What to do with Calvin Pryor?

On a side looks like Jermey Kerley has become a after thought for the New jets Coaching staff ..

I'm am more than fine with that he is probably most overrated player we have ., short , slow , doesn't get good separation yet a lot of people acted like he was something special .

We simply have better talent at WR now. Back in the day he was our best WR by far when we were wasting time with the Chaz Schilenses and Stephen Hills

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still hopeful that he can develop, he was put in a lousy position last season and essentially is playing SS now at an NFL level for the first time. I will still give the kid a chance and if he cant hack it then he still has trade value we should be able to get a minimum of a high fourth for the kid from someone who wants to take a swing on him.

I am still hopeful that he can develop, he was put in a lousy position last season and essentially is playing SS now at an NFL level for the first time. I will still give the kid a chance and if he cant hack it then he still has trade value we should be able to get a minimum of a high fourth for the kid from someone who wants to take a swing on him.

Wow. Just wow. What in hell would make you think a team would give up a 4th or better for a backup safety who can't cover or tackle?

Calvin Pryor isn't worth a single sheet of used toilet paper.

even if that were 100% true do you honestly think no team would make an offer on him if we put him on the trade block?

No chance in hell. A safety who can't cover or tackle.... If you were a GM, would you trade anything of even a little value for him?

Sick and tired of giving guys time to develop when they are obviously atrocious football players from the first time you ever lay eyes on them. Anyone with eyeballs could tell you that guys like gholston, Wilson, milliner and Pryor were straight garbage right out of the gate.

No chance in hell. A safety who can't cover or tackle.... If you were a GM, would you trade anything of even a little value for him?

If I thought he could play like a 1st 2nd or 3rd round pick under a different system and with the right coaching I would offer a 4th yeah.

Sick and tired of giving guys time to develop when they are obviously atrocious football players from the first time you ever lay eyes on them. Anyone with eyeballs could tell you that guys like gholston, Wilson, milliner and Pryor were straight garbage right out of the gate.

Milliner has the talent just not the ability to remain uninjured.

My point is I think it's very easy to spot the painfully atrocious football player ON DAY 1. These guys will never be good ever. I've never seen a brutal player turn into a star or even a solid starter. Their ceiling is always a rotational guy, a weak link, a bad contract. Calvin Pryor is undoubtedly one of those guys.

This is a test for T/Bowles. If it was still wrecks than you could be sure he would coddle Pryor and give him glowing reviews. I expect TB and his staff to get in his face and tell him to wake the F up or ride the bench. I'll be looking for improvement next weekend or at least changes. I would have loved to be in the film room today when they reviewed the game. Awful Job D.

My point is I think it's very easy to spot the painfully atrocious football player ON DAY 1. These guys will never be good ever. I've never seen a brutal player turn into a star or even a solid starter. Their ceiling is always a rotational guy, a weak link, a bad contract. Calvin Pryor is undoubtedly one of those guys.

Basically agree ... But occasionally there is exceptions (I guess that's why teams will give their high draft picks a million chances) ... Think Vinny T was horrible his first couple of years

I don't like being negative....but I hate Pryor. I hate all of the Idzik picks. Hated them the day that they were drafted. We have to get these guys off of the team. And we have to get revenge on Idzik. Someday, somehow, he has to be punished for what he did to our franchise.

Pryor is funny. He actually told me to wait until this year started before I talk sh*t. He later proceeded by telling me to "get the **** outta here."

Horrible player. One of the worst players on the team. There's nothing he does that's good.

Wow. Just wow. What in hell would make you think a team would give up a 4th or better for a backup safety who can't cover or tackle?

Calvin Pryor isn't worth a single sheet of used toilet paper.

One word : Rex

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

so he didnt want to **** him?

Don't be a twit. Amaro has never been in great shape. The 1st time I saw a picture of this guy in shorts & Tshirt I'm like he needs to get in the weight room.

So what he's big, means sh*t in the NFL if you don't put the work in. Gailey had him practicing with the 3rd team if that doesn't tell you how they feel about his work ethic that I don't know what to tell you.

How about we let the preseason run its course before rushing to judgement.  Pryor looked horrible but it could've just been a bad game.

Tell me when he has played a good game. I haven't seen ONE game where I said, "Well maybe he will work out." because he sucks. Doesn't have the want to to tackle anyone and is happy to just hang around. I would not be against simply cutting him.

I don't like being negative....but I hate Pryor. I hate all of the Idzik picks. Hated them the day that they were drafted. We have to get these guys off of the team. And we have to get revenge on Idzik. Someday, somehow, he has to be punished for what he did to our franchise.

Idzik is in NFL purgatory in Jacksonville counting beans. He will never, ever, ever make another personnel move in his life, which is what he deserves.

Don't be a twit. Amaro has never been in great shape. The 1st time I saw a picture of this guy in shorts & Tshirt I'm like he needs to get in the weight room.

So what he's big, means sh*t in the NFL if you don't put the work in. Gailey had him practicing with the 3rd team if that doesn't tell you how they feel about his work ethic that I don't know what to tell you.

Lol. It was a joke. You ever see tom brady's physique?

Lol. It was a joke. You ever see tom brady's physique?

Actually Tom Brady is in tremendous shape & has completely transformed himself since his predraft days.

I think Rex was really lax on the "getting guys in shape" front.

Bowles won't stand for it.

The thing Bowles has on his side with Fitzy is he could get off to a good start & force all of these guys to either get on board or watch from the bench.

Archived