0-2 Eagles coming to town

predator_05

Looking forward to this. We have a major advantage in two areas:

1. D-line vs O-line. Their O-line is in a shambles.

2. WRs vs CBs. Maxwell has been a huge liability in the secondary, he'll have his hands full with Marshall.

Their defense is also depleted; Alonso and Kendricks injured. No details yet. Kendricks would be a huge loss, he is their best player on defense.

Very doable.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an extremely winnable game. Bowles has this team firing on all phases of the game and it's working perfectly thus far. It's really conceivable to think this team can be 4-0 going into the bye week with Sheldon on his way back. So many positives right now.

Tonight was a primetime game against an AFC powerhouse in their home opener... and the Jets embarrassed them. It's been a long time since the Jets brought it like this on the national stage. Onto Philly!!!

These are the games where you love the even keeled nature of a coach like Bowles. Eagles can be dangerous even though they're struggling. You know coach is going in film rooms hard and making sure the guys keep their heads down and grind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a crazy stat on ESPN talking about the Eagles' current woes that Bradford is the worst rated QB on deep throws over the last 10 years.  The Cowboys didn't respect their WRs and neither should the Jets.

I watched the last 2 Eagles games.

Bradford simply doesn't throw passes longer than 10 yards. He is capable of throwing deep, but he isn't getting the protection to do so. He averages under 6.5 yards per attempt, which is really bad.

They aren't really built to pass, and i'm sure they will try to move the ball with DeMarco Murray, who currently has ~10 yards in 2 games (not a typo). I hope the defense loads the box on 'em early and shuts down the run. Try to make Bradford move the chains, that's the most favorable scenario.

Can't afford a let down game on a short week. If we had Rex I'd be really concerned about this, but with what I've seen from Bowles, he will let the team celebrate tonight, but once the plane lands back home they're focused entirely on the Eagles. 

Rex beats Colts week 1 and they're celebrating like they won the SB calling out the Pats. Todd trounces the Colts in their own house and talks about how much we need to improve and keep working. I for one love the fresh air around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradford simply doesn't throw passes longer than 10 yards. He is capable of throwing deep, but he isn't getting the protection to do so. He averages under 6.5 yards per attempt, which is really bad.

They aren't really built to pass, and i'm sure they will try to move the ball with DeMarco Murray, who currently has ~10 yards in 2 games (not a typo). I hope the defense loads the box on 'em early and shuts down the run. Try to make Bradford move the chains, that's the most favorable scenario.

Bradford is completely chickensh*t at this point and is playing not to get hurt, and he's not altogether despicable for doing so considering how bad his interior OL is. If Chip is going to save his job, he's going to have to give Sanchez the football, if only because Sanchez is at least mobile enough to roll out every now and then. 

Personally, I think there will be something cool about seeing Sanchez come back here, against this defense, trying to redeem himself even a little bit. 

This is the definition of a trap game. 2-0 vs 0-2. Can't look any better vs can't look any worse. Jets favored by 5. Stadium going crazy. ... Jets get rolled. 

Google up Jets Head Coach. You'll discover that WRECKS no longer has that job so the odds are good that Todd Bowles will not take the week off but will instead have the Jets properly prepared for Chipper and the Eagles

Feels like a trap.

LOL as I was reading the comments I thought the exact same...then I finally got to your quote and I laughed. 

When the Jets fanbase always feels great going into a game it usually is a trap. Because of that this Eagles game may be even more important that the Colts game because the first thing that will occur is everyone will say that our start was a fluke because we played the Browns then just so happen to have a good game on MNF just to get beat up on by a terrible looking Eagles team. 

We need this game because it has "trap" written all over it given history. 

They really arent built for anything right now. The traded away McCoy, a guy who can run inside and out to sign a guy in Murray who is an inside runner yet the Eagles Oline is terrible and Murray cant bounce it to the outside. Match that with the passing game looking poor and their defense depleted and giving up points. 

What Chip has done to that team is unprecedented. The Eagles fan base must be horrified. I initially disagreed with Chip, but sometimes when people do such crazy things it's usually a vision that most cant see. That doesnt seem to be the case this time, it looks like he's destroyed that football team. If they do bounce back just let it be after week 3. 

I watched every play of the Eagles game Sunday bc I had them in a knockout pool. Their ineptitude was indescribable, yet I thought I was taking their suckitude personally until Aikman said it was the worst performance he recalls seeing in the NFL. 

This is not a trap game.

There was a crazy stat on ESPN talking about the Eagles' current woes that Bradford is the worst rated QB on deep throws over the last 10 years.  The Cowboys didn't respect their WRs and neither should the Jets.

We were going to play their receivers man to man anyway.  Bradford looks terrible.

I watched every play of the Eagles game Sunday bc I had them in a knockout pool. Their ineptitude was indescribable, yet I thought I was taking their suckitude personally until Aikman said it was the worst performance he recalls seeing in the NFL. 

This is not a trap game.

the snap that went off Bradford's chest because the Center forgot the snap count was priceless.  He is out-Sanchez'ing Sanchez.

LOL as I was reading the comments I thought the exact same...then I finally got to your quote and I laughed. 

When the Jets fanbase always feels great going into a game it usually is a trap. Because of that this Eagles game may be even more important that the Colts game because the first thing that will occur is everyone will say that our start was a fluke because we played the Browns then just so happen to have a good game on MNF just to get beat up on by a terrible looking Eagles team. 

We need this game because it has "trap" written all over it given history. 

Agree with the post but not the bolded. Media was already saying last night after the game that the Colts aren't a good team. They are already saying that we haven't played a "good" team yet. 

Agree with the post but not the bolded. Media was already saying last night after the game that the Colts aren't a good team. They are already saying that we haven't played a "good" team yet. 

well yea cuz the last years AFCG team with Andre Johnson and Frank Gore and a top 3 Qb sucks

Major trap game. I will be more impressed if they beat the Eagles Sunday then I was last night.

Nothing has gone right in Philly but I have seen that when that offense is clicking it can be a major headache.

Philly is a dumpster fire and that has nothing to do with the Jets. If you think this is a trap game, then make a few bucks off it and take Philly with the points. 

And the same media will quickly change their story and say what I stated above. The media will run the "Colts arent a good team" (Which they arent) because they are all over Andrew Luck and they can never put him in a bad light such as saying "The Jets harrassed that guy all night" and let that just be the end of it. There is always a safety valve of excuses for guys like Luck. Remember when the Media last year was talking about how Terrible the Cowboys were, and thats "America's team"? Then they all together changed their tune after the Cowboys were stomping on teams then suddenly this team was "SB contenders" and will dominate the NFC East. 

This is a media that for the most part favors a team like the Cowboys, the Jets have always been the bud of the media's jokes. I hope we dont have to find out if im right however with a Jets loss. But if the Jets were to lose you will have your talking heads out there talking about how we got ahead of ourselves and this is the SOJ. 

well yea cuz the last years AFCG team with Andre Johnson and Frank Gore and a top 3 Qb sucks

andre Johnson is kinda washed up now. dorsett would have been a bigger challenge. We shut down their WRs

The eagles have a lot more speed on offense with guys like agholor, huff, Matthews, sproles...not as easy to play man coverage against some of those guys. 

The Eagles are in the ultimate desperation mode, they will be playing for their season. This will not be an easy game at all. Road Monday night game for the Jets, short weak, desperate team, I am very nervous about this game because suddenly we "should" win this game. Kelly will pull out all the stops this week, it could be his NFL career on the line.

The defense was looking really gassed a couple of times last night and the pace wasn't even all that taxing. There should be real concern about playing a Kelly offense on a short week particularly considering that we never beat the Eagles ever.

the colts had a 10 minute drive in the 3rd quarter (ending with a gore fumble) that tired out the defense. 

I don't think the Eagles under Kelly have had a 10 minute drive, ever. 

Archived