Eric Decker

joewilly12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't need a really good player at a position we are terrible at? Really?

Exactly what crossed my mind. I don't prefer Decker mainly because his asking price I figure will be high. But to say the Jets don't need a receiver of his caliber (especially because we literally have nothing at the position) is a little far fetched.

I'm good with signing him.  I'm not good with giving him #1 money (which he may get from someone given the slim pickings at FA WRs this year).  He's definitely an upgrade to who we currently have lining up outside, but he's not elite.  Dropped a short pass tonight that hit him in the hands.

I'm good with signing him. I'm not good with giving him #1 money (which he may get from someone given the slim pickings at FA WRs this year). He's definitely an upgrade to who we currently have lining up outside, but he's not elite. Dropped a short pass tonight that hit him in the hands.

Agreed. The high asking price is what turns me off about decker. That said, he's above and beyond what the Jets have currently like you mentioned.

Tate and Decker are both very good receivers, neither, however are #1 receivers and should not be paid as such. If he's had for a reasonable salary, then fine, but considering he's the top of the class, he's going to be chasing the money and I would have to imagine someone will give him a big pay day.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats dump Amendola's contract and go after Decker if Edelman goes to Houston.

Can you Eric Decker lovers finally get off the crazy train hes not a #1 WR and we don't need or want him.

He has 3 good seasons in a row, but he didn't do much in this 1 game so we don't want or need him?

Face reality, buddy: pick any WR or TE on the free agent list. I will gladly show you a handful of games in which they had minimal impact.

He was the most productive WR in this free agent class. You can't even blame it all on Manning, Decker was actually productive with Tebow too.

And anyone who thinks we won't/shouldn't sign a WR or TE in free agency better be hoping that we use out 1st 4 picks on them.... because drafting a rookie or 2 isn't enough.

He has 3 good seasons in a row, but he didn't do much in this 1 game so we don't want or need him?

Face reality, buddy: pick any WR or TE on the free agent list. I will gladly show you a handful of games in which they had minimal impact.

He was the most productive WR in this free agent class. You can't even blame it all on Manning, Decker was actually productive with Tebow too.

And anyone who thinks we won't/shouldn't sign a WR or TE in free agency better be hoping that we use out 1st 4 picks on them.... because drafting a rookie or 2 isn't enough.

Before Manning he had 44 Receptions and 0 TDs.  Since when does that count as good and a #1 WR?  

So 2 good seasons with Manning(and he was not a #1 or #2 receiver) and below Avg when Orton/Tebow were QB.     And honestly at this point, Geno hasn't shown that he's any better than those two.   

Before Manning he had 44 Receptions and 0 TDs.  Since when does that count as good and a #1 WR?  

So 2 good seasons with Manning(and he was not a #1 or #2 receiver) and below Avg when Orton/Tebow were QB.     And honestly at this point, Geno hasn't shown that he's any better than those two.   

Yeah, because Tebow had nothing to do with him catching 44 passes on 95 targets. We've never seen that guy play right?

Pack it in, no skill positions needed, our QB's just going to waste them anyway!

By the way, I don't see where the post you responded to referred to Decker as a "# 1 receiver".

And what's up with the Larry Fitz rumors ? Friend told me tonight Pats are interested ??

Larry Fitzgerald is the Cardinals--no way they can move him. The guy the Pats could get is Andre Johnson, who's 32, has a big contract, and doesn't want to be in Houston anymore. Houston would accrue a ton of dead money this year by moving both Johnson and cutting Schaub, but it's essentially a pseudo-rebuilding year for them anyway.

He lucked out on a year to be in the market. When Nicks and Tate are your competition he can look at being the Alphonso Soriano of football - he just needs a Jim Hendry to give him the money and I hope Idzik has none of those aspirations.

Incorrect. He had 44 receptions for 612 yards and 8 TDs the year before Manning got there. 8 is quite a bit better than 0. Yes, I consider that productive---especially with Tebow as your QB. That was his 2nd year in the league.

Now he has put up consecutive 1,000 yard seasons in his 3rd and 4th years. Whether he's a #1 or not is another question, but it's silly to doubt that he is a capable receiver. What more would he have had to do to impress you?

Incorrect. He had 44 receptions for 612 yards and 8 TDs the year before Manning got there. 8 is quite a bit better than 0. Yes, I consider that productive---especially with Tebow as your QB. That was his 2nd year in the league.

Now he has put up consecutive 1,000 yard seasons in his 3rd and 4th years. Whether he's a #1 or not is another question, but it's silly to doubt that he is a capable receiver. What more would he have had to do to impress you?

This is true, but Plaxico Burress had 8 TDs in 2011.  With Mark Sanchez as his QB.

It's a tough call because Manning is Manning.  You can point to much lower production with Orton/Tebow, but you can also point out that it was his 2nd season as a low-mid 3rd round pick.  Also I don't know if he was the week 1 starter (when Orton was the QB).  

Still, he had 250 yards and 4 TDs in the first 4 games with Orton starting & playing all game.  After that, with Tebow, he had 370 yards and 4 TDs in those final 12 games.  A bit much to write that off as coincidence.  Can't really extrapolate 4 games to a whole season, because it doesn't work that way, but he was on pace for 1000 yds and 16 TDs with Kyle Orton.  The TD number is unrealistic, but 1000 yards and 12 TDs really isn't that far off from what he did with Peyton Manning (and then consider the world of difference from Kyle Orton to Peyton Manning).

So I still don't think (or know) that he's a true #1 WR who should get true #1 money, but I would still be happy if we signed him for the right deal.

I also think the Jets go hard for Tate not Decker. The Seattle connection, plus I think he's going to be cheaper then Decker.

Going to be hard to get any top reciever when the coach and gm aren't sure of the QB ! Alot of teams have a bunch of money I think there's 16 teams that have a bunch

Archived