people by putting their finger in people's faces 

If Geno wants to gain respect in that locker room, he should pay IK and then talk to Bowles & MacDaddy and see about getting IK back on the team. Say it was all your fault for putting IK in that position and how he would hate to see a young man's career ruined by something that Geno could have diffused. That would go a long way in getting the vets on your side and enable the Jets to keep a promising young player.

IK wouldn't have been cut. Nobody would have been punished at all. The narrative would have been that Rex told him to fight with him to see if it lights a fire under his ass... and/or Rex hates QBs, he'd rather not have one at all.

If Geno wants to gain respect in that locker room, he should pay IK and then talk to Bowles & MacDaddy and see about getting IK back on the team. Say it was all your fault for putting IK in that position and how he would hate to see a young man's career ruined by something that Geno could have diffused. That would go a long way in getting the vets on your side and enable the Jets to keep a promising young player.

Now that ... is a great idea.

I'm thinking it has a very low probability of happening because Geno is who he is.

That would be equally retarded. IK has no business on an NFL roster. This isn't a good guy, this is a guy that allegedly assaulted a police officer a couple of years back and had to be pepper sprayed. Now he does this. Inexcusable.

Geno may be a moron but he didn't deserve to get his jaw broken and doesn't owe IK a thing. And if Bowles/Mccag allow IK back on the team they are  morons as well. The next person IK will attack is a girlfriend/wife/waitress. Let some other team deal with it.  

That would be equally retarded. IK has no business on an NFL roster. This isn't a good guy, this is a guy that allegedly assaulted a police officer a couple of years back and had to be pepper sprayed. Now he does this. Inexcusable.

Geno may be a moron but he didn't deserve to get his jaw broken and doesn't owe IK a thing. And if Bowles/Mccag allow IK back on the team they are  morons as well. The next person IK will attack is a girlfriend/wife/waitress. Let some other team deal with it.  

I disagree. He's lost it a couple of times and is still young. He can and will recover from this. He'll sign on with someone.

stop with the sheltered human thing. if things went down the way they are saying, geno got what he deserved. end of story

Archived