Fitz, Geno or Petty?

j4jets

Who would you start, going forward?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you start, going forward?

• Ryan "6 picks with a pick 6" Fitzpatrick
    • Geno "no weapons" Smith
    • Bryce "Obamacare defenders" Petty

Fitz should continue to be the starter for the next two games without a doubt.  He faces a tough Seattle D and then will need to score points to stay with the Steelers. Those two games will determine his status going forward.  The bye week is way off so if change is going to happen I could see it during 6 or 7.  But, theses are the Jets and Fitz could look great next week and that's why the coaches would stay with him.

Start Petty as soon as possible.

Trade whatever it takes to get one of the top 2 QBs in the 2017 draft.

Do not resign Fitzpatrick.  Do not resign Geno.  Sign inexpensive veteran with starting experience (Hoyer, et al).

If Petty is good enough, he starts 2017.

If Petty isn't good enough to start, Hackenberg has training camp to earn the #2 job over Petty, if not, you cut him.

QB roster (not depth chart) for next year is:

Option 1: High Draft Pick, Hackenberg, Veteran

Option 2: High Draft Pick, Petty, Veteran

11 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Fitz should continue to be the starter for the next two games without a doubt.  He faces a tough Seattle D and then will need to score points to stay with the Steelers. Those two games will determine his status going forward.  The bye week is way off so if change is going to happen I could see it during 6 or 7.  But, theses are the Jets and Fitz could look great next week and that's why the coaches would stay with him.

Did you watch the same game we did yesterday?  We need a consistent QB who shows up every week 6 INTs there is no excuse for that except that he sucks, 

Start Petty this whole year to pros. 1- He gets NFL experience and we get to see what he's got, 2- If he sucks we know what we have and we'll have a better pick, hopefully more willingness to trade up for a top pick. It doesnt matter how good our WRs are, How stacked our defense is until we have a QB who is realiable and consistent. Maybe a trade for Romo/Cutler is an option I dont really know but we're just wasting time with Fitz right now. Nobody wanted Bradford and he's not looking to bad running an offense he's known for 2 weeks. We gotta do something to get a reliable QB

10 hours ago, j4jets said:

Simple question. 

And I will give a simple answer. Geno Smith is worse than Fitz and Petty is not quite ready yet. If Jets are 4-4 or worse at midseason I would say a change to Petty is in order, but not Geno Smith. We have all seen enough of him to know he ain't no answer.

3 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

And I will give a simple answer. Geno Smith is worse than Fitz and Petty is not quite ready yet. If Jets are 4-4 or worse at midseason I would say a change to Petty is in order, but not Geno Smith. We have all seen enough of him to know he ain't no answer.

ought to cut that crap for a wk, Fitznut. 

10 minutes ago, no psls said:

Starting Geno is like going backwards .

lol, after 6 ints? There is no "going backwards" from that. That's the beauty of having the worst QB in the league, a league where numerous rookies and 3rd stringers are starting. 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

If we make a change then we should go straight to Petty.  I don't imagine any possibility that Geno is resigned so why even bother with him.

Hmm, I think if he played well and led the Jets to the postseason they would likely re-sign him.

I think you meant "I see no possibility THAT I LIKE that Geno is resigned..."

3 hours ago, prime21 said:

If we make a change then we should go straight to Petty.  I don't imagine any possibility that Geno is resigned so why even bother with him.

Correct so lets cut him lets grow some balls like New England and not sign or dress a backup QB promote Hack Maccs boy toy and if he's forced into action oh well other teams are playing rookies why not the Jets. 

Fitzpatrick still is the starting quarterback, but I bump Petty up to step in if Fitz plays like the career Fitz the first half of a game.  If Fitz plays like the anomaly he has flashed, you stick with Fitz.  If Petty shows something in practice with the ones, you make the change asap.  

I wouldn't even give Geno opposing team snaps in practice because that hurts our defense.  

Start Petty as soon as he's back into game shape or the week after that.

Won't happen.

This was Mac & Bowles's hand picked QB for the season, caving in to him when no one else was seriously interested. They'll wait until they get more than half a season out of him even if we're losing more. He'll get the easy Cle-Mia-L.A. stretch to redeem himself - not to mention, redeem them - then after a decent statistical game despite more throwing behind open receivers, they won't make the  QB switch over the bye week after the Rams game.

I figure they'll stick with Fitz at least into December.

You don't panic. You show the leash, but you don't panic. Fitz was all-world against the Bills. He really, really sh*t the bed in a completely winnable game, and we all want blood. But you panic, you throw away a season that isn't over yet.

He's going to have a very tough time against Seattle. 1 or 2 picks at least. But if he can manage the offense to a win, we may just be ok this year. Not over yet.

Archived