Brady's Calf

Hitman Harris

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots almost had perfect attendance at practice for the second day in a row, but were missing one big-name player. Quarterback Tom Bradywas the team's lone absentee on Thursday.

Brady later was listed on the Patriots' injury report with a calf injury. He had not been listed on the injury report.

Brady will be ready for Sunday's regular-season opener against theMiami Dolphins, a source said.

Brady's absence coincides with the re-signing of quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson to the practice squad on Thursday morning. Bethel-Thompson gave the Patriots a second quarterback alongside Jimmy Garoppolo at practice.

In other news, long snapper Danny Aiken and linebacker Chris White, who both re-signed with the Patriots on Thursday morning, were present at practice.

ESPN.com's Mike Reiss contributed to this report.

...hearing rumors that Brady tore his calf?!

Was thought to be injury but now chatter that it's torn??

Could be complete BS but hearing this from Pats fans that I know would never joke about this. Anybody else hearing this?

I would think this would be out a little more by now.  Not sure how some Pats fans would know but a reporter wouldn't have wind of it yet and leak it around.

If we don't hear anything significant in the next hour I'd probably chalk it up to some overzealousness about a slightly strained muscle.

They will still finish ahead of us in the division. Just because god hates me

Remember that year when he got knocked out for the season and we had Brett Favre and we thought winning the division would be cake and then the Dolphins won it with ******* Chad Pennington AND OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I HAD BLOCKED ALL OF THIS OUT

I would think this would be out a little more by now.  Not sure how some Pats fans would know but a reporter wouldn't have wind of it yet and leak it around.

If we don't hear anything significant in the next hour I'd probably chalk it up to some overzealousness about a slightly strained muscle.

I know I'm thinking the same thing. Nobody reputable is saying anything. But they go and sign that QB today, that's interesting. He's not gonna be 100% and he's gonna need those legs with Mankins gone. 

If true this is the kind of stuff that it's gonna take for the Jets to get to a Super Bowl as well as some lucky bounces and bad calls and wind blown kicks and amazing comebacks-it can be done fellows-I've seen it happen before in this crazy game

Yeah, there's some kind of "calf issue" ,as they are calling it, alright! We all know the BS that snake a$$hole Bill pulls tho, so who knows how severe it is... but that only means he's gonna be hobbled. With that busted o-line now. 

You had me set to maximum titillated.

Archived