Panthers WR Steve Smith Rips Mark Sanchez: ‘He Sucks!’

JADEDGREEN

'I Wouldn't Let Mark Sanchez Throw Me A Paper Bag Sandwich'

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Anonymous rip jobs? That’s so 2012.

Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has a message for embattled Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez: You stink.

“He sucks,” Smith said Wednesday while co-hosting “The Drive” on WFNZ 610-AM in Charlotte. “I wouldn’t let Mark Sanchez throw me a paper bag sandwich.”

The Jets are scheduled to face the Panthers on the road in Week 15. That should be interesting. That is, if Sanchez is even the starter.

The 26-year-old regressed for a second straight season in 2012 as headlines swirled about his job security with Tim Tebow behind him on the depth chart. Sanchez was benched twice late in the season, but it was third-stringer Greg McElroy — not the recently released Tebow — who got the snaps under center.

Promising a true training camp competition at the position, New York signed David Garrard and selected West Virginia’s Geno Smith in the second round of last month’s draft. Garrard now plans to retire due to lingering knee issues, leaving the starting job up for grabs between Sanchez, Smith, McElroy and Matt Simms.

Sanchez threw 18 interceptions last season and couldn’t seem to hold on to the ball when under pressure, lowlighted by the infamous “Buttfumble” on Thanksgiving night.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/16/panthers-wr-steve-smith-rips-mark-sanchez-he-sucks/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000201089/article/steve-smith-fires-away-at-mark-sanchez

I don't think Steve smith should be worrying about mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. He should be worrying about trying to make the playoffs sometime this decade

He didn't sound worried.

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo17m

Sanchez to Steve Smith: "I wish him and his team a healthy, successful season."

You're not Tebow. You just sound like a huge pussy taking the high road, don't even bother commenting. Though this would probably be the nicest thing Santonio ever said to him while he's got Marks pants down around his ankles so maybe he's being serious.

You're not Tebow. You just sound like a huge pussy taking the high road, don't even bother commenting. Though this would probably be the nicest thing Santonio ever said to him while he's got Marks pants down around his ankles so maybe he's being serious.

He was asked. A "no comment" would not have gone over well. He's always taken the high road though.

The worst Sanchez smackdown will always be Aaron Rodgers' response to Mark's fashion shoot. It was so caustic that I thought maybe he was being facetious. He was not.

I never saw this, believe it or not.

Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo17m

Sanchez to Steve Smith: "I wish him and his team a healthy, successful season."

Mark knows there's no use denying what we all know to be true. He's accustomed to absorbing 'shots' on the chin anyway.

Why does Steve Smith even give a crap about Mark Sanchez? Is he Geno's cousin?

From what I understand, he was on this show and they were discussing QB rankings and who should be on the bottom.  He suggested Blaine Gabbert, then one of the hosts said Mark Sanchez and he responded with the paper bag sandwich comment.

I never saw this, believe it or not.

Nothing really..  just made a couple jokes and said he'd never do it.  Ended by saying "come on man, that's terrible" or something like that.  Clearly joking.

I'm sure TomSHamu will have you believe he called out his mom or something.

The worst Sanchez smackdown will always be Aaron Rodgers' response to Mark's fashion shoot. It was so caustic that I thought maybe he was being facetious. He was not.

Go on...

Nothing really..  just made a couple jokes and said he'd never do it.  Ended by saying "come on man, that's terrible" or something like that.  Clearly joking.

I'm sure TomSHamu will have you believe he called out his mom or something.

He called out his MOM? WTF Arrrrron Rodgers!!! 

Archived