Suh should be suspended

Maxman

A message needs to be sent and Suh needs to be suspended for his play off game.

You cannot allow dirt bag players to blatantly try to hurt players like that. It's just absolute BS. Some unsavory Detroit fans might have liked it, sick of Rodgers always kicking their ass, but if the day comes they have a great quarterback, they won't want someone stomping on his legs.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a player on another team tries to injure a Patriot purely because they know it'll make winning easier (or possible).

Tom has had his share of cheap shots come at him, and so has Gronk.

Nobody that's a real football fan would have wanted to see someone end Montana or Elway or Marino's career prematurely just because it would pave their way to a Superbowl one year.

If we're going to accept that behavior, we may as well just prepare ourselves for the NFL becoming a scrub league, where anyone elite who comes along just gets a hit put on them.

I really think this is just pathetic. It says "You're so $^%#ing good at football, I need to stomp on your leg, or dive at your knee, or whatever, to Nancy Kerrigan you out of my way, because I can't handle you in this sport."

If that had been Brady, I'm sure he would be suspended.

The Detroit Lions will have Ndamukong Suh on the field for Sunday's Wild Card matchup against theDallas Cowboys.

Suh won on Tuesday his appeal of the one-game suspension handed down Monday for stepping onPackers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Sunday's loss to the Packers. Appeals officer Ted Cottrell recuded the ban to a $70,000 fine.

0ap3000000448072.jpg

After Suh knocked Rodgers over in the fourth quarter, replays showed Suh taking two steps backward, with both feet landing on the injured area between the star passer's ankle and calf. During his weekly radio appearance on WAUK-AM in Milwaukee, Rodgers made it clear he believed Suh has intentionally attempted to cause further damage to his injured left calf.

"If you step on somebody, the first reaction seems to be apologizing or looking back and I'm not sure that's what happened," Rodgers said.

Suh served a two-game suspension in 2011 after he stomped on the arm of then-Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith. One year later, Suh was fined $30,000 by the NFL for kicking then-Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin. Since 2010, the All-Pro has been fined eight times for player-safety violations, including Tuesday's tax.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451968/article/ndamukong-suhs-suspension-reduced-to-70k-fine

I know, but suspending one of the Lions best players before their first playoff game in eleventy billion years isnt good for the NFL either. theyll take the easy way out and suspend him for the first four games next year.

I think that's the reason they didn't. It's punishing Detroit's fans, not to mention the rest of the team, for the act of one lowlife who won't even be on the team in 2 months. 

If Goodell really wants to stick it to Suh? Suspend him for the first 4 games of next season - they already tried a 2 game suspension with him in the past - and tell him the next violation is a full year. That will cost him a hell of a lot more than $70K when he hits free agency in March.

Archived