Official Jets' '14 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJoe12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok lock up Byrd, Ware, Revis, Hunter, and Kolb.  Wait for the dust to settle on the WR front, and grab a Britt, or Nicks on a 1 year show me deal, and draft all offense!

Ok now reality, Jets will be approaching this FA thing like a game of chess, just hope they don't get left out in the cold with no pieces left to move.

I think I figured out idzik's plan. Push 40m into next year's cap, get the first pick of the draft and then get rid of Rex. Go into next off-season and then push 80 into the following years cap then sign LeBron James and Melo to a max contract.

Golden Tate - 5 yr $31m

WR market is set. None of the other guys like Jacoby Jones and Dexter McCluster were going to set it. I'd say Tate is valuable enough in a slim-pickin's market to establish a baseline.

I think I figured out idzik's plan. Push 40m into next year's cap, get the first pick of the draft and then get rid of Rex. Go into next off-season and then push 80 into the following years cap then sign LeBron James and Melo to a max contract.

By Eric Allen

1. Jets Well-Positioned Under the Cap: According to overthecap.com, the Green & White are close to $33 million under the league’s salary cap of $133 million. The site reports new WR Eric Decker and RT Breno Giacomini will carry $4 million and $2.625 million cap figures in 2014.

2. Cro to Cro? After releasing Antonio Cromartie to start the week, the Jets created a cornerback vacancy opposite Dee Milliner. Could Cro’s replacement be his cousin? It was reported late Friday that Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, a 27-year-old DB with career numbers of 19 INT and 98 PD, may make a visit.

3. Skill-Position Players on the Market: After signing arguably the No. 1 free agent wideout in Eric Decker, will the Jets make an additional move to add another weapon? Receivers available include Emmanuel Sanders, Julian Edelman, James Jones, Brandon LaFell and Jerome Simpson. Media reports have linked Sanders and Jones to the Green & White. At tight end, Jeremichael Finley sounds to be closing in on a deal with the Seahawks while Brandon Pettigrew and Scott Chandler re-upped with the Lions and the Bills respectively.

4. All Quiet on the Vick Front: Jets GM John Idzik said the club was “excited” about Geno Smith, but they would look at all quarterbacks. Mark Sanchez, who is reportedly due a $2 million roster bonus on the 15th day of the league year, remains under contract. If the Jets elected to release Sanchez, they would reportedly gain an additional $8.3 million in cap savings. As far as veteran signal callers available, Josh McCown was a hot name before inking a deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Michael Vick, who played well for Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg in Philly, is still out there. The Jets were pleased with the jump Matt Simms took last year.

5. 11 Jets UFAs Remain: The list includes RG Willie Colon, OLB Calvin Pace and S Ed Reed. All three made contributions last season and were respected veterans inside the locker room.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-ericallenfb/Free-Agency-Five-Things-to-Consider-for-the-Weekend-/0ea5edd8-b7ee-48dd-9550-7cc877d9f48e

Archived