Jets "intrigued" with teaming Nelson and Landry

Untouchable

Jake Steinberg @Steiny21

#Jets have something up their sleeve. Being told #Jets are "intrigued" about the possibility of teaming Nelson and Landry. #nyj

This is great hope it happens. I started a thread on Tuesday, asking if anyone would like a FA signings of

Nelson

Landry

Schillens

Any top 6 OT available

Drew Stanton or similar

I would love this scenario not the big splashes, and it gives the Jets the option of taking BPA in every round no matter what position they play.

No idea who Jake Steinberg is, but if Landry is healthy this would make for one excellent duo.Nelson is good in coverage and Landry is great in the box.

Not going to be healthy for long. He needs a surgical repair of his Achilles tendon. Chances of him playing 16 games this year is slim to none. Nothing has changed from his last couple of years with the Skins. Guy is a monster hitter and poor in coverage when he's on the field. Like a fifth linebacker, good in the box.

Not going to be healthy for long. He needs a surgical repair of his Achilles tendon. Chances of him playing 16 games this year is slim to none. Nothing has changed from his last couple of years with the Skins. Guy is a monster hitter and poor in coverage when he's on the field. Like a fifth linebacker, good in the box.

Bingo .... the guys got the heart of a great football player but his wheel is screwed up and likely will be forever. And if he doesn't cover well, does it matter that the opposing WR catches the ball because the guy covering him is short - or that the guy covering him isn't covering him?

Jake Steinberg @Steiny21

#Jets have something up their sleeve. Being told #Jets are "intrigued" about the possibility of teaming Nelson and Landry. #nyj

Sounds like Jake Steinberg has been reading Ape's posts.

My issue is that Reggie Nelson sucks. Maybe if they kick him in the a$$ he'll play up to his talent level all the time, but he's a guy who'll flip his switch right off if the urge hits him. He might smell fishy being a guy who's talented, usually healthy, but somehow sucked until his contract year (and he wasn't even THAT good).

Landry I like because there's a whole bunch of people hammering a chip into an extremely talented player's shoulder. It's the kind of FA signing that makes complete sense as he's a young vet who is a stud player when he's on the field that won't break the bank due to his injury knock.

Signing Landry to anything outside of a week to week contract is a mistake and I'd only do that after I put him through a weeks long workout. I ****ed up my Achilles playing rugby and can promise you guys it's a bad injury. It gets weaker and stiffer as the season goes on.

You got pro level medical care backed with significant finances? Not saying that's perfect, but I'm willing to assume he's in good hands and if he checks out well enough medically they'll like him more than any of the other safeties out there.

My issue is that Reggie Nelson sucks. Maybe if they kick him in the a$$ he'll play up to his talent level all the time, but he's a guy who'll flip his switch right off if the urge hits him. He might smell fishy being a guy who's talented, usually healthy, but somehow sucked until his contract year (and he wasn't even THAT good).

Landry I like because there's a whole bunch of people hammering a chip into an extremely talented player's shoulder. It's the kind of FA signing that makes complete sense as he's a young vet who is a stud player when he's on the field that won't break the bank due to his injury knock.

More importantly than any of this, neither of them are Eric Smith.

You got pro level medical care backed with significant finances? Not saying that's perfect, but I'm willing to assume he's in good hands and if he checks out well enough medically they'll like him more than any of the other safeties out there.

Of course I don't but I'm not playing pro football either where a tiny drop in reaction time can make you a JAG or taking the amount of strain he's going to put on it. Remember he didn't get it fixed.

Of course I don't but I'm not playing pro football either where a tiny drop in reaction time can make you a JAG or taking the amount of strain he's going to put on it. Remember he didn't get it fixed.

Well he didn't have surgery, which can be viewed as good or bad depending on a physical.

Also Landry's drop to JAG is further than other safeties to JAG, which is why going after young vets who were very good but fell off recently makes the most sense.

Well he didn't have surgery, which can be viewed as good or bad depending on a physical.

Also Landry's drop to JAG is further than other safeties to JAG, which is why going after young vets who were very good but fell off recently makes the most sense.

I agree we need to bring in people but I don't think it should be guys that cant make it though a season because of injury unless we have a backup for them and pay them accordingly.

I agree we need to bring in people but I don't think it should be guys that cant make it though a season because of injury unless we have a backup for them and pay them accordingly.

Landry doesn't sound like he's looking to break anyone's bank, and there's not a ton of leverage for him to do that since everyone's killing him for injuries.

Nelson's still out there because no one trusts him enough to commit. He's never had injury problems, he's very talented, he was very hyped, and still he's out there with no physical knock. Not a good thing.

That's a REAL big "if" .

me likey

the best predictor for playoff success is QB rating differential. so you try to beef up your attack, and stop the other guy

this helps with that, so it's worth spending $ on

now if we can get a WR/RT in the draft, OLB, very nice off season

As long as neither wants too much money, I'm all for it. Smith and Landry could rotate with Landry as the starter...

Who's Jake Steinberg? I think I went to Hebrew school with him?

I actually DID go to Hebrew school with one Jake steinberg

Archived