Rex says seeing Revis as a Patriot makes him sick

joewilly12

Rex Ryan says seeing Darrelle Revis as a Patriot makes him a 'little sick to my stomach'

BY Seth Walder /

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS /

Darrelle Revis will face the Jets as a member of the rival Patriots for the first time on Thursday night in Foxborough.

Jim Rogash/Getty Images

Darrelle Revis will face the Jets as a member of the rival Patriots for the first time on Thursday night in Foxborough.

When Rex Ryan peers across the field on Thursday night toward the Patriots, he’ll see the best cornerback he ever coached playing for the team he dislikes the most.

“(I’m a) little sick to my stomach,” Ryan said of seeing Revis in a New England uniform. “I thought it was really weird last year when you saw him opening day. I don’t know how I react when I see him over there. That one felt kind of funny.”

Revis is a couple of years removed from playing on the Jets, but Ryan said he’s still as good as ever. In fact, the coach said he thought Revis is the best corner in the league among those he’s seen.

“If I say something then I’m going to get ripped,” Ryan said initially when asked. “Richard Sherman...is gonna attack me or something. I haven’t seen everybody, but the ones I see, yeah, I would think so.”

Geno Smith and the Jets passing offense has had enough trouble against other defenses, and now they have to contend with Revis. Ryan admitted, “Not too many are going that direction.”

Of course, the Jets could have had Revis themselves: he was a free agent in the offseason after being released by Tampa Bay and could have made his triumphant return to the Gang Green. The world knows Ryan loves Revis, but the coach didn’t want to address how badly he wanted the elite cornerback back.

“Oh man. I’ll tell you what. I’m not going to go there,” Ryan said with a smile. “Let’s just, I’ll just, let’s just focus on the team right in front of us. The guy’s an excellent player. He plays on somebody’s else’s team.”

Meh, Revis was always here for the paycheck, nothing more. Seeing Shaun Ellis in a Pats jersey, however...that one hurt.

Most painful to me was Klecko in a Colts uniform.  Funniest to me - Richard Todd throwing pick 6's in a Saints uniform - the miracle of the century - getting a #1 pick for Richard Todd - and what do we do with it RON FRIGGIN FAROT.

Well Rex should be sick of John idzik because he is the one who traded revis against rex's better judgement for a 1st round pick in the 2013 draft just to draft another CB dee milliner who may just be the biggest bust in jets history .. man is he terrible .. milliner is as bad of a player as idzik is as bad as a manager

The long (and short of it) version is it'll be an elite NFL secondary feasting on a moron quarterback making retarded decisions in the direction of bad receivers. Game over.

I know you like Decker, but Revis will make him disappear. The only time you're gonna' hear Decker's name called is when the announcers are stroking it to how pro Revis is at taking his candy ass away.

I'm going to say the Patriots get 4 turn overs. 1 fumble, and 3 interceptions w/ a pick 6. We hold Geno to under 150 meaningless yards, we shut down the run. You don't see the endzone. You get 6 w/ field goals.

The 4th quarter will be a formality. It'll be over by the end of the 3rd.

Well Rex should be sick of John idzik because he is the one who traded revis against rex's better judgement for a 1st round pick in the 2013 draft just to draft another CB dee milliner who may just be the biggest bust in jets history .. man is he terrible .. milliner is as bad of a player as idzik is as bad as a manager

I know ur right. We basically traded him the first time for Millner str8 up. Geez. But it's so much worse than that. Yes we traded an all-century draftee home-grown Jet......but he came floating back! As if it was fate...After we cashed him in, he was sitting there, begging to come back on and be a Jet.....happy to take a one year deal....we had the money sitting there.......our top cb was Dee Milner......and we ignored him.....AND let the Patriots grab him!!

I just DID puke, Rex. I mean, you have to be f----in kidding me.

Oh, and for another 3 mil, we couldve kept Cromartie too.....for a year. Sure, our offense would've still sucked but imagine our defense....complete for the first time since Rex got here.

But instead we chose to...um.....hang on to 20 mil! You know, for an emergency!? smh

I'm gagging again, let me stop.

Can u believe the moves we've made since our second trip to the AFC championship? What a f-----in nightmare!

I know ur right. We basically traded him the first time for Millner str8 up. Geez. But it's so much worse than that. Yes we traded an all-century draftee home-grown Jet......but he came floating back! As if it was fate...After we cashed him in, he was sitting there, begging to come back on and be a Jet.....happy to take a one year deal....we had the money sitting there.......our top cb was Dee Milner......and we ignored him.....AND let the Patriots grab him!!

I just DID puke, Rex. I mean, you have to be f----in kidding me.

Oh, and for another 3 mil, we couldve kept Cromartie too.....for a year. Sure, our offense would've still sucked but imagine our defense....complete for the first time since Rex got here.

But instead we chose to...um.....hang on to 20 mil! You know, for an emergency!? smh

I'm gagging again, let me stop.

Can u believe the moves we've made since our second trip to the AFC championship? What a f-----in nightmare!

I agree with everything you just said except for the fact that it is rex's fault that we didn't sign revis back and keep cromartie its not up to Rex he can't negotiate contracts that is not within his authority .. only executives can make that call that's way above Rex's head .. the best Rex could do is try and persuade woody or idzik to strike a deal .. !!

I agree with everything you just said except for the fact that it is rex's fault that we didn't sign revis back and keep cromartie its not up to Rex he can't negotiate contracts that is not within his authority .. only executives can make that call that's way above Rex's head .. the best Rex could do is try and persuade woody or idzik to strike a deal .. !!

No....Im not saying its Rex'S fault at all! I think Rex has gotten the shaft ever since that second year. When all we needed were a few tweaks (and seeing how the d line blossomed) we proceeded to destroy this team.

Oh no...sorry if it came across that way. The only thing Im dogging Rex for is his kissing up to the GM when he knows he got the shaft!

Archived