Pats and the Super Bowl

Maxman

I would rather they never even make the playoffs.   Obviously them not even getting there is the best bet.    I'm tired of year after year other teams being good and the Jets never being good.   I mean it was the Dolphins in the 70s and 80s,  the Bills in the early 90s.  And hell the Pats made it to a super bowl in the 80s and 90s.  And then the 2000s it's been all the Pats.        The Colts even had some ok years now and again, even though they kind of sucked for most of past 40 years before Manning.   

The Jets have a nice sneaky run now and again, but then get worse and worse and have to start over.   And then one of the other damn teams winds up having a franchise QB.   Marino. Kelly.  Brady.    The Jets had O'Brien who had his moments, but wasn't close to those HOFers.

I would rather they never even make the playoffs.   Obviously them not even getting there is the best bet.    I'm tired of year after year other teams being good and the Jets never being good.   I mean it was the Dolphins in the 70s and 80s,  the Bills in the early 90s.  And hell the Pats made it to a super bowl in the 80s and 90s.  And then the 2000s it's been all the Pats.        The Colts even had some ok years now and again, even though they kind of sucked for most of past 40 years before Manning.   

The Jets have a nice sneaky run now and again, but then get worse and worse and have to start over.   And then one of the other damn teams winds up having a franchise QB.   Marino. Kelly.  Brady.    The Jets had O'Brien who had his moments, but wasn't close to those HOFers.

That would be my choice now, but unfortunately they are already there.

I'd like to see Denver in there instead of the Pats.  Remember when Favre came here, got arm problems and then had a great run in Minnesota the next year?  He was going for the conf championship when instead of running for the first down and game winning field goal range, he made an unnecessary pass to Sidney Rice which got intercepted by New Orleans.  The next year the Vikings had injuries, and Favre retired without his second Super Bowl win.

I'd like to see Manning get his second, and I think he knows that this Denver team is his last best chance to do it.  Who knows what happens next year if he doesn't do it this year.  That's why Manning has been playing so great all year-he knows this year is probably it.

So no, I don't want to see Brady play in our frigid stadium.

Would you want the Pats to be in the Super Bowl so they can lose in Metlife Stadium?  Or is the thought of them winning in Metlife so risky, that you would prefer they just lose in the Championship game.

Phil, the Pats are better than Denver and SD would have to travel cross county.

After tonight's game, it looks like the Pats are built for a bad weather Super Bowl.  6 rushing TD's.  Damn.  That offensive line was absolutely dominant.  They took over the game and ground the Colts defense into tiny bits of smaller bits.  Then put those bits in a juicer.  Then dried the juice and ground the remaining solids into fine powder and mixed it with an accelerant in a small can and sprayed it into Andrew Luck's face.  I want one of those lines.  I want a line that sprays ground up defenses into opposing quarterback's faces.  That's what i want.

After tonight's game, it looks like the Pats are built for a bad weather Super Bowl.  6 rushing TD's.  Damn.  That offensive line was absolutely dominant.  They took over the game and ground the Colts defense into tiny bits of smaller bits.  Then put those bits in a juicer.  Then dried the juice and ground the remaining solids into fine powder and mixed it with an accelerant in a small can and sprayed it into Andrew Luck's face.  I want one of those lines.  I want a line that sprays ground up defenses into opposing quarterback's faces.  That's what i want.

Colts have a soft defense. Would like to see them try and run against the Seahawks or Niners.

After tonight's game, it looks like the Pats are built for a bad weather Super Bowl. 6 rushing TD's. Damn. That offensive line was absolutely dominant. They took over the game and ground the Colts defense into tiny bits of smaller bits. Then put those bits in a juicer. Then dried the juice and ground the remaining solids into fine powder and mixed it with an accelerant in a small can and sprayed it into Andrew Luck's face. I want one of those lines. I want a line that sprays ground up defenses into opposing quarterback's faces. That's what i want.

Our line looked like that vs the Saints.

Colts run D is horrible, like the Saints.

Would you want the Pats to be in the Super Bowl so they can lose in Metlife Stadium?  Or is the thought of them winning in Metlife so risky, that you would prefer they just lose in the Championship game.

Thanks Maxmillian;

I hadnt even thought of that possibility till now. I feel sick. 

I can see Pats fans saying "This is our House"

No, would rather have WOODY get an up close view of an NFL FRANCHISE that is run the way he should try to run our franchise, instead of the Mickey Mouse way he runs the Jets. WOODY may see a great franchise with a GREAT Coach, a FRANCHISE QB, and a consistent winner, and maybe learn a little about how to actually run an NFL franchise instead of worrying about how much hair spray he sells, and his half baked political aspirations.

BB is Longshanks?

Brady is definitely the prince.

I see the Giants as the English, playing in what's essentially their stadium, they let us pretend every other Sunday as long as we never accomplish anything. I doubt BB likes that story anyway, he sees himself as more of a Xerxes.

Archived