Official Jets' '14 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJoe12

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports free agent Jairus Byrd could still re-sign with the Bills.

It sounds like Byrd's demands have spooked the open market. Rapsheet would also be "really surprised" if the Redskins got into the bidding on free agency's top safety. Byrd was at one point believed to be seeking $10 million annually, but he may end up struggling to get $8 million

We can do 8mil, no?

Yea, they probably just saw his listed height and weight.  Don't have the numbers, but I'm pretty sure he graded out quite well in the passing game and pretty abysmal in the running game.  But he's 6'7", so he's gotta be a mauler.  

I think you are correct, but I also think that his numbers were the opposite in 2012.  

1. #Jets OT Austin Howard is set to hit the free agent market, per source. Intriguing prospect.

Hot market for tackles out there. Howard will have options. #nyj

Obviously not a good thing that Howard is hitting open market, let's step back from the ledge though, he hasn't signed anywhere else yet

A few teams have already reached out to Austin Howard. Not what the Jets were hoping for.

Jets were trying to lock up Howard before the official start of free agency, but now other teams will get a crack. #nyj

Wonder if at 4PM the @NYJETS handle starts tweeting out the Travolta names of players or a video discussing Sanchez's future?

Austin Howard will explore free agency, per source. No deal with the Jets. #nyj

Howard and the Jets could not strike a deal, I'm told. #nyj

Austin Howard will hit the free agent market, per source. #nyj

Archived