Idzik signs USC WR Hazelton (a WR Mark Sanchez maybe never even heard of)

RyanBe_Tebowing

Jake Steinberg@Steiny31

John Idzik's first signing as #Jets GM? A wide receiver. The #Jetshave signed former USC & Cincinnati WR Vidal Hazelton (@Vidal_Hazelton7).

Other than being Sanchez's former teammate, he went to high school in Staten Island. Jets are slowly letting the public know Sanchez is the starting QB next year.

Even if we draft a QB this year (which I think is what we do - far better than the FA options that are available), Mark is on the team this year 100%. So might as well try and make the best of it.

IF he starts, it means he's the best QB on the roster. I don't expect anyone to just hand it to him. If we're building towards the future there may be a rookie behind him for this year.

Ideal scenario: Sanchez starts through Week Six, then Mystery Rookie takes over and the team finishes 4-12, gets the third overall pick next year and drafts Marquise Lee from USC, assuming Mystery Rookie (Tyler Wilson?) shows potential.

Keep investing in the failed project.

If the Jets were an investment firm, they'd put 50% of their money in Trans-Atlantic Zeppelin, Amalgamated Spats, Congreave's Inflammable Powders, and U.S. Hay, and roll the rest into that up-and-coming Baltimore Opera Hat Company.

are they still operating under the theory that Sanchez will improve if he's given people he's completed passes to before?

whatever. realistically, there's little chance of moving Sanchez anyway. Idzik's hands are tied there. let him start and the team tank. good draft pick in 2014.

are they still operating under the theory that Sanchez will improve if he's given people he's completed passes to before?

whatever. realistically, there's little chance of moving Sanchez anyway. Idzik's hands are tied there. let him start and the team tank. good draft pick in 2014.

Sanchez will need to learn a new offense this year for the second time in as many years. Why not bring in some familiar targets for him to better acclimate to the new system with. Vidal Sassoon gets a decent paycheck to be a camp body, and has a glimmer of hope to make the roster.

I say we bring in some of McElroy's favorite targets, some of Simms' favorite targets, and when we draft someone, some of his.

I think it's a great management technique; we need camp fodder anyway, why not bring in people who can potentially help players we have/are stuck with.

Ideal scenario: Sanchez starts through Week Six, then Mystery Rookie takes over and the team finishes 4-12, gets the third overall pick next year and drafts Marquise Lee from USC, assuming Mystery Rookie (Tyler Wilson?) shows potential.

That'd be ideal indeed, except for a minor tweak; teams drafting first and and second overall pull a Tannenbaum and pass on Clowney, because f*ck conventional wisdom.

you're right. we should like totally trade him for wilson and megatraon that would be sweet.

Yeah because that is what I said. Dumb response.

If the Jets were an investment firm, they'd put 50% of their money in Trans-Atlantic Zeppelin, Amalgamated Spats, Congreave's Inflammable Powders, and U.S. Hay, and roll the rest into that up-and-coming Baltimore Opera Hat Company.

LOL

Jake Steinberg@Steiny31

John Idzik's first signing as #Jets GM? A wide receiver. The #Jetshave signed former USC & Cincinnati WR Vidal Hazelton (@Vidal_Hazelton7).

Other than being Sanchez's former teammate, he went to high school in Staten Island. Jets are slowly letting the public know Sanchez is the starting QB next year.

Number one overall pick for 2014? Not too shabby.

Build the offensive line and sign Braylon, and Mark might have an average year. Not great, but I think he can be okay enough.

Sanchez has never had an "average year" by NFL standards. He had a great o-line in '09 and '10 and sucked. He's had Braylon before and sucked. He will never be anything more than one of the 5 worst QB's in the league.

You don't build around a guy like that and hope for the best. You replace him.

Unless of course, as HessCrusherStation mentioned, you're going for the tank job. In which case I fully support this strategy.

Archived