NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,633 topics in this forum

• 20 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 46 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Our LB's in 08

• 8 replies
    • 23 replies
  2. Nfl.com Mock

• 8 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 28 replies
  3. IF......

• 5 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 50 replies
    • 3 replies
  4. Randy Moss

• 33 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 14 replies
  5. D-Rob Deal?

• 32 replies
    • Very strongly agree with this. You would often see debates over which fanbases were more tortured -- those like the Lions and Browns who just sucked every year no matter what or those like the Vikings who had their hearts broken in excruciating fashion. I've discovered that, at least for me, the answer is very, very easily the former. As a Jets fan most of my formative years were successful. From 1997-2010 the Jets had a winning record 10 times in 14 years. They went 8-8 once -- they actually only had a losing record 3 times. Made the playoffs 7 times (50% of the time) and had a few deep playoff runs. Lost in the AFC Title Game 3 times. I did not experience back to back losing seasons from the Jets until the 2017 season. Were some of those losses brutal? Was it frustrating to be unable to best the Pats when they were 13-3 and we were 10-6? Sure. But we were relevant, We were in it. The games were meaningful and worth watching. As a hobby the Jets were competitive enough to give me something to care about. We are now in the midst of 8 consecutive losing seasons and my overall interest in the Jets is close to an all time low. Simply put, you get to the point where investing time and energy (let alone money) in a team that is just a loser isn't worth it. If you asked me "what would you rather have -- one Super Bowl and 10 losing seasons or 11 seasons where the Jets are competitive" (let's say alive for the playoffs on the last game of the season) I think I'd lean the latter. Would love a Super Bowl. But really I just want a product worth watching.
    • I am not of a country music fan -- okay I am not a fan of the genre at all.  But in September I have tickets for the Outlaw Music Festival, featuring Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and John Mellencamp.  I am really going to see Dylan and Mellencamp, but I am also hoping to see Willie as well -- he has missed a few shows due to illness.  At 91, I have to give him credit that he is still touring.  
    • That's not actually how this works, unless "creating the logo" was part of his job duties. If you design a new logo for McDonalds in your spare time while you also have a job flipping burgers for them, it's yours, not theirs. If they want to use it, they need to license it from you You know that you can send a C&D or a DMCA takedown notice about that if she registers the copyright, right? Since 1978, the law has allowed an author to terminate a copyright license in the 35th year after the license was entered. We're well past that.
  • Available Subscriptions