It's Fun To Be A Jets Fan Again!!!

SoFlaJets

Unless Bowles is interested in writing a thesis on how to immediately lose a locker room, Geno won't sniff the field this year. If Fitz goes down and Jets are deep in playoff hunt team more likely to bring back Matt Flynn than start Geno the human pick-6.

I am sorry I didn't mean to phrase my statement as something that was up for debate. I was just telling everyone what would happen. Stuff happens, injuries happen. Geno will get another shot.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.  We'll catch hell and I'm not pissing on this great win but Fitzpatrick has a definite ceiling and he's fairly limited IMO.

But frankly, it is such a relief just to have adequate QB play.

I was kidding around with the other post. But Fitz definitely has a ceiling. I agree with what you wrote though. With this defense just don't make mistakes Fitzy and life will be good.

not sure what your point is....should I say that Fitzmagic is aaron rodgers light?      the dude brings a calming influence to the offense but he can't win a game on his own.   marshall is a total beast, ivory runs like there's no tomorrow, the OL keeps the QB upright, and I totally love todd bowles..   

it doesn't change the fact that fitz isn't a super bowl QB and this will likely be petty's team next year.    you disagree?   

there's a whole of room between not trusting a QB and A Rodgers

Unless Bowles is interested in writing a thesis on how to immediately lose a locker room, Geno won't sniff the field this year. If Fitz goes down and Jets are deep in playoff hunt team more likely to bring back Matt Flynn than start Geno the human pick-6.

Except that by all accounts Bowles was planning to start Smith this year.  It seems like either (A) Bowles was lying / the reports were wrong, (B) Bowles is an idiot, or (C) Bowles has a much higher opinion of Smith than you do...

Personally, I think Fitz is exactly what the team needs, but it's not clear that Bowles agrees...

Agreed.  We'll catch hell and I'm not pissing on this great win but Fitzpatrick has a definite ceiling and he's fairly limited IMO.

But frankly, it is such a relief just to have adequate QB play.

this fitz is limited seems to be the company line around here. I don't see it. Looks like he can make all the throws to me. Exactly how is he limited?

just curious, you know that Geno on the field will lose the locker how?  Other than you don't want him on the field what exactly lets you make that guess into fact?  

And there isn't a chance in hell they bring Flynn back to start over Geno if Fitz went down.  

After almost being driven away from pro football altogether with the weirdo HC we had and the worst QB in the game as our starter to a team that is getting the breaks like I haven't seen them get in 17 years since the 98 season and competent smart QB play that we haven't seen since then too. You can actually sit down and watch a Jets game without waiting for the stupid to happen the improbable tipped pass that gets caught by the defense the fumble that Gore made tonight that the Jets usually make. I'm telling you this team could be the one we've been waiting for.

I havent seen the game yet, but I woke up this morning and seen that we won and looked at the highlights. This team looks like a playoff team. The defense is stout on the front end and swarm on the back end and the offense is well balanced, which is f'ing feat when talking about the Jets because we seem to always have issues throwing the ball. The fact that we can throw and run makes this team a bit of a problem. 

At first when you look at teams that make huge splashes in free agency it tends not to work, but with the fact that some of these free agents were former Jets, this team is looking for real. 

Last week people were saying "It was the Browns", wonder what they're going to say this week. I will say though, I've always said that Andrew Luck is very good, but he's overrated. It's been 4 years and im still waiting to see him dominate a great defense. All I see is him beating up on a poor division on his way to 11 wins ever year yet being stopped when he gets to the playoffs against complete teams. 

Last nights win was great, especially it being a MNF game and against a team that is considered a SB fav, but our challenge will be the Pats ultimately. But for now, focus on the Eagles and give them a 0-3 start. 

Congrats fellow Jet fans. 

After almost being driven away from pro football altogether with the weirdo HC we had and the worst QB in the game as our starter to a team that is getting the breaks like I haven't seen them get in 17 years since the 98 season and competent smart QB play that we haven't seen since then too. You can actually sit down and watch a Jets game without waiting for the stupid to happen the improbable tipped pass that gets caught by the defense the fumble that Gore made tonight that the Jets usually make. I'm telling you this team could be the one we've been waiting for.

I am actually watching press conferences after the games again.  Both those guys are great at it.

not sure what your point is....should I say that Fitzmagic is aaron rodgers light?      the dude brings a calming influence to the offense but he can't win a game on his own.   marshall is a total beast, ivory runs like there's no tomorrow, the OL keeps the QB upright, and I totally love todd bowles..   

it doesn't change the fact that fitz isn't a super bowl QB and this will likely be petty's team next year.    you disagree?   

Idk what a SB QB is. Peyton, or ELi. Which is a SB QB? Wilson, or Rodgers? Roethlisberger, or Flacco?

You see what I mean. Anyway, I hope to God that Petty does wrest the job away from Fitz, but until then I'm happy to have a real NFL QB for once.

Thinking like yours led Buffalo, Tennesse, and Houston to move on, and fail miserably. They would all have been much better off with Fitz holding the reigns while they groom their young QBs under his tutelage.  My hope is that Petty takes over halfway through next year, and Fitz stays on for a couple more years as a mentor.

Yes according to a lot of people Fitz just beat Luck since it's a QB winning percentage that really matters.

So if Fitz beats Luck, and Fitz is not a SB QB, then I guess Luck isn't either.

It is my theory that the game is once again changing. It went from the whole "It's a QB-driven league" where for the last 14 years only 9 guys have won it.  A lot of the same names show up on the losing side too. Now we have been seeing a lot more injuries happening since they changed the practice rules so many important players are going down that the game now, circa 2015 is all about who can keep their team healthiest the longest, which team has the most depth is going to be the most feared and I see the way the Jets front office has put this team together makes them one of the league's best and more importantly; it's deepest

It is my theory that the game is once again changing. It went from the whole "It's a QB-driven league" where for the last 14 years only 9 guys have won it.  A lot of the same names show up on the losing side too. Now we have been seeing a lot more injuries happening since they changed the practice rules so many important players are going down that the game now, circa 2015 is all about who can keep their team healthiest the longest, which team has the most depth is going to be the most feared and I see the way the Jets front office has put this team together makes them one of the league's best and more importantly; it's deepest

I just noticed that the same people that point to Fitz' losing record to discredit him, are the same ones saying that he wasn't responsible for our first 2 wins this year.

YES Geno Max, look it up, and according to Bowles he isn't making a change if things are going good and if you ask anybody things be good, real good

on edit and i just looked it up out of all the starting QBs of 2014 Geno Smith was the 33rd rated starter and there are only 32 teams! How bad is THAT?

i get all that. But people are calling for Geno to be cut. Not going to Happenn.

It is hard to stay healthy in this league and at some point Fitzpatrick's arm is going to be an issue.

All II am saying is Geno will have one more chance.

i get all that. But people are calling for Geno to be cut. Not going to Happenn.

It is hard to stay healthy in this league and at some point Fitzpatrick's arm is going to be an issue.

All II am saying is Geno will have one more chance.

Same chance any other back up QB does I guess.  Helps he is playing behind some old guy.  Nothing to look forward too though.

I am sorry I didn't mean to phrase my statement as something that was up for debate. I was just telling everyone what would happen. Stuff happens, injuries happen. Geno will get another shot.

Football is a strange game agree anything can happen and if Geno goes back in, I will root for him to kick butt every snap

We beat an AFC Championship team led by a stud QB, on their own field, in prime-time. Hands down. Dominated from start to finish.

B)B)B)

It feels pretty good. Don't really care about playoffs at this point, im just happy to have a respectable team.

It took a ton of Colt mistakes to win that one.  They are an awful team right now but a win is a win.

The conservative offense until forced to open things up at 10-7 was a little scary.

Except that by all accounts Bowles was planning to start Smith this year.  It seems like either (A) Bowles was lying / the reports were wrong, (B) Bowles is an idiot, or (C) Bowles has a much higher opinion of Smith than you do...

Personally, I think Fitz is exactly what the team needs, but it's not clear that Bowles agrees...

Geno has always been fool's gold in practice. He can make throws Fitz can't. He has tons more physical talent. But when live bullets start flying, different story. I think that's what would've happened and Fitz would've eventually gotten his shot had Geno not been punched. all imho

It took a ton of Colt mistakes to win that one.  They are an awful team right now but a win is a win.

The conservative offense until forced to open things up at 10-7 was a little scary.

New QB new WR's new OC......the offense will only get better at Fitzpatrick develops chemistry with his targets.  We're winning amidst the learning curve and the growing pains, it's quite fortunate and it shows how good we may become.

Would be nice to have a TE though.

SAR I

just curious, you know that Geno on the field will lose the locker how?  Other than you don't want him on the field what exactly lets you make that guess into fact?  

And there isn't a chance in hell they bring Flynn back to start over Geno if Fitz went down.  

I know it the same way people know anything, they use their intuition and experience to make a prediction. And that's my prediction. I can't cite a player poll or anything.

It was never not fun to be a Jets fan. 

Good post.  But I haven't bought in yet.  I think it's because of the past 17 years - I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop...

I think the highlighted point above is what concerns me the most.  This team has been getting a lot of breaks.  I don't expect those to continue and they will start losing.

Browns have Manziel come in cold and give the game away

Colts, missed FG, terrible fumble on the 1

The defense, while I think is good - I think they've been bailed out by the big turnover - I know that's what they're trying to do but it feels like teams are able to move the ball against them - and it's just a matter of time until they run into a good team that's going to chop them up...

And the offense...they just looked horrible - They couldn't run the ball against a terrible Colts defense, really had a hard time in the passing game against 3rd and 4th string corners.  They came up with the big drive in the 4th quarter - but the rest of the game they looked entirely inept.

I'm not sold on this team, yet...

But it's early and they will get better.

New QB new WR's new OC......the offense will only get better at Fitzpatrick develops chemistry with his targets.  We're winning amidst the learning curve and the growing pains, it's quite fortunate and it shows how good we may become.

SAR I

This is a very good point though.  While I have concerns it does seem like growing pains.  Winning games like this are incredibly valuable.  Win when you're not playing particularly well...Play like they're playing and this is an 6-8 win team.

I do expect they get much better though.

The last three years have been reallly tough being a Jets fan. It is starting to feel really nice to once again look forward to this team playing again. They have put it all together on Defense now, not only have a really good D-Line but a really really good secondary, something even the great Rex Ryan never had.

As far as the offense is concerned, as long as Fitz stays under control and doesn't start turning the ball over they will be okay. They look good now, just think what they might look like when Devin Smith starts playing. Smith might be the best speed receiver the Jets have had since Wesley Walker.

The only thing that I was a tad concerned about last night was the offense kinda going into a shell near halftime and most of the third quarter especially with the Colts down to the 4th, 5th and 6th CB's.  I have seen the Jets so many times blow 10 points leads that it makes me nuts. It is so Hermesque. I really wish they had gone for the kill there instead of waiting until Luck got them back in the game. Other than that awesome job.

I can't wait for Sunday to get here.

SAR I

I was thinking about that this morning too Sar, I don't recall one pass going towards a Jets TE last night.

Archived