Jets working out WRs tomorrow!!!!!!!

joewilly12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negatives:

Has struggled to add/maintain bulk and lean body reflects weight-room work ethic. Pedestrian career production against marginal competition. Raw route runner. Shaky hands. Marginal in-line blocker. Could struggle to grasp an NFL playbook and require simple assignments. Hothead with an inconsistent personality — was ejected from the HBCU All-Star Bowl for fighting. Does not

have a pro work ethic.

Just what we need.

Maybe If Jeremy Maclin checks out ok when he get's back from his ACL tear, if we can get him... very good WR. 

I realize I probably sound stupid saying that. But if a player is a great player and we are in deep need...let's get him.

And should be cheap because of his injury.. pretty low risk - high reward deal depending on the contract.

Maybe If Jeremy Maclin checks out ok when he get's back from his ACL tear, if we can get him... very good WR. 

I realize I probably sound stupid saying that. But if a player is a great player and we are in deep need...let's get him.

And should be cheap because of his injury.. pretty low risk - high reward deal depending on the contract.

Hey, I though the wheelchair tennis at the U.S. OPen was pretty incredible.  Wheelchair football is the next big thing.

@Steiny31#Jets are working out WRs tomorrow. Among the group working out is a dude who is 6'6, 229lbs., and runs a 4.38.

He runs a 4.38 20 yard dash.

He has been clocked as low as 4.45 in the 40, which is good WR/CB speed.

He has also been clocked at a 4.57 and 4.63.  Still not bad for a tight end.    I noticed the slower clockings were two years ago.

You don't suppose the sudden increase in footspeed, coupled with temper problems a lack of worth ethic could possibly indicate something?

We have Spadola, just re-signed Obomanu, and have young talent on the practice squad (Michael Cambell). If we are "trying out WRs" I would hope for better than sifting through street trash looking for gems.

Unless this means we are in fact cutting someone, promoting from within, and then replacing the soon to be vacant PS spot.

???

We have Spadola, just re-signed Obomanu, and have young talent on the practice squad (Michael Cambell). If we are "trying out WRs" I would hope for better than sifting through street trash looking for gems.

Unless this means we are in fact cutting someone, promoting from within, and then replacing the soon to be vacant PS spot.

???

whatever happens, the players need to know they need to produce to keep their jobs.  most teams bring guys in on the off day, this just makes news because it was so obvious

Lamont Bryant is the 6'6, 229lb kid that runs a 4.38 that #Jets are trying out. 

H ewas waived by the Panthers in pre-season

for badhands, no doubt.  

Negatives:

Has struggled to add/maintain bulk and lean body reflects weight-room work ethic. Pedestrian career production against marginal competition. Raw route runner. Shaky hands. Marginal in-line blocker. Could struggle to grasp an NFL playbook and require simple assignments. Hothead with an inconsistent personality — was ejected from the HBCU All-Star Bowl for fighting. Does not have a pro work ethic.

Ta-ra-la-boom-de-a .... sounds like just what the doctor ordered

Negatives:

Has struggled to add/maintain bulk and lean body reflects weight-room work ethic. Pedestrian career production against marginal competition. Raw route runner. Shaky hands. Marginal in-line blocker. Could struggle to grasp an NFL playbook and require simple assignments. Hothead with an inconsistent personality — was ejected from the HBCU All-Star Bowl for fighting. Does not have a pro work ethic.

Ta-ra-la-boom-de-a .... sounds like just what the doctor ordered

He'll be starting by Sunday :) 

Archived