Jets vs. Steelers predictions

faba

This game scare me a lot because you don't know who Geno is going to throw the ball to.  The Jets receiving corps is probably the worst in the league and the funny thing is that we are expecting Rodgers type number with Geno.  The Steelers are pretty good against the pass #9.  I hope this is not a repeat of the NE game when no one could catch the damn ball and then Geno started to rush thing and before you knew it Geno was throwing to the others guys.  We will be able to run the ball and I'm very confident on defense as I believe Rex will be able to ratlle Big Ben especially when they will not be able to run on us. 

Jets 17 Pitts 10

I have a really bad feeling about this game. Monday night's bonerrific performance notwithstanding, Geno's still a rookie. Age and injury and general suckiness notwithstanding, the Steelers still have LeBeau. And they've had 14 prep days to our 6. This has all the makings of an ugly, nigh-unwatchable affair that takes four hours and ends with us losing by five or so.

20-16 Jets

Game worries me for a few reasons, Cro being hurt, Winslow out, Holmes might be out, Steelers are desperate and have 2 weeks of rest while we are on short rest.

With that said, I think our D-Line vs Pitt's O Line, and our Run O vs Pitt's Run D are our two major advantages and they will be the difference in the game.

Wouldn't surprise me if Geno has a stat line of like 1 TD, 1 INT, Fumble,  200 yards and like 55% completion.

I have a really bad feeling about this game. Monday night's bonerrific performance notwithstanding, Geno's still a rookie. Age and injury and general suckiness notwithstanding, the Steelers still have LeBeau. And they've had 14 prep days to our 6. This has all the makings of an ugly, nigh-unwatchable affair that takes four hours and ends with us losing by five or so.

I tend to agree.  A let-down game won't surprise me at all.  I'm glad I'm taking vacation next week; the Matt Simms crowd may make me go all Section 333 on this place.

I see this going one of two ways:

A) the team comes out all jacked up and the D absolutely smothers the Steelers offense.  Offense comes out with a similar gameplan as the Atlanta game and plays efficient, balanced ball.  Defense forces  Roethlisberger into a turnover or two and the game breaks open in the middle of the third quarter.

B) Geno turns it over a handful of times, the defense keeps the game close and we ultimately lose in a frustrating fashion.  SIMMSMANIA immediately regains steam. I get a headache.

Steelers 27

Jets 10

Ugly game incoming.

Normally I'd agree with you, especially given that they have had two weeks to prepare.  The thing that gives me hope is that they haven't been able to stop the run.  I'm hoping that is a personnel issue and not something LeBeau can fix.  If the offense can stay ahead of the chains they can limit the opportunities for catastrophe. 

Like others have said this game scares me. It's a trap game , 0-4 team struggling while 3-2 Jets have momentum. Instincts would pick the jets given the current circumstances but can't underestimate Pitts defense against a rookie QB. Like I've said a few times before I have more faith in geno than most so I think we'll come out of it with a W. Go Jets!

All of these predictions pale in comparison to Mike Florio's:

Florio’s take:  The Steelers are 0-5 and the Jets are 3-2 and many expected it to be the opposite.  The Jets have a strong front seven and the Steelers don’t have a strong offensive line and even though Pittsburgh beat the Giants last year in MetLife Stadium the Steelers are a shadow of what they were last year.

Honestly, just look at that. Marvel at it. Breathe it in. It's like the Pieta of stupid.

Jets sack Big Ben 5 times. Their run game averages no more than 2ypc unless one big play. Passing game will do well for Steelers.

Jets have a solid ground game and a 200 yard 1 int, 1TD performance from Geno. Jets take an early lead but win a close one.

Jets 24-19 (Steelers miss a 2-pt conversion)

I don't put an ounce of credibility on any writers and their predictions based on either teams stats to date. This is the Steelers were playing, coming in with a huge chip on their shoulders and knowing full well that unless they play far over their heads they will come out of this one 0-5.

I expect for the Steelers to play out of their minds tomorrow, they are stil one of the top five pass defenses in the league and I don't think we get the 5 sacks some have predicted. Roethlisberger is very hard to bring down and will get the  ball off when no one else can.

Also they will be bringing plenty of heat at Geno, the Falcons couldn't generate any pass rush to speak of but the Steelers will find ways to disrupt the Jets passing attack. 

So much for my concerns regarding the Steelers, truth is though that this game is the Jets to win, don't try and get cute or force passes where there is no room Geno. throw the rock away when you see things getting tight and let this defense of ours control this game. Lets see if Ivory can finally find a way to produce even close to what we were hoping to get out of him this season. My sleeper is Goodson, he only rushed a couple of times last week but I'm sure that we have some strong plays designed to take advantage of his speed getting to the edge. The loss of Winslow will affect teh short game and Geno will have to make his reads a little quicker and adjust to using Cunberland and perhaps Gates as his escapes when the rest of the receivers are well covered. the one other factor that I'm hoping we can see being used effectively is Geno breaking off a couple of strong runs for first downs. My final prediction is Jets 23 Steelers 20.

Lets see the Steelers can't protect the QB and they will be facing probably the best young DL in the game. The Rapist may be able to fend off blitzing LB's but I don't see him escaping form the 300 pound plus Jets defensive lineman. I say this game could be ugly as some predicted but I think Rapist is going to take a beating. If we play it conservative and run the ball down their throats and use play action off that running game we easily win this game. If Mornhinwig gets pass happy early with no justification I can see this game getting out of hand and an empty stadium by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

If the Jets play like I feel they should they should control this game easily  Jets 27 Steelers 13

If the Jets get pass happy and start to fall behind early abandoning the running game Steelers 30 Jets 10

Archived