Josh Gordon at it again. (Good thing we didnt pursue this dude)

Villain The Foe

Josh Gordon is dealing with another off-the-field issue.

The Browns wide receiver, already facing a possible lengthy suspension for a second violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, was ticketed in Cleveland last weekend for speeding.

According to the citation obtained by NFL Media, Gordon was clocked driving 74 mph in a 60 mph zone. The passenger in Gordon's Mercedes received a citation for possession of marijuana in an amount under 200 grams. The marijuana was found in a blue book bag with the passenger's identification in it.

The Browns released a statement Friday from general manager Ray Farmer.

"We are gathering information regarding the situation," Farmer said. "We will not have any further comment until the appropriate time."

Gordon's brush with the law comes at a time when the Browns are waiting to find out if their star wide receiver will be permitted to play a down in 2014. Gordon's judgment continues to be a major concern for the organization.

I'm more pro-weed than the next guy, but this guy is facing a year off because of the stuff. He's an idiot to be anywhere near it out in public. Don't know what led the cops to search the car, either. I average 30 mph over the speed limit, and I've never had my car searched.

I'm more pro-weed than the next guy, but this guy is facing a year off because of the stuff. He's an idiot to be anywhere near it out in public. Don't know what led the cops to search the car, either. I average 30 mph over the speed limit, and I've never had my car searched.

Exactly. If you're facing a year suspension the last thing you should be doing is having others in your car with what you're being suspended for. He needs not to even be associated with it. As for the search, the cops most likely recognized him and his flashy car and took advantage of the fact that he probably didn't know his rights. 

Speeding = off the field issue now? I don't care if his friend had some weed, but 14 miles over the limit is now defined as trouble?

No, speeding and your friend in your car with possession is off the field trouble. The part that you dont care about (which I completely understand) is what makes this trouble. 

I just made a thread about how stupid the rule is, but this dude at the same time is making stupid moves. I honestly dont know why the cops searched them, I tend to give the person being searched the benefit of the doubt over the cops just given my personal history....at the same time it could have been that they smelled marijuana in the car and wanted to move on the suspicion. 

I'll go out on a limb, and say anyone Gordon is associated with smokes that good sh*t, and if you have ever been around that good sh*t in a decent quantity, you'll know it gives off a very distinct smell easily picked up on by anyone near the inside of the vehicle, it's like smelling smoke for non smokers, but just like regular smokers who don't realize it smells that bad, the same can be said for those around weed all the time not realizing the odor it gives off is really strong.

Million Dollar talent 10 cent brain, all he had to do is keep his sh*t together, and in two years would be looking at 12 mill per. Now he's on a road out the league. It's not the speeding, it's the Ganja, the cops will try and nail him of possession and it's going to be a full year out.

Right on both accounts.

When do I "troll"?

Are you famous? lol I don't know how I'm supposed to know how often you troll or not. Seemed like a troll comment.

If a team actually offered a trade for Josh Gordon they will probably strongly consider it, maybe a bit more than a 4th though.

Speeding = off the field issue now? I don't care if his friend had some weed, but 14 miles over the limit is now defined as trouble?

I think the issue is this: he's been banned for the season and now again gets into trouble shortly thereafter  - dude is not acting like he really cares about his career

I'm Pro weed all day myself.. but if your THAT talented on the football field and let's face it.... The Browns finally have some talent on both sides of the ball why would you put your season in more of a sh*t storm then it already is. Kid could be breaking records like Megatron if he wasn't so god damn stupid.

agree, remember all the 'I want to win Off Season Award' folks who wanted this ThugTurd.

I can't lie...I thought about it at the time, but what it would have taken to get him (most likely a 1st rounder) that was an instant turn off. Gordon is killing his career with the nonsense though. As much as I think the rule is stupid, "I" didnt enter a contract with the NFL. Not that I smoke, but if I was him and I did smoke I would certainly be a non smoker. Not necessarily because of the contract, but because I love playing the game on a professional level. 

Cris Carter: Josh Gordon has to want to get clean first

criscarter.jpg?w=250

Cris Carter knows all about squandering talent on drugs and alcohol.

Now he’s hoping he can help Josh Gordonturn things around as well as he did. But he made it clear that Gordon has to want that first.

The Hall of Fame wide receiver said it’s clear the expected-to-be-suspended Browns wideout hasn’t yet made getting clean a priority.

“It’s fairly obvious that [using substances] is more important to him than anything else,” Carter told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “It’s always been very, very important to him. It’s well-documented that it’s been primary since early college. Maybe it even goes back to early high school. . . .

“If the building is on fire and the person decides to stay in there, I don’t run in there and get him out. If you see them breaking the glass, if you see them struggling and trying to get out — that’s my analogy of how I help out the guys in the league and the kids that really, really need help.”

Carter bottomed out after being cut by Buddy Ryan and the Eagles, and went onto a long and stellar career with the Vikings. And while he said he thought Gordon had the “potential to wear a gold jacket,” he wasn’t sure that would happen.

In the past, Gordon has attended Larry Fitzgerald’s summer camp in Minnesota, which includes Carter, Michael Irvin and others. But Carter doesn’t know if he’ll see Gordon there this year.

“And I haven’t thought a second about it,” Carter said. “Josh is not my responsibility. Not everyone is in a position to be saved.”

The help is obviously available to him if he wants it, but Carter sounds skeptical that Gordon is going to take the steps neceesary.

Archived