What happened to jets insider : MERGED

flgreen

maybe...but I gave it a shot and he hijacks threads and bloviates. then we learn he is not a JETS fan???

and that picture???  he has a great face for radio. :winking0001:

That's the thing, you'd assume he's a Jets fan by the way he takes interest and participates with research and opinion.

He shows more interest in our world than many Jets fans do.

Imagine if Scout had a sophisticated board. We'd all be thankful for the merger. But how that part was overlooked tells a lot about Scout.

This place JetNation has nice functionality, some better features than JI had. 

• Upvote 1

I got 2 already. Labeled them and now they'll all go straight to my junk folder.

I heard some people tried to "unsubscribe" but scout didn't recognize emails or wouldn't unsubscribe. So, junk mail, it is.

I've been cracking up at all the whining the past couple months waiting for all the JI folks to realize this was nothing but a list buy. 

What up JN... 

I don't know much about this place, other than JI spoke of like an off-limits nuclear testing site. Heard some of the old testament crowd hang here though. Gato?? you alive here bud??

I'm hoping there's good conversation to be had here. I couldn't stand the pfail strip over the last few years at JI.. The only reason i hung around was the Draft forum.. which was my home away from home :(

• Upvote 1

What up JN... 

I don't know much about this place, other than JI spoke of like an off-limits nuclear testing site. Heard some of the old testament crowd hang here though. Gato?? you alive here bud??

I'm hoping there's good conversation to be had here. I couldn't stand the pfail strip over the 2-3 years at JI.. The only reason i hung around was the Draft forum.. which was my home away from home :(

Welcome. We have some loyal guys in the draft forum. I think you'll find some good conversation. If you have any questions, just ask. 

Welcome. We have some loyal guys in the draft forum. I think you'll find some good conversation. If you have any questions, just ask.

Appreciated.

Personal recommendation; do away with Sg3. save yourself the headaches.

Edit* ugh, nvm... he's been here for like 3 years. Sigh.

What up JN... 

I'm hoping there's good conversation to be had here. I couldn't stand the pfail strip over the last few years at JI.. The only reason i hung around was the Draft forum.. which was my home away from home :(

lol that gato is old guard in certain circles

Not GJ&Ham...he's a way better poster than I. If you wish I can PM you the link to his posting location so you can say hello

Just busting balls.  And don't sell yourself short.  You're a very good poster and creator of board participation as well as traffic.

No, I don't want Ham's location.  We never had a problem, but don't think we'd have much to say.

What up JN... 

Welcome aboard Paradis, always loved the Draft forum on JI. 

Any chance  the people that run this place could add a "Draft Forum"? I am a huge draft geek and college football fan and the "Draft Forum" would help lure in some old JI posters and keep some of us that are already here, happy. 

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard Paradis, always loved the Draft forum on JI. 

Any chance  the people that run this place could add a "Draft Forum"? I am a huge draft geek and college football fan and the "Draft Forum" would help lure in some old JI posters and keep some of us that are already here, happy. 

*Poof!* http://forums.jetnation.com/forum/18-nfl-draft/

I got 2 already. Labeled them and now they'll all go straight to my junk folder.

I heard some people tried to "unsubscribe" but scout didn't recognize emails or wouldn't unsubscribe. So, junk mail, it is.

Yes, the onslaught of crap form Scout has begun.... Just what I need, more junk mail and ticker offers...

I know you are messing around about the $19,000. I have no idea how much money, if any, changed hands.  They (Scout) told me, it would be in my best interests if I partnered with them, instead of selling to them. Because they would double or triple the size of the site in 2 to 3 years (their words). Then I would own something much more valuable (again their words).

I know they wanted us because we have a much bigger social media presence, over 20,000 on FB & Twitter. But it is staggering that they couldn't convert even 1% of the forum posters. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but it really makes me feel good about walking away after one meeting and not signing the NDA.  I don't need to see an offer if your business plan is going to ruin this business.

I just wonder what Scout is thinking right now.  Their CEO pitched this idea to Yahoo when he was there. She shot him down, so he set out to do this on his own. I have no idea if ji is an indication of how the conversion plan is going for other sites. Or if it is an anomaly. 

It depends on how you count.But I actually think the right number is about 3.5% of original members signed up at Scout. That's based on the 20000 members at the original site, and the 700 "online" members that were seen shortly after the signups started. Of course, the 700 number is fictitious as far as how many are actually online, because Scout keeps you logged in if you simply navigate away from the site or simply shut down your browser and do not actually log out. But since there were 700 showing at one point that number is likely a good measure of how many at least signed up.

BTW, once it became known Scout was getting credit for people being logged on even when they weren't folks started logging out in droves. That explains why the 700 are not still showing up as being online there.

• Upvote 1

Someone just started a controversial bombshell Aboushi thread at Scout and Jetswin immediately locked it.

What a maneuvering tardhole. That board really needs something to set it ablaze. 

FWIW I just did the same thing here. We don't need threads like that. While they drive conversation, the conversation is usually one we don't want to have and gets out of control quickly. 

FWIW I just did the same thing here. We don't need threads like that. While they drive conversation, the conversation is usually one we don't want to have and gets out of control quickly. 

Well, can't disagree with that. Just noticed you don't have a politics forum here.

Someone just started a controversial bombshell Aboushi thread at Scout and Jetswin immediately locked it.

What a maneuvering tardhole. That board really needs something to set it ablaze. 

Exactly what I said in an earlier post, JI mods would kill threads if topics were too controversial or even moderately sexual.  

• Upvote 1