Flacco signed for 6yrs-120 point 6 million

PFSIKH

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9006059/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-reach-agreement-according-source

Now, if Sanchez absolutely kills it next year....I know a stretch....how much is he going to be worth? 

More than Brady's contract.

First we'd probably have to bring in Tanny as a consultant to get it done but concidering what he was worth after his 2011 campaign I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 years 200 million and a 35% stake in J&J.

He got Drew Bress money despite giving up Sam Bradford type production in the regular season!!! Ravens failed big time. Now they have to gut their roster and unless Flacco play can compensate for that which he can't be counted then the Ravens are going to sink. 

Next up Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan and Tony Romo. 

i dont agree with the contract but comon the guy won a sb. one and done like the jets? we havnt won since man walked on the moon and your criticising this?  if the jets ever win one i hope we guarantee a bunch loot to whoever the qb is

you are my favorite poster for naming yourself after Cotchery aka the best WR in the history of the NY Jets :)

but still  20 mil a year?  that's a baseball contract not an NFL contract

LMAO THIS GUY GETS PAID A MILLY PER GAME PLUS - WHAT A JOKE

i dont hate the ravens but just to keep ticket prices lower for us NFL fans i hope any player making a mil per game gets their freaking ribs broken

all us "normal folk" are left in the dust for the rich bitches who don't care what they pay for tickets.....such a sad thing

Little much on the bolded sentiment.  Though I do understand it.  I live an hour from Baltimore and attend every game the Jets come down to play.  But just like me you may have to get in front of your big screen, pour yourself a drink and eat your own food watching the game from home.   I would envite you to my hone to watch the games but we haven't completely trained Baby Crusher to not eat house guest yet.  He's close but still gets confused. 

Such a high percentage of salary wrapped up in one player is ludicrous.   Better hope to win a SB with a QB that is still on his rookie deal and move on, because there is no way to avoid diluting existing talent on the rest of the team once the QB gets paid.  Not saying that winning teams will go straight down the toilet, but with the $$$ being thrown at the top end of the pay scale it is difficult for a team to maintain forward momentum.   But the league probably doesn't see that as a problem.   

And so ends te Ravens Super Bowl run.

This, exactly what I thought. The Ravens just became the Colts after they paid the sh*t out of Peyton, within 3 years of that contract everything around him dwindled I believe. 

Good for Flacco though, he carried an underdog to a SB championship on his excellent play, in his UFA year, and got paid. The most ideal thing I've ever seen a player pull off in their final year, and we've seen lots of guys step it up in their final year, but not like this. Amazing.

i dont hate the ravens but just to keep ticket prices lower for us NFL fans i hope any player making a mil per game gets their freaking ribs broken

all us "normal folk" are left in the dust for the rich bitches who don't care what they pay for tickets.....such a sad thing

This post is a joke. 

You should be much more upset about what the owners are making with their taxpayer funded stadiums scams than the players... Flacco's contract isn't whats driving tickets up.

Happy for Flacco, seems like a nice enough guy, carried the team on his back for the SB win and I'm never mad at anyone who gets paid.

Feel kinda bad for Baltimore. They were really in a no-win situation. They couldn't let him walk, but I can't justify paying him like the best QB ever.

If Rahim Moore doesn't have a brainfart and Denver wins that divisional game, does Flacco get half of what he got?

Lot easier to get wound up with such a simplistic view of things. If you want cheap football played by guys who barely make enough to eat go watch arena ball. Nfl teams are responding the what fans want to see, and yes people will pay to watch sb mvpvflacco next year.

Blackout there are places on the internet where you can post senseless hate like this.  This is not one of those places.

Complete garbage post man.

People can scoff at the contract, but the Ravens gambled financially by not resigning Flacco earlier and lost. They wouldve beenforced to use the exclusive franchisetag ($20m) and the escalators for next years tag and the following year were unworkable ($24 m and $35 m).Ravens had no other choice here. They either couldve paid him $20m this year with an equal capfigure or do a long term deal where tey can spread out the money.

You should be much more upset about what the owners are making with their taxpayer funded stadiums scams than the players... Flacco's contract isn't whats driving tickets up.

It is true.  Sure some times can put out more cash in any given year due to bonuses, but with the salary cap players salaries are somewhat fixed.  So ticket prices should only see marginal increases going forward.  But they will charge what they can get away with.  So if the Jets ever stop winning again we are in for more increases.  Until then ticket prices will stay flat.

everyone hates what Flacco got but what is the alternative? Get in the Matt Moore market with the Jets? way better to overpay for a QB than to have no QB. 

He was Montana in this years playoffs.  He was the best QB in last years playoffs as well.   In the past 3 postseasons,

he's had something like 18 TDs and 2 INTs.  Thats an MVP QB.    

But saying all that,  he's an avg QB during the regular season.  Some nice games, some bad ones, many average ones. 

If the GM can find young talent, they will compete.  If they can't they will suck because of this contract.  That's the way it always is.

The Colts sucked because they relied on Manning to be Manning all the time.  They didn't exactly build or draft all that well over the years.

The Patriots have become the new Colts.  They rely on Brady to be Brady all the time.  And having coaches like a Dungy or BB helps because people believe in what they are selling.   Even if what they are selling isn't the best all the time.

The reality is would you rather have Flacco for $20 million per year or Revis for $16 million per year?

but still 20 mil a year? that's a baseball contract not an NFL contract

That just happened.

Nothing towards the guy who can pay 20 million to a player...Or that Flacco is a huge part of why that guy can spend 20 million on a player...let's pretend that the players are super human people gifted the right to play a sport..pretend they aren't a major factor in generating revenue for a multi-billion dollar industry...they're the oppressors.

**** I haaaaaaaaate sports fans the more you hear them talk about player saleries. The thought process is just a jealous, hateful, lazy way of thinking. Flacco is just $$$$ to his owner.

The ability to make 20 million a year (and the rises we have and will see at other positions) comes from decades of work by those not normals, the vast majority who meant absolutely nothing to the owners and the owners' friends the fans.

That's all ignoring that like EVERY PLAYER IN THE NFL he can and will be cut the second the franchise finds it convenient.

Little much on the bolded sentiment.  Though I do understand it.  I live an hour from Baltimore and attend every game the Jets come down to play.  But just like me you may have to get in front of your big screen, pour yourself a drink and eat your own food watching the game from home.   I would envite you to my hone to watch the games but we haven't completely trained Baby Crusher to not eat house guest yet.  He's close but still gets confused. 

i was drunk and angry over Siena's loss last night....i take back my ribs comment but stand by everything else

a million per game is INSANE and the fact that drunken violent fans get into fights at every football game makes me not close to interested in investing my time and money into going to NFL games...i'd rather watch on TV at home where it's safe and best of all FREE (outside of paying for cable who pays the NFL)  :)

i also like knowing i am not putting money into Johnson Woody's pocket for him to allow people to give Sanchez dumb extensions

edit:  and does baby crusher still eat the plates after he eats his meals?

i was drunk and angry over Siena's loss last night....i take back my ribs comment but stand by everything else

a million per game is INSANE and the fact that drunken violent fans get into fights at every football game makes me not close to interested in investing my time and money into going to NFL games...i'd rather watch on TV at home where it's safe and best of all FREE (outside of paying for cable)  :)

edit:  and does baby crusher still eat the plates after he eats his meals?

Why is him getting paid a million a game INSANE!!! but the owners clearing hundreds of millions a year from the seat licence money they are stealing from fans in their stadiums that us taxpayers subsidize isn't?

Why is him getting paid a million a game INSANE!!! but the owners clearing hundreds of millions a year from the seat licence money they are stealing from fans in their stadiums that us taxpayers subsidize isn't?

don't get me started on the PSL scam

but if tom freaking brady is willing to accept 9 mill a year then there is no way i see flacco or anyone else worth twice as much....besides Cotchery of course :D

don't get me started on the PSL scam

but if tom freaking brady is willing to accept 9 mill a year then there is no way i see flacco or anyone else worth twice as much....besides Cotchery of course :biggrin:

the tom brady situation is not really applicable. the dude is married to the richest supermodel on the earth.  He is giving money away to win another Super Bowl before he retires. not everyone can make the same choice Tom Brady did... 

The reality is would you rather have Flacco for $20 million per year or Revis for $16 million per year?

either is better than a bunch of draft picks. The Jets aren't choosing between Revis and Flacco cause Flacco never made the FA market. Franchise Qb's never do. 

Archived