Post: Jets considering "completely shaking up their franchise"

dbatesman

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? I thought we were all in on throwing away another season to see if Sanchez could flourish under the mind that produced the high flying Miami offense? No? We're not doing that anymore? Did I miss that meeting?

No meeting. Just a brief note on the official NYJ Pintrest page. Stay with the times.

There's rumors going around that the Jets could get really crazy and shake up the roster, even independent of Manning. Word is they may even juice up team to feature a player at RT or safety capable of actually making another roster in the league. Almost too much to believe, I know.

Yeah, but what about 7 years from now when we're back to square one, huh? What then?

Seriously? If you wouldn't take 7 years of an absolute stud QB and most likely at least one if not more superbowls after going 43 w/o even getting to one you my friend are delusional. Hell if we found a way to get Brees I could care less about 7 years from now. We could start worrying and building for that in say idk 5 year. And if you think sticking with sanchez is the answer clearly you havent noticed all hes done is keep this team from even reaching square one.

I'm really just hoping/prayng this was a sarcastic post.

Sorry, I don't trust Mehta's sources either

LOL What's odd is that I thought the exact same thing. It's a shame with our beat writers. They have all shown to be such BS artists that we literally don't believe anything they say. I wait for it to be national before I consider it as real..... but dont get me started on Adam Schefter :D

Seriously? If you wouldn't take 7 years of an absolute stud QB and most likely at least one if not more superbowls after going 43 w/o even getting to one you my friend are delusional. Hell if we found a way to get Brees I could care less about 7 years from now. We could start worrying and building for that in say idk 5 year. And if you think sticking with sanchez is the answer clearly you havent noticed all hes done is keep this team from even reaching square one.

I'm really just hoping/prayng this was a sarcastic post.

Straightcash is never sarcastic. It's one of the secrets as to why he is so respected with the NFL community. Especially, Clay Matthews.

LOL What's odd is that I thought the exact same thing. It's a shame with our beat writers. They have all shown to be such BS artists that we literally don't believe anything they say. I wait for it to be national before I consider it as real..... but dont get me started on Adam Schefter :D

Sadly, Mehta might be the best of the bunch. However, he has been turning into a hack like the rest of them recently.

Sadly, Mehta might be the best of the bunch. However, he has been turning into a hack like the rest of them recently.

he uses "an unnamed player" quite a bit these days. That can easily be translated to " I made this up"

It's a shame they don't say more.

Kind of gives you some hope though, that the FO might realize that what they've got right now just isn't going to get it done. It'd be easier to stomach a 4-12 rebuilding year than another 8-8 joke like last year.

No such thing as a rebuilding year. It's a PR term used to satiate a fan base when an organization concedes a winning season before it starts, OR has a season blow up in their faces.

NOBODY comes into a year intent on losing.

Agreed. Unfortunately I think he is catering to fan base a bit much, shifting his tone and material to their mood. Which is pitiful right now.

No such thing as a rebuilding year. It's a PR term used to satiate a fan base when an organization concedes a winning season before it starts, OR has a season blow up in their faces.

NOBODY comes into a year intent on losing.

Your right, but you can also make the case that being realistic and looking

at your chosen teams talent level, you just know some teams arnt going 16-0. Expectation levels levels also play a big factor. Before Rex I had little, to be honest after last season it's low again.

I am going to stick to what I said originally about Manning coming here.

On the surface, Manning in New York being the QB of our Jets, would be a massive PR win for the organization. It would be huge.

From a football perspective, the reality is he is up there in age. And has had neck surgery. So we (or any team) will be rolling the dice with our fingers crossed that he lasts.

If he lasts, there is a very good chance our Jets go from an 8-8 team to a 12-4, 13-3 team. And god only knows what happens after that.

However, I have also said that our young QB is then placed on the garbage heap after only 3 years and two back to back AFCCG's.

It would be great to have Sanchez here with Manning, but I believe Sanchez's ego would take a massive hit.

Something tells me, Manning will be our QB in 2012.

Manning failing is still a win because it means no more Sanchez.

If Manning is a 2-year window, the FO and CS will roll the dice and worry about the future when it gets here. It's actually encouraging that Tannebum and Ryan recognize despite all the Sancez happytalk that he is terrible and is what has held this team back. That may not necessarily mean Manning, but it does mean they re not at all satisfied with the QB play and will do something. They recognize that while they may get stuck with Sanchez when the music stops, he is not a lock and at a minimum they need an alternative.

Brees got franchise tagged and no way we have enough picks to get RG3. Its Peyton or sanchez------> :suicide:

By all accounts Brees is so pissed that he didn't get a long-term contract that he may not show up unil the last contracual possible moment, roughly 1 week form opening day. There may be an opporuntiy here, since the Saints are staringa t losing some draft picks. Again, explore all options, period.

If Manning is a 2-year window, the FO and CS will roll the dice and worry about the future when it gets here. It's actually encouraging that Tannebum and Ryan recognize despite all the Sancez happytalk that he is terrible and is what has held this team back. That may not necessarily mean Manning, but it does mean they re not at all satisfied with the QB play and will do something. They recognize that while they may get stuck with Sanchez when the music stops, he is not a lock and at a minimum they need an alternative.

Sort of agree, but I don't know how encouraging it is to have a teflon GM that gets to incessantly throw good money after bad to cover up for short-sighted and/or plain old bad draft picks.

Sort of agree, but I don't know how encouraging it is to have a teflon GM that gets to incessantly throw good money after bad to cover up for short-sighted and/or plain old bad draft picks.

At least we're not one of the handful of teams that are unwilling to spend at all and the other handful that would be willing to spend it if they could convince ANYONE to come play for them.

We're not in the best situation when it comes to GM's but we're definitely, at worst, in the middle of the pack.

Has Mehta said anything that's untrue?

Seemingly going back to the same 'unnamed source' to get a quote is about where it starts with me. I don't trust any writer who constantly uses unnamed sources. Speaks of bad journalism to me. But I'm sure you'll disagree since it doesn't mesh with your agenda.

At least we're not one of the handful of teams that are unwilling to spend at all and the other handful that would be willing to spend it if they could convince ANYONE to come play for them.

We're not in the best situation when it comes to GM's but we're definitely, at worst, in the middle of the pack.

Who's "anyone"? Jim Leonhard?

Seemingly going back to the same 'unnamed source' to get a quote is about where it starts with me. I don't trust any writer who constantly uses unnamed sources. Speaks of bad journalism to me. But I'm sure you'll disagree since it doesn't mesh with your agenda.

You're so cute. Yes, I'll agree that the "unnamed source" route is fringe journalism. But, the Jets specialize in utilizing the "unnamed source" to disseminate information. Remember when Herm would use Cannizzaro as his personal press secretary?

Archived