" Sparano on his way out ? " ? ? ?

kelly

Sparano on his way out ?

To some degree, Rex Ryan defended Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano on Thursday. Ryan, however, wouldn't get into Sparano's prospects for staying with the team. "I think with any situation, whether it's staff or whatever, you know the policy of this organization is not to discuss those things until the appropriate time," Ryan said. One of Sparano's strengths was supposed to be the Wildcat formation, which has not been a success this season. Sparano, however, doesn't exactly see it that way. "I wouldn't use the word(s) 'didn't work,'" the offensive coordinator said. ... [A] few hours earlier Ryan had said the Wildcat "hasn't worked out." Ryan did say that the offensive line play has improved under Sparano, as has the running game.

> http://www.fannation...ors/view/357872

Good Riddance f*ck him and his 0 pt producing Wild Cat. I didn't agree with getting him in the first place.

Now, if we can get rid of him, Sanchez and put Tanny back to Accounting, BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

i am going on record by saying Norv Turner would be better

I didn't like him, but I don't much like Norv Turner. I don't see Norv as a good fit for what Rex wants to do. Sparano seemed to fit the idea of punching teams in the mouth and not turning the ball over - in theory at least. I'm not sure what Norv is going to bring, but whoever they bring, I hope they provide the coach with a budget for a QB and let him pick one that he can/will work with.

i can only hope so. idk who would come in to replace him, whoever it is has to be better.***

*** Disclaimer- I believe i said the same thing about Schotty. So my track record isnt very impressive.

Norv Turner big guy...................offensive guru

Good Riddance f*ck him and his 0 pt producing Wild Cat. I didn't agree with getting him in the first place.

Now, if we can get rid of him, Sanchez and put Tanny back to Accounting, BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

What? You didn't like us winning games by scoring 7? Our offense is lethal... for the fans.

The only way I would hire Norv Turner as O\C is if his contract specifically forbid him from ever becoming the head coach. :)

LOL.

I wouldnt mind Steve Logan as QB coach. Matt Ryan swore by him and said he escalated his QB knowledge at BC.

He also produced 3 QBs at ECU (not an easy thing to do) and has NFL (Bucs) OC experience.

(Plus he lives near GreenBeans and I and belongs to same Swim/Tennis Club, LOL. He has a weekly radio gig here in Raleigh)

tanny has accounted us right into what is probably the worst cap situation of any team in the league. if not the worst then we have to be close.

Im not a Sparano fan at all but the Wildcat did not work because they simply had the wrong player running it. As I stated at the beginning of the season you need quick, fast players to run the wildcat (Brad Smith is a good WC type player) not slow lumbering QB's who should probably be in the arena league or the CFL where they would still probably be backups. The perfect player to run the WC even though I hate him as well is probably Micheal Vick since he has proven over and over hes not an NFL starting QB other than the occasional bursts of promise hes shown over his career hes wildly inconsistent.

I wonder if we will ever get the true story of who on the Jets pushed for Tebow, they should have been fired mid-season.

Im not a Sparano fan at all but the Wildcat did not work because they simply had the wrong player running it. As I stated at the beginning of the season you need quick, fast players to run the wildcat (Brad Smith is a good WC type player) not slow lumbering QB's who should probably be in the arena league or the CFL where they would still probably be backups. The perfect player to run the WC even though I hate him as well is probably Micheal Vick since he has proven over and over hes not an NFL starting QB other than the occasional bursts of promise hes shown over his career hes wildly inconsistent.

I wonder if we will ever get the true story of who on the Jets pushed for Tebow, they should have been fired mid-season.

I don't know what it is they were running. It wasn't the QB sweep outside and he either pitches it to the back or keeps it like we (or Sparano's Dolphins) used to run.

They can call it "the wildcat" all they want, but what I usually saw was:

1. Tebow lines up at QB.

2. Snap to Tebow.

3. Tebow runs up the gut for minimal gain.

4. Then put their other crappy QB back in to pass on 2nd or 3rd & long.

5. If step 4 didn't result in a turnover, then punt.

I don't know what it is they were running. It wasn't the QB sweep outside and he either pitches it to the back or keeps it like we (or Sparano's Dolphins) used to run.

They can call it "the wildcat" all they want, but what I usually saw was:

1. Tebow lines up at QB.

2. Snap to Tebow.

3. Tebow runs up the gut for minimal gain.

4. Then put their other crappy QB back in to pass on 2nd or 3rd & long.

5. If step 4 didn't result in a turnover, then punt.

Yeah I saw pretty much the same and its because Tebow is simply not quick enough to make it to the outside. Its much easier to actully play the QB position full time and run the ball when the pocket breaks down or design patterns that clear out one side of the field or the other and use some misdirection to be a running QB like they did in Denver........ but are the Jets coaches this stupid that they figured this would translate into a good WC player ? Probably so.

Yeah I saw pretty much the same and its because Tebow is simply not quick enough to make it to the outside. Its much easier to actully play the QB position full time and run the ball when the pocket breaks down or design patterns that clear out one side of the field or the other and use some misdirection to be a running QB like they did in Denver........ but are the Jets coaches this stupid that they figured this would translate into a good WC player ? Probably so.

Bro I have no idea what it was they figured.

Archived