Remember Chad Pennington..

BigOrangeJetFan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too weak of an arm, but the last smart, accurate passer the Jets have had that could carve up a defense. Yes, Favre was very good for 10 games.

Yes, I know he wouldn't have gotten in done in Buffalo with the wind.

It would just be refreshing to see a Jets QB take what the defense gives him.

I agree. Chad was the anti Geno/Sanchez. I am so sick of inaccurate unintelligent QB's.

Oh, to have CHAD back. The one thing that always sticks with me about CHAD (besides being incredibly accurate, incredibly smart, and incredibly classy) was that he was drafted by PARCELLS in the first round and Parcells hated drafting any QB, let alone one in the first round. Chad was special, and I raelly think that down the road, A Head coaching, or O-coordinator job is in his future.

Too weak of an arm, but the last smart, accurate passer the Jets have had that could carve up a defense. Yes, Favre was very good for 10 games.

He could?  When?

Ended his career with us throwing pick-6's at an alarming rate... then Favre and his INTs and then Sanchez, and now Geno.

I bet if you looked it up, the Jets franchise over the years between Penny's last year and this season lead the league in INTs by their QBs by a very large margin.

Yeah, but it would sure be a lot easier to just refer these folks back to some of the million-some-odd threads that already exist on the topic.

But this thread is so wistful.  Like "Remember Chad Pennington?  Those were the days."  As some idiot who apparently only watched highlights of Pennington in the 2002 AFC Wild Card game (Pac) kicks his feet up on a desk (John Deere tractor) somewhere.

NO, NO THEY WEREN'T THE DAYS A$$HOLE.

Oh, to have CHAD back. The one thing that always sticks with me about CHAD (besides being incredibly accurate, incredibly smart, and incredibly classy) was that he was drafted by PARCELLS in the first round and Parcells hated drafting any QB, let alone one in the first round. Chad was special, and I raelly think that down the road, A Head coaching, or O-coordinator job is in his future.

And who was it that came from that SAME draft class. Drafted number 199, oh yeah, I think his name was Brady...Tom Brady, yeah that's the guy. Still in all, Chad was a good QB. Smart and fearless, but rag armed and none too elusive. Mix Pennington's head and Smith's arm and you got yourself a QB. I used to cringe every time he went back to pass, his ball seemed to float for an eternity before finding it's inevitable target. Now I simply cringe as Smith's ball finds IT'S inevitable target...the other team.

But this thread is so wistful.  Like "Remember Chad Pennington?  Those were the days."  As some idiot who apparently only watched highlights of Pennington in the 2002 AFC Wild Card game (Pac) kicks his feet up on a desk (John Deere tractor) somewhere.

NO, NO THEY WEREN'T THE DAYS A$$HOLE.

Some people will never learn.  If they haven't in 11 years, what makes you think they will now?  The response is simply that he wasn't overly smart (playing like a pussy does not make one smart), he actually wasn't amazingly accurate (checking down like a pussy does not make one accurate), he could never carve up a defense (no idea where this nonsense even came from), he was not particularly classy (this is something that was just completely made up by the fan-boys with no foundation to it), and he wasn't in any way special (unless maybe we're talking about the short-bus kind of special).

Can we just leave it at that and move on?

Of course you remember him. You still have the taste of his dick in your mouth/.

Your personal attack will not go unreported.

And Pac whiffs on a hanging curve.  You should have at the very least said:

"Your personal preferences will not go unappreciated".  

You are not likely to see that fat a pitch for long, long time.

Archived