Remember Chad Pennington..

BigOrangeJetFan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. Someone doesn't remember Rex's defense feasting on the Pennington and the Dolphins. If I'm not mistaken, Rex was pretty much making fun of Pennington at one point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290104015

Selective swagger appreciation? Stay consistent.

And chad part deux aka Andy Dalton just humiliated our d. I'm sure rex would give a left nut to have a cerebral gamer with heart and knack for protecting the ball.

And Pac whiffs on a hanging curve. You should have at the very least said:

"Your personal preferences will not go unappreciated".

You are not likely to see that fat a pitch for long, long time.

What's worse is I reported the attack to crusher

I remember him beating many of the bottom 16 defenses and not being able to throw with velocity

(before and after his courageously faced injuries) into either flat or up a seam which good defenses would jump.

But to your point, that's why he never threw a lot of those throws which gave him a good passer rating when he threw the throws he could make.

The obvious downside was being ineffective against better defenses ... like the ones you play in the play-off's.    

Chad Pennington was the smartest and most accurate Jet quarterback I have witnessed. If It wasn't for his numerous rotator cuff injuries he would of been the quarterback to win a super bowl for the jets. The Jets treated him unfairly in 2008 when they shipped him off for Brett Favre and we all know how that worked out Chad Pennington comes back beats the Jets last game of the season to win the AFC East. Chad Pennington will always be one of my favorite Jets of all time because he was a class act when he played on some mediocre to bad teams. He was a leader and should be the jets quarterback coach and should be in the jets ring of honor at Metlife stadium. 

I couldn't stand watching Chad.  His arm was way below NFL standard. He needed 12 play drives to get in the end zone all the time. And his "hail mary" was always a little dump off pass.  He wasn't even the great guy some make him out to be.  I remember him telling reporters something like they're lucky to cover athletes.  Real humble.

Always liked Chad. And when he was telling off the reporters, he was basically reiterating what a lot of people on this forum say, as witnessed by yesterday's thread about Canizzaro; he's also allowed an opinion about the wise-guy new york journalists. Remember when he was on the ground writhing in pain from a shoulder injury, and the Jet fans cheered - a truly classy moment. Great memories of that year he was dinking and dumping to Coles and Cotch, and Leon, and we went to playoffs... You guys don't appreciate nuthin'. Not everyone can be Peyton or Manning.

Lol.  Someone doesn't remember Rex's defense feasting on the Pennington and the Dolphins.  If I'm not mistaken, Rex was pretty much making fun of Pennington at one point.

No, Rex is the one that said he can't believe that loser even completed a pass against his defense.

And look at Pennington making an excuse in that game, as usual:

Baltimore's secondary also had Miami overmatched. Pennington, who finished 25-for-38 for 252 yards, said the Ravens made good plays on three of the interceptions, and he regretted throwing only one."I just couldn't get them to go my way," Pennington said.

Yeah Chad.  4 INT's and you just had bad luck.  What a POS.

Selective swagger appreciation? Stay consistent.

And chad part deux aka Andy Dalton just humiliated our d. I'm sure rex would give a left nut to have a cerebral gamer with heart and knack for protecting the ball.

Wait so instead of finding a reason why Rex would LOVE Chad Pennington, you try to make a weak comparison to Andy Dalton, who actually has the ability to throw a deep out?

Baltimore's secondary also had Miami overmatched. Pennington, who finished 25-for-38 for 252 yards, said the Ravens made good plays on three of the interceptions, and he regretted throwing only one."I just couldn't get them to go my way," Pennington said.

That right there tells you all you need to know.  The "class" thing was clearly such a fabricated load of crap.  I've never seen an NFL player in my life who so adamantly refused to ever take any blame for his constant failures.  We heard this same bullsh*t after every awful game he ever had, and there's absolutely nothing classy about that.  Nor is there anything classy about praising yourself as such a great team guy after signing the richest contract in the NFL at that time.  Same thing with the alleged "smarts", it was just some bullsh*t made up to try to come up with some reason to praise him in spite of his endless list of inadequacies.  There is absolutely no evidence out there which suggests he was any smarter than any other NFL QB.

In the end, it all comes down to that fateful night in Pittsburgh.  That performance was one of the most pathetically embarrassing things I've ever seen, and was worse than anything we've ever had to suffer through from either of Sanchez or Geno.  Yeah, I said it and I mean it, too.  That alone is completely unforgivable and the reason why he in no way deserves to be known as anything but one of the NFL's all-time biggest choke artists.  At best, he's a watered-down, pussified, injury-prone Tony Romo, but without the ability to ever make a big play.

Always liked Chad. And when he was telling off the reporters, he was basically reiterating what a lot of people on this forum say, as witnessed by yesterday's thread about Canizzaro; he's also allowed an opinion about the wise-guy new york journalists. Remember when he was on the ground writhing in pain from a shoulder injury, and the Jet fans cheered - a truly classy moment. Great memories of that year he was dinking and dumping to Coles and Cotch, and Leon, and we went to playoffs... You guys don't appreciate nuthin'. Not everyone can be Peyton or Manning.

For starters, the alleged cheering came during his ankle injury, the one that made him miss only a single game, not any of his three shoulder injuries.  Besides, that cheering of the injury thing was nonsense anyway, stirred up by the media and the Chad-lovers, as it's been long-since established that it coincided with Clemens running out onto the field (while being shown on the monitors).  Even if you don't believe that to be true, and that's certainly your prerogative, it still doesn't magically make Chad a better QB or person.

That right there tells you all you need to know.  The "class" thing was clearly such a fabricated load of crap.  I've never seen an NFL player in my life who so adamantly refused to ever take any blame for his constant failures.  We heard this same bullsh*t after every awful game he ever had, and there's absolutely nothing classy about that.  Nor is there anything classy about praising yourself as such a great team guy after signing the richest contract in the NFL at that time.  Same thing with the alleged "smarts", it was just some bullsh*t made up to try to come up with some reason to praise him in spite of his endless list of inadequacies.  There is absolutely no evidence out there which suggests he was any smarter than any other NFL QB.

In the end, it all comes down to that fateful night in Pittsburgh.  That performance was one of the most pathetically embarrassing things I've ever seen, and was worse than anything we've ever had to suffer through from either of Sanchez or Geno.  Yeah, I said it and I mean it, too.  That alone is completely unforgivable and the reason why he in no way deserves to be known as anything but one of the NFL's all-time biggest choke artists.  At best, he's a watered-down, pussified, injury-prone Tony Romo, but without the ability to ever make a big play.

But like...Randy Moss said he was good once and stuff.

Lol.  Someone doesn't remember Rex's defense feasting on the Pennington and the Dolphins.  If I'm not mistaken, Rex was pretty much making fun of Pennington at one point.

Wrong. Rex's Jets LOST twice to Miami in 2009, Rex's first year and Penny wasn't around for 2010 when the Jets split. It has been a split ever since. But Rex is 3-5 vs the Fins. Look it up.

if memory serves he gift wrapped two others that were dropped. He looked like a boy playing against men.... I don't believe I've ever seen a case of helplessness like that on a pro field

if memory serves he gift wrapped two others that were dropped. He looked like a boy playing against men.... I don't believe I've ever seen a case of helplessness like that on a pro field

My brain still plays the pass he threw to Urlacher in the endzone. I saw it before he threw it. Look like he did it on purpose. 

Wrong. Rex's Jets LOST twice to Miami in 2009, Rex's first year and Penny wasn't around for 2010 when the Jets split. It has been a split ever since. But Rex is 3-5 vs the Fins. Look it up.

Actually, you're the wrong one, considering the point of discussion was Chad's 2008 playoff pants-sh*tting against Rex's Ravens D.  Rex's time with the Jets is kind of irrelevant considering Pennington didn't play in either of the 2009 Jets/Miami games (or any of the games thereafter).  Henne was their QB both of those games.

Funny thing about Pennington is this. Just about every year, there is a QB in the draft and I am screaming at my TV when it gets to the JETS turn to draft the QB I want, like of course starting in the infamous 83 draft, where I am jumping for joy because we are going to get Marino, or like last year when they skipped in round 1 and got to the 2nd round pick and I was actually yelling for Glennon, well in Penningtons year, I want to say that Parcells had 2 first rd picks (maybe even 3) but anyway with the last pick in rd 1 they had in that draft, I was screaming for Pennington, and Bill took him. Its the only time its ever happened that my QB pick was actually picked.

Now next year, If Manziel is available when the Jets pick, I swear, I will get one of those planes with the banner on it, (It will have to be in lights of course as it is at night), and fly it over Radio city hall.

What the hell is this gobbledygook?

You take an innocuous quote like "I couldn't get things to go my way" and extrapolate some kind of nefarious selfishness? 

I enjoy debating Penningtons place in all time Jet qb's but at least keep your arguments logical.  Doesn't surprise me you got that idiot CTM to quote your manifesto as if you made valid points.

Incidentally, being a Rhodes Scholar finalist would be an indication that he was smarter than your average NFL qb. 

You take an innocuous quote like "I couldn't get things to go my way" and extrapolate some kind of nefarious selfishness? 

I enjoy debating Penningtons place in all time Jet qb's but at least keep your arguments logical.  Doesn't surprise me you got that idiot CTM to quote your manifesto as if you made valid points.

Incidentally, being a Rhodes Scholar finalist would be an indication that he was smarter than your average NFL qb.

Just a hunch but I will bet that Chad scored better than 7 on the wonderlick, thats right a SEVEN is what VINCE YOUNG scored on that thing.

It was reported that he missed questions like:

The train goes 30 miles per hour, how far does it travel in 30 minutes?

or heres another one he reportedly missed:

X+2=4, what is the value of X?

Bah, after all our years debating this topic, you know full well that the quote is nothing but one small example of many more similar instances that causes me to feel the way I do.  I made that rather clear in citing both his constant excusing of his own poor play throughout his career, as well as his self-congratulatory bullsh*t of how great he was for raping the Jets with that God awful contract of his.  At last Sanchez's stupid ass knew better than to talk about what a hero he thought he was when he was given his mind-numbingly idiotic second contract.

I also shouldn't be surprised that you're continually impressed by the nature of what seems to hold true for every aspect of Pennington's life; almost good enough to possibly accomplish something, but in the end, never really good enough to make it happen when it counts.

Just a hunch but I will bet that Chad scored better than 7 on the wonderlick, thats right a SEVEN is what VINCE YOUNG scored on that thing.

It was reported that he missed questions like:

The train goes 30 miles per hour, how far does it travel in 30 minutes?

or heres another one he reportedly missed:

X+2=4, what is the value of X?

So not being as dumb as Vince Young is suddenly the measurement for smart?  Surely you jest.  As an FYI, Pennington got a 25 on the Wonderlic, about as average as you can get.  Keep in mind I never said the guy was dumb, but his supposed brilliance is massively overstated for no particular reason at all.

Rhodes scholar is not purely academic achievement, which I know you've been told.  I'm sure pennington's gift for relentless ass kissing was what was rewarded by being one of the top losers of the award. The wonderlic however, is much closer to an intelligence test, and on that he scored a 25.. lower then Ryan leaf and tied with the brain surgeon known as Big Ben

Cerebralest gamer fo sho

Chad Pennington had zero athleticism. For him to get a D 1 scholarship let alone go rd1 was a miracle of brains over brawn. But in the end the NFL chewed him up.

lesson learned? can't fake the funk on a nasty dunk. it's a bunch of world class athletes a regular dude like Chad gets killed.

Archived