I like our chances vs Raiders on Opening day, 15+ point Win

SouthernJet

If we win it'll be on a Folk hero FG as time expires, the usual.

LOL. I think in long run, Idzik's greatest gift will be the end of Heart Attack City games EVERY week. From time to time, but not like the last 148 years, LOL

LOL. I think in long run, Idzik's greatest gift will be the end of Heart Attack City games EVERY week. From time to time, but not like the last 148 years, LOL

Haha, all jokes aside I think the Jets win big opening day as well, not to jinx it or anything.

Rookie Derek Carr vs. Rex?  Rex is pretty good against these young QBs and Carr is supposed to be unable to handle pressure at the college level.  Otherwise it will be Matt Schaub, who really folded up in 2013 and was not too successful against the Jets even throwing to Johnson, Daniels and Walter.  I like our chances, but to win by 15 this team will have to score some points. 

I don't think anyone really knows how good the Raiders will be this season (including the Raiders).   

This offseason they added: Matt Schaub, James Jones, Maurice Jones Drew and some mid-tier OL (Donald Penn, Kevin Boothe, Kalif Barnes, and Austin Howard to play guard) on the offense.  Then signed: Justin Tuck, Lamar Woodley, Antonio Smith, Carlos Rogers, Tarrell Brown, and Charles Woodson to play defense. 

And Then, drafted: Kalil Mack, Derek Carr, Gabe Jackson and Keith McGill

This is a totally new team on both sides of the ball.  Revamped (albeit to mediocrity) O-line.  A slew of new pass-rushers to join a brand new secondary, and new weaponz at every level on offense with God-knows-who throwing the ball.  

The knock on the Raiders this year will be playing in that division of theirs and the lack of continuity in the lockerroom--but they have some talented players on their roster.    

Jets lose 17-13, everyone blames Idzik, rinse/repeat x15

Yeah, definitely going to be Idzik. Definitely not going to be Ryan. Which was spotted in Brazil?!?

I do think this is a nice game to lose. The script writers will look to start the Jets' season off nice and tense. 

I think this is a more dangerous game than you think for a few reasons. First, there is not much to go off of for scouting Oakland going into week 1, and that's usually not a good thing because you don't know what to expect. Second, the last time Rex lost on opening day was 2010 and he may be due for a loss.  The Jets also have an absolutely brutal stretch from weeks 2 to 7 and might get caught looking ahead.

Oakland overspent this offseason, and it's not going to get them far, but that doesn't take away that they added some good players in the process. Adding Tarell Brown and Rogers into the mix with Branch can realistically result in a problematic secondary for us, especially considering we're probably going to see some communication problems with all the youth and new faces in the passing game.

At the very least it's at home, but it's Week 1 so who even knows if the travel is going to matter.

I will be releasing my deadly accurate season prediction later this week

He says later this week because the coffee stained piece of paper it was written on is lost between some sheets in a cheap studio walkup somewhere.that he cant remember name or address.

I think this is a more dangerous game than you think for a few reasons. First, there is not much to go off of for scouting Oakland going into week 1, and that's usually not a good thing because you don't know what to expect. Second, the last time Rex lost on opening day was 2010 and he may be due for a loss.  The Jets also have an absolutely brutal stretch from weeks 2 to 7 and might get caught looking ahead.

Oakland overspent this offseason, and it's not going to get them far, but that doesn't take away that they added some good players in the process. Adding Tarell Brown and Rogers into the mix with Branch can realistically result in a problematic secondary for us, especially considering we're probably going to see some communication problems with all the youth and new faces in the passing game.

At the very least it's at home, but it's Week 1 so who even knows if the travel is going to matter.

If they get caught looking ahead on opening day, they deserve whatever happens to them.

I don't think anyone really knows how good the Raiders will be this season (including the Raiders).   

This offseason they added: Matt Schaub, James Jones, Maurice Jones Drew and some mid-tier OL (Donald Penn, Kevin Boothe, Kalif Barnes, and Austin Howard to play guard) on the offense.  Then signed: Justin Tuck, Lamar Woodley, Antonio Smith, Carlos Rogers, Tarrell Brown, and Charles Woodson to play defense. 

And Then, drafted: Kalil Mack, Derek Carr, Gabe Jackson and Keith McGill

This is a totally new team on both sides of the ball.  Revamped (albeit to mediocrity) O-line.  A slew of new pass-rushers to join a brand new secondary, and new weaponz at every level on offense with God-knows-who throwing the ball.  

The knock on the Raiders this year will be playing in that division of theirs and the lack of continuity in the lockerroom--but they have some talented players on their roster.    

Yeah their offseason has been excellent I think.  The knock on them is the amount of veterans they signed, but their team got incredible better and I think those vets will help them.  A win here isn't a shoe-in at all.

The schedule is brutal. Look at the first 10-12 games. Just brutal. Fans on another jets forum seem to think we're taking the div lol. We'll be lucky to make it to 8-8. And Oakland is no gimmie at all. Like some have said they had a great off season. And they might have added vets that won't help 2-3 years from now. But they'll help this year for sure. That is a team that is looking to win now. Even though they won't, their certainly capable of beating us. I doubt they start Carr. They'll give M.S. a chance and see what he has. I honestly can't see more than 6 wins on our schedule.

^^^ that being said, if there's a good week to play a team comprised mostly of new additions, week-1 is it. New lines need time to gel, and pass rushers get better when they understand their teammate's responsibilities.

I don't think the Raiders will be a walk in the park, but playing them week-1, and at home, is a huge boon.

Oakland are going to be pretty disjointed offensively, they've a lot of new (and pretty mediocre) pieces to put together. And they're still Oakland. Meanwhile Rex's defence normally comes out guns blazing.

If our offence isn't a complete trainwreck we'll win comfortably. 

Archived