Most of you guys are blaming the wrong people!

Jetster

Come on you guys, how long have you been football fans?

Yes, watching that game was tough! But remember, this is a TEAM GAME. We lost by 7 points! We were down 24-7. Our defense let them run all over us in the 1st half, (this is a team that couldn't run on anybody the 1st 2 games).

Our punter who I hate did exactly what you should do, punt to the sideline to squeeze the runner in & we let him run for an 80 something yard punt return for a TD.

Now you know why Jeremy Kerley was sitting, he's not very good! He dropped a 3rd down pass to start the game & he's a terrible punt returner. Plus he dropped another pass after that. Then Enunwa dropped a pass & even Marshall let the ball go through his hands for another Eagles pick. 

Okay, I'll say it....Nick Mangold has to get his head out of his azz for what we're paying him! The Eagles nobody, some guy named Bair had 4 f*cking pass knockdowns (1 for pick)  & was tackling our running backs in the backfield! Sorry, but when your paying a guy money like we pay Mangold, there is no way in hell you let some no name like this guy abuse you.

Brandons lateral was a complete brain fart! Philly scored 7, difference in the game, plus his non catch/ pick probably cost us 10 points, so you really can say that Brandons bad day was equal to 10 points. That & the punt return seals the deal.

Mistakes = loss in the NFL. We gave this game away, worst way to lose in the NFL, luckily we were playing with house money coming in 2-0. 1 loss to a non conference opponent, beat Miami next week...3-1 with Washington coming in, good chance to be 4-1 still better than most here expected.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mistakes = loss in the NFL. We gave this game away, worst way to lose in the NFL, luckily we were playing with house money coming in 2-0. 1 loss to a non conference opponent, beat Miami next week...3-1 with Washington coming in, good chance to be 4-1 still better than most here expected.

exactly.  too many mistakes too early.  if they beat miami all is forgiven and lessons learned.  

It really does come down to Marshall's idiotic lateral and tipped pass. We weren't playing well today over all, but still had many opportunities to win the game. That lateral then a punt return accounted for 14 pts. Games like this will happen. This is good early on for a new team and regime. Lose because of your own mistakes and learn from them. 

I'm happy that we held the eagles to zero pts in the second half and even with all the turnovers had the opportunity to win the game. The sky is not falling. 

Brandons lateral was a complete brain fart! Philly scored 7, difference in the game, plus his non catch/ pick probably cost us 10 points, so you really can say that Brandons bad day was equal to 10 points. That & the punt return seals the deal.

I expected more from Marshall, especially driving like they were and he goes all alligator arms and the ball is deflected for a pick. That was a huge play and the lateral was exactly what he said, "The worst play in the history of the NFL." Just plain stupid. The way Miami is being beaten to death by Buffalo just means one more team with more motivation than the Jets for a win. Miami 27-Jets 13.

sh*tzpatrick

#1- 3rd down...Kerley drop...punt

#2- Sproles punt return on a good punt to the sidelines.. 7 points

#3- Cumberland (worst TE in NFL 2 drops)

#4-  Marshall lateral (Philly TD)

#4- Davis personal foul (BS call but Philly 7 points)

#5- Marshall drop (pick)

#6- some Dlineman named Bair? had 4 blocked passes & abused our pro bowl center

#7- Our Oline has now SUCKED in run blocking 2 games straight.

Team game fellas, lots of blame to go around!

You ask for a game manager at QB, and this is the kind of game you WILL NEVER WIN!!!!  Wait till Fitz goes up against Belicheck, and Brady, oh man what a sh*t show that will turn out to be.

Fitzpatrick is trash, he will check down till you are down 20 points if the defense doesn't generate 3+ turnovers, and like today when they don't, and a few bounces go the other way a 14 point lead feels like a 60 point lead.  Geno might not be smart enough to take the check down when you are supposed to, but he can give you a shot in a game like today unlike Fitz.  It's a catch 22, but you KNOW what Fitz is, Geno is only in year 3 maybe he smartens up when needed, I'd rather find out now then next season, and waste another year.

Yes, watching that game was tough! But remember, this is a TEAM GAME. We lost by 7 points! We were down 24-7. Our defense let them run all over us in the 1st half, (this is a team that couldn't run on anybody the 1st 2 games).

Our punter who I hate did exactly what you should do, punt to the sideline to squeeze the runner in & we let him run for an 80 something yard punt return for a TD.

Now you know why Jeremy Kerley was sitting, he's not very good! He dropped a 3rd down pass to start the game & he's a terrible punt returner. Plus he dropped another pass after that. Then Enunwa dropped a pass & even Marshall let the ball go through his hands for another Eagles pick. 

Okay, I'll say it....Nick Mangold has to get his head out of his azz for what we're paying him! The Eagles nobody, some guy named Bair had 4 f*cking pass knockdowns (1 for pick)  & was tackling our running backs in the backfield! Sorry, but when your paying a guy money like we pay Mangold, there is no way in hell you let some no name like this guy abuse you.

They actually gave Kerley the reception for that play. I actually thought all of our receivers did alright (other than Marshal handing the ball over on that one play) the problem I think is that the Eagles defense played very well today.

#5- Marshall drop (pick)

#8 Terrible tackling all around.

I expected more from Marshall, especially driving like they were and he goes all alligator arms and the ball is deflected for a pick. That was a huge play and the lateral was exactly what he said, "The worst play in the history of the NFL." Just plain stupid. The way Miami is being beaten to death by Buffalo just means one more team with more motivation than the Jets for a win. Miami 27-Jets 13.

Thats  ridiculous already picking a loss based on this game. We had tons of mistakes, got no holding calls on Philly Oline (I saw many), Marshall was held in the endzone (no call) probably would have resulted in 7 points for us, the roughing call was complete BS on Davis, that resulted in another Philly TD. Nothing went our way & we lost by 7 without Ivory & Decker.

The skies not falling.

Honestly you can look at almost everybody on the field and point out how they contributed to the loss.

DL was nonexistent. They were getting held a lot so it's not their fault but still, wtf?

Secondary played lazy coverage and blew tackles.

On defense Harris and Davis looked good. It just wasn't enough.

Quigley and Folk did their jobs too.

Fitz threw like a mess. OL didn't hold up their end of the offense on the run. Powell couldn't go anywhere and looked like he was 80% trying until the 4Q. Stacy can't run the ball well although he did fine blocking.

Marshall made more bonehead moves than he made big plays and was double teamed too much to do anything else. Other receivers were hit and miss but just couldn't unravel what Marshall gave away on us.

Game plan on both sides just sucked.

You know it's a bad game when you even consider that Quigley was the best Jet on the field.

Nope sorry this entire loss is all on Fitz he was terrible and can't play the QB position.

You ask for a game manager at QB, and this is the kind of game you WILL NEVER WIN!!!!  Wait till Fitz goes up against Belicheck, and Brady, oh man what a sh*t show that will turn out to be.

Fitzpatrick is trash, he will check down till you are down 20 points if the defense doesn't generate 3+ turnovers, and like today when they don't, and a few bounces go the other way a 14 point lead feels like a 60 point lead.  Geno might not be smart enough to take the check down when you are supposed to, but he can give you a shot in a game like today unlike Fitz.  It's a catch 22, but you KNOW what Fitz is, Geno is only in year 3 maybe he smartens up when needed, I'd rather find out now then next season, and waste another year.

you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Fitz should be the last player to blame for this loss. He's going deep much more often than anticipated and he's not JUST managing the games he had about 6 drops today and a few passes batted down. He did not throw a bad pick the entire game. yet somehow you decide its Fitz that needs to be replaced.

As a football team we can't have the breakdowns we had today on ST's and the Defense early. Its hard for any team to recover from that.

Sometimes I wonder if posters on this forum watch any other NFL games or any football at all with some of the sh*t I read here.

Nope sorry this entire loss is all on Fitz he was terrible and can't play the QB position.

This entire list would be meaningless if Fitz played as a QB should.  No picks in the EZ, no pick to the DL after a turnover in scoring position, etc, etc.  He plays decent we win the game.

This entire list would be meaningless if Fitz played as a QB should.  No picks in the EZ, no pick to the DL after a turnover in scoring position, etc, etc.  He plays decent we win the game.

No I don't realize tell me how a QB "should" play ? Should he go catch the balls he throws as well ?

What the Jets needed today was more of a pass rush early and none of the stupid mistakes that cost us the game.

Not to say we would have gone up the field in 1:14 but Quinton Coples can't have such a dumb penalty . Brandon Marshall can't try and lateral while falling to the ground and he cant let a ball that hit him right in the hands get INT'd because he had alligator arms.

Without the dumb we win this game easily.

Mangold is struggling this season so far.

Been saying for at least three years he has to drop weight. As players get older they need to lose some pounds to make up for decreasing reaction times and/or speed. That Mangold has always been more of a tactician vs a guy who would overpower his opponent, his reticence to do so is even more baffling.

No I don't realize tell me how a QB "should" play ? Should he go catch the balls he throws as well ?

What the Jets needed today was more of a pass rush early and none of the stupid mistakes that cost us the game.

Not to say we would have gone up the field in 1:14 but Quinton Coples can't have such a dumb penalty . Brandon Marshall can't try and lateral while falling to the ground and he cant let a ball that hit him right in the hands get INT'd because he had alligator arms.

Without the dumb we win this game easily.

Ugh, he shouldn't throw the ball inside when his WR is running the sideline into the EZ.

He shouldn't throw it over the 6'4" WR head for a sideline pick in FG range.  

He shouldn't throw a ball into the DL for a pick near FG range after we force a TO.

He shouldn't throw countless balls behind WRs leading to all those drops. 

I get that all of this doesn't fit with the calls for Fitz as our savior but the game was there for the taking and Fitz didnt get it done.

This absolutely true.

There are games in the NFL when things are going to wrong - even with a good defense.  I punt return for a TD, a WR blunder, a bad INT...etc...These are the games when you need a QB to carry the team.  Fitz doesn't have that capability, it's not like he played poorly, he was just asked to do something today he is incapable of doing.  You're not going anywhere with Fitz - a 7-9 win team.

With Geno, maybe, just maybe he stop being stupid and he gives you a chance to be a legitimate team.  If he's ready, go to Geno next week.

Pats will beat us soundly..... 45 to 10

Been saying for at least three years he has to drop weight. As players get older they need to lose some pounds to make up for decreasing reaction times and/or speed. That Mangold has always been more of a tactician vs a guy who would overpower his opponent, his reticence to do so is even more baffling.

Excellent point!!!

1) the whole team came out flat, that is on the HC

2) the Eagles played with a lot of heart and desire, credit to them

3) No pass rush, poor tackling all 1st half

4) crappy special teams.  that onsides kick was putrid

5) no deep passing attack, every throw is a heave

6) o-line couldn't open any holes in the run game

lots of blame to go around

#5- Marshall drop (pick)

So no where in the top 7 reasons the Jets lost is Fitz playing like sh!t?  Feel like I'm watching Fox News or MSNBC.  Don't be so biased/defensive.  No single person had a bigger role in this loss than Fitz.

you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Fitz should be the last player to blame for this loss. He's going deep much more often than anticipated and he's not JUST managing the games he had about 6 drops today and a few passes batted down. He did not throw a bad pick the entire game. yet somehow you decide its Fitz that needs to be replaced.

As a football team we can't have the breakdowns we had today on ST's and the Defense early. Its hard for any team to recover from that.

Sometimes I wonder if posters on this forum watch any other NFL games or any football at all with some of the sh*t I read here.

If you think Fitzpatrick can be a winning NFL QB you obviously haven't watched NFL games the last 11 years.

I agree, this was a pretty bad performance all round, from our best talent (Marshall, who handed away between 3-14 points today) to Fitzfail, to just about everyone OTHER than Quigly Down Under, who punted amazingly well today.

With that said, pretty clear the fans only want one head, Fitz's.  

Because Geno Smith.

God some days suck to be a Jets Fan.  Geno f'ing Smith, season "savior", lawl.

Archived