### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Lil Woody said:

You are right.  This was a great game.  We are a great team.  Things are going to go awesome the rest of the way.  I'm excited. 

Yes, because the only alternative to being a whiny bitch-baby is thinking that this win makes the Jets a good team.  Those are the only two options.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Sam Bradford?

Jamarcus Russel?

Alex Smith?

David Carr?

Mike Vick?

Tom Couch?

And that's not even mentioning the non-QB busts.

You have selective vision. You only see what lines up with your argument. The fact is tanking is NOT fool proof... It's just not. To pretend differently is to ignore the facts and the statistics. 

Man, first of all I didn't bring them up for that exact reason that they aren't top picks. I also didn't act like they never exisisted. Right? Okay then. I knew someone would come on here and act like I said there has never been a bad QB that was a former top pick. I'm just saying. sh*t teams that have sh*t team for a long time finally get their soulation when they play sh*tty enough to properly fix it if they evaluate correctly or the player falls in their laps. I could of just as easily countered your list with another list of 2nd round and under QB's who have done well..but what sense would that make? Point is the percentage of hitting is higher in the top 2. 

16 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't understand  how they are dysfunctional by winning 3 games in a row. The goal of playing a game is to win it. You seem like you're mad at them because they dare win football games. I wanna see Petty in there also but if the team is winning games early in the season then pulling McCown makes no sense. If they lose the next 3 after this i'm sure a change will be on the horizon. The Jets know they need a QB.

You're entitled to your opinion but i'm not going to root against my team in early October when the team is 2-2 out of the gates. We don't know what any of these kids who may or may not even be declaring for the NFL draft are going to be. You have to let things play out. So many variables between now and the next draft. JMO.

i think a very good case could be made petty won the the 3 man (in name only) competition.. if that's true, mccown should not be in position to lose the starting job, because he never should have had it in the first place..

& bowles isn't benching mccown at least until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.. nothing about his track record here suggests otherwise..

To the moderator that just banned Lil Woody, thank you.

People have been warned several times. The rule is pretty simple. Patriots fans aren't allowed in the game thread. So if you are a Jets fan, openly rooting against the Jets, you aren't allowed in here either.

Personal attacks make the decision even easier for us.

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I agree to a certain point. But you're acting like because the Jets are 3-2 in early October they have no shot now of getting a QB next year. There are so many variables I think you are overlooking. The Jets could finish with the 10th pick and someone could fall to us, or we could trade up. Or we could not win another game the rest of the season after this game and being in a good spot to draft a top college QB. Or we could be targeting someone in FA like Garapolo. There is so much that can happen still.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

People have been warned several times. The rule is pretty simple. Patriots fans aren't allowed in the game thread. So if you are a Jets fan, openly rooting against the Jets, you aren't allowed in here either.

COLD BLOODED!!!!

Just like McCown said:

tenor.gif

I LIKE.:D

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I think we'll still be top 5... But not 1-3.

I have us beating the Dolphins and Chargers too.  I think there are enough questionable teams that we can "shock" too.  Gun to my head I have us in the 10-12 range.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20171008-161455~2.png

Posted earlier.  Hue wasn't the only reason, but his decision making was a large part of it.

i still didnt get an answer what else you want them to do in order to tank

they gut the team

they let a QB who was 2-22 the last few years to start

they have an awful coach

what else do you want them to do??

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wait, Tankers = Patriot Fans now?

lol oh.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Rooting against the Jets to lose this year is actually rooting for the Jets to win in the long run. Let's keep things in perspective.  Game thread is where the facts play out in real time.  But as you say, personal attacks are mindless and have no place here. 

10 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Yeah. MAYBE.  But this team is a train wreck and we are bad in a year when it's good to be bad and we just can't wait to find a way to f*ck it all up.  Getting Garrapolo or Alex Smith is all just more of the same failures.  Jets are far too stupid and dysfunctional of an organization to have things break their way and fall into place for them. The variables you mention never work out in our favor.  If we don't find a way to turn this organization around in spite of itself, they will be doomed to go from doormat to 9-7 playoff pretender and back down to doormat for another 10 years.

Dude, do you not have happiness in your life?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Wait, Tankers = Patriot Fans now?

lol oh.

No. I am just getting annoyed with people littering this board rooting against the Jets. I will shut this site down before that becomes allowed here.

Just now, BigO said:

Rooting against the Jets to lose this year is actually rooting for the Jets to win in the long run. Let's keep things in perspective.  Game thread is where the facts play out in real time.  But as you say, personal attacks are mindless and have no place here. 

This is your opinion. And the ONLY POINT THAT MATTERS is this isn't a debate.

Not for this thread. Go in one of the other Rosen or Darnold threads and discuss that there.

The game thread is for people who are rooting for the Jets. We never let Patsfantx to root against the Jets in the game thread. So we won't allow Jets fans to do it. 

One of the most boring, least inspiring and plain old sad games I've ever mostly fallen asleep through.

But a win is a win. 

3-2, and any chance at a top pick is loooooong gone now, with the Browns at 0-5 and a loss to us.  We'd have to lose out (won't happen) and they win 4 games (won't happen) for us to be the #1 overall #1 pick.

Maybe now we can all just root for the team, accept that what will be will be, and enjoy what minor moments of joy this year's team brings us, and we can can worry about the draft in the spring next year.

Bring on the Pats, I for one, will root my ass off that we can surprise and upset them, doubtful though that may be.  Because F the Pats, and go Jets.

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

At best it should be tied even without that last TD (which doesn’t count, why?). Missed 39 yd FG, and then Kizer blowing the game by himself inside the Jets’ 5 (because he’s a 21-yr old rookie and not a good one at that), and Jackson declining the points. That’s 12 points there. 9 if you want to say the Kizer pick was simply great D instead of a throw that shouldn’t have been attempted.

Beyond that we made a 57 yd FG and they missed a 52 yd FG.

We got outplayed. They just simply made more unforced errors than we did. Good for the win, but doesn’t mean we’re the better team.

Jets won 31-0

Just now, Warfish said:

One of the most boring, least inspiring and plain old sad games I've ever mostly fallen asleep through.

But a win is a win. 

3-2, and any chance at a top pick is loooooong gone now, with the Browns at 0-5 and a loss to us.  We'd have to lose out (won't happen) and they win 4 games (won't happen) for us to be the #1 overall #1 pick.

Maybe now we can all just root for the team, accept that what will be will be, and enjoy what minor moments of joy this year's team brings us, and we can can worry about the draft in the spring next year.

Bring on the Pats, I fot one, will root my ass off that we can surprise and upset them, doubtful though that may be.  Because F the Pats, and go Jets.

I am going to start tailgating for the Jets \ Pats game very early. Can't wait, it will be exciting.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is your opinion. And the ONLY POINT THAT MATTERS is this isn't a debate.

Not for this thread. Go in one of the other Rosen or Darnold threads and discuss that there.

The game thread is for people who are rooting for the Jets. We never let Patsfantx to root against the Jets in the game thread. So we won't allow Jets fans to do it. 

Ok but not only MY opinion. It's the opinion of half the posters on this board. We are tired of this viscous cycle and we want the 2nd coming of Joe Namath- not the 2nd coming of Babe Parelli. Regardless I bleed GREEN. 

Archived