Why today means nothing...

SenorGato

- It's one game.

- It was against the Bills.

- RB is a MAJOR issue, definitely. Can't win without a star RB in today's league.

- Sanchez turned the ball over.

- Wildcat doesn't look like it can be relied upon like I heard they said it would need to be.

- I don't think the D had a sack.

- Still don't have a blocking TE.

- Powell didn't show anything that impressed except maybe a catch. Part of the RB issue.

- The Wildcat was also killing momentum, and that's a word I hear is important.

- Hill had a drop or two.

- Holmes cancer is still within Sanchez.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- It's one game.

- RB is a MAJOR issue, definitely. Can't win without a star RB in today's league.

- Wildcat doesn't look like it can be relied upon like I heard they said it would need to be.

- Powell didn't show anything that impressed except maybe a catch. Part of the RB issue.

1.Yeah, it is just one game, but it was a game that every analyst and half of the Jet fan base either thought we would lose or wanted to lose simply so we they can chant Tebow.

2.So we're tied for 1st in our division. Good news.

3.Aaron Rogers.

4.Sanchez offense scored 34 points.

5.So you're expecting to see a season's worth of stuff in a 60 minute game? In that regard you said it yourself, its just 1 GAME.

6.They didnt, but each starting CB had a pick, Landry had a forced fumble and Cro had a pick 6. So the defense created 4 turnovers and produced 6 points...but yea, they didnt get a sack. And for the record, though our Defense didnt record a sack our offensive line didnt give up a sack against "a top 5 defensive front" by analyst. You take some you give some.

7.But we still have a vertical treat TE that could actually be used properly by our OC.

8.The passing game was busy converting on 3rd downs. Go figure.

9.Last year the word "momentum" wasnt even in the Jets dictionary. At least we had some to kill.

10.Hill had 5 catches he didnt drop for 89 yards and 2 TD's. I'll take those numbers with the two drops that he had any day of the week from a rookie.

11.Atleast its not his penis.

It only means nothing if they lay an egg against the Steelers. I'm not sayin they HAVE to beat the Steelers but they need to give it a good showing.

Agreed ... they had to win today considering the schedule difficulty over the next 4 weeks.

I'd be escatic if we were 3-2 after week 5, especially if one of the losses was to the 49ers.

If we beat the Fish and either the Steelers or the Texans, we'd be in pretty good shape.

It only means nothing if they lay an egg against the Steelers. I'm not sayin they HAVE to beat the Steelers but they need to give it a good showing.

Yep. Losing in a tough, close game to the Steelers is forgivable if the Jets play well and lose anyway. But if the Jets get through their first 5 games 2-3 or better, I think they're in pretty good shape. Good start.

- It's one game.

You forgot - Run D was suspect at best ....

wait ... ring ring ring .... it's your glass calling .... says it's half empty ... but it knows you're joshing ...

What a blow team away performance by Gang Green - looking forward to next week

- It's one game.

It would be better if Green didn't flop down the second a defender breathed on him. But 3 of the last 6 SUper Bowl participants (Jints, Pats and Cards)were exactly last in rushing. And the idea of a star running back is as common as a dinosaur in Midtown rush hour. The whole idea of "eastablishing the run" is less important than scoring TDs. And the Jets did that today. .

It does mean something-a divisional win. The Jets took full advantage of the Bills' mistakes and didn't get sidetracked by a bad early INT.

It would be better if Green didn't flop down the second a defender breathed on him. But 3 of the last 6 SUper Bowl participants (Jints, Pats and Cards)were exactly last in rushing. And the idea of a star running back is as common as a dinosaur in Midtown rush hour. The whole idea of "eastablishing the run" is less important than scoring TDs. And the Jets did that today. .

It does mean something-a divisional win. The Jets took full advantage of the Bills' mistakes and didn't get sidetracked by a bad early INT.

Not if you're a Groundz and Poudz team, which is what everyone says they are.

Archived