What to do with Calvin Pryor?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to work that out as well, considering they don't seem to show favoritism towards anyone, why would they towards Pyror? Maybe it has something to do with scheme and getting players lined up, because it certainly doesn't seem to be based on play alone. 

Considering the head coach played safety for 8 years including a Super Bowl you have to figure they are seeing the problem here.

How many tackles can one player miss in a game? He is f-ing horrible!! Could we get a draft pick from Rex for him?

I'd take a couple of used footballs to get rid of him. Ugh.

It's Bart Scott all over again. If he can't tackle, bench him. Period.

Jarrett and Gihlcrest are fine as a pair back there.

Too bad Allen is injured, he was better than Pryor IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

him and dee suck something awful-those that cheered their picks and even worse the gms plan should revoke their fandom

Dee does not suck; he has just been injury prone but at least he can play when he is on the field.  Pryor has shown NOTHING to indicate he can even be a decent back up. If he wasn't a 1st round pick him would get cut in next round of cuts.  He still might. 

It's hard not to laugh when people who didn't know that Pryor was inactive for the Atlanta game comment on how badly he looked and how many tackles he missed.  

Thats true, lol. Unfortunately when he did play (against the Giants) he continued to miss tackles and take bad angles. 

Dee does not suck; he has just been injury prone but at least he can play when he is on the field.  Pryor has shown NOTHING to indicate he can even be a decent back up. If he wasn't a 1st round pick him would get cut in next round of cuts.  He still might. 

New GM, new coach; if he doesn't 'earn' a spot, they will let him go; no question in my mind.  Mac gets a pass on Idzik's draft (as long as the player doesn't perform).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was a little surprised they didn't review it, ball seemed to move around as Smith hit the ground.

But hopefully it gives him confidence, and gives Fitz confidence in him too.

Once he established control in the endzone I don't think it matters if the ball hits the ground he could have just dropped it.

I laugh at all those people that said Pyror was a bust. He was our best player on Defense today. The defense plays completely different with this kid in the game at 100pct. Hoping those same SOJFs will eat their words with Devin Smith. 

He is finally playing his position, doesn't have a dope coaching him (well not that big of a dope), and Gilchrist can play. He had to get better. And Smith caught two balls, lets settle down.

Archived