Anyone else think Woody will blow this? - Woody says he will! (Merged)

Ex-Rex

Even with proven NFL consultants on board with Woody, I hear they are lining up head coaching candidates while they still lack a general manager. Head coach is something that should not even be SPOKEN about until the team has hired a GM. Then you get the f out of his way and let him bring in the coach. I understand that Woody's parents were first cousins so that may help to explain his idiocy. He is simply retarded. I hope I am wrong, but this guy scares the sh*t out of me when it comes to making important decisions regarding the team. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woody can't do anything more than make an informed decision, after that, we can only hope that all parties involved gel and get the job done.

I can't fault the man for trying. I think having consultants like Cass and Wolf will lessen the extent to which Woody shoot himself in the foot. At this point, I have no reason not to be optimistic.

The only sure fire way to not blow it was to get Harbaugh in here and I don't think he ever had the chance. With Casserly and Wolf Guiding him he will get solid advice and out of all the candidates he's interviewing I like Frank Riech as the new HC of course that does not mean he's going to be good . Not really any proven winners out there right now to choose from so all we can do is hope

they should've fired both at the bye week to give them a head start on GM search. having a HC already in place will scare off some GM candidates like last time imho

we are not going to have a HC in place. They are doing preliminary interviews to show interest at a time OTHER teams will be doing the same thing. By not taking advantage of that time and at least talking to some of these guys you give them the impression your not interested and that could turn out much worse. Remember these are not one sided interviews the coach has to see if this is the right fit for him as well, as does any GM candidate.

The only sure fire way to not blow it was to get Harbaugh in here and I don't think he ever had the chance. With Casserly and Wolf Guiding him he will get solid advice and out of all the candidates he's interviewing I like Frank Riech as the new HC of course that does not mean he's going to be good . Not really any proven winners out there right now to choose from so all we can do is hope

The problem is the Jets shouldn't even be TALKING to HC candidates until a GM is in place. It is the job of the GM to hire the head coach. As usual, per his retardation problem Woody chooses to talk to both at the same time, not realizing there might be problems with compatibility as with Rex and Idzik. Rich cousins screwing each other and producing a turnip who turns out to be the Jets owner is a scary thing. No wonder Parcells and BB ran for the hills.

we are not going to have a HC in place. They are doing preliminary interviews to show interest at a time OTHER teams will be doing the same thing. By not taking advantage of that time and at least talking to some of these guys you give them the impression your not interested and that could turn out much worse. Remember these are not one sided interviews the coach has to see if this is the right fit for him as well, as does any GM candidate.

Agree 100%

Better to look proactive.

If I'm a potential GM/HC candidate I want to see my future boss invested in making the team better.

HOF credentialed advisors...... Check

$40-50 mil in cap space............Check

$5 million salary   .....................Check

High draft choice.....................  Check

Some talent to work with.......... Check-

Woody can't do anything more than make an informed decision, after that, we can only hope that all parties involved gel and get the job done.

I can't fault the man for trying. I think having consultants like Cass and Wolf will lessen the extent to which Woody shoot himself in the foot. At this point, I have no reason not to be optimistic.

+1

The man hired two of the better and most respected GM's, Casserly and Wolf, to advise him.  He appears willing to allow them to do their jobs.

What more, exactly, do you want?

I have never gotten the same "Constant Meddler" vibe from Woody Johnson that so many of his most vitriolic detractors do.

Personally, I believe most of that is more "Defend Rex" in motivation, because Rex had a far larger role/veto power over things than his fans want to believe.

No, I don't think Woody will blow it.  I think Casserly and Wolf and Co. may not hire the next Bill Parcells, but I think they'll recommend good, Beast Available, choices for GM and Head Coach.

Will that work out?  Probably not, most people don't work out.

But it won't be due to some nefarious Woody Scheme to save millions while screwing hard working working class hero New Yorkers (i.e. the current meme of ALOT of Jets Fans).

What happens if Casserly says one thing and Wolfe something else?

Will Woody just flip a coin?

The problem is the Jets shouldn't even be TALKING to HC candidates until a GM is in place. It is the job of the GM to hire the head coach. As usual, per his retardation problem Woody chooses to talk to both at the same time, not realizing there might be problems with compatibility as with Rex and Idzik. Rich cousins screwing each other and producing a turnip who turns out to be the Jets owner is a scary thing. No wonder Parcells and BB ran for the hills.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I think the taint of Woody is the biggest constant in this mess.   It's Woody's sandbox and he has been too chummy with the last two GM/coaching regimes in a pathetic effort to be one of the guys.  

Yes, even with the all of the moves made so far, he can somehow f*ck it up.  How?  I don't know.  What I do know, he is a resourceful little bugger.  

[bwThe problem is the Jets shouldn't even be TALKING to HC candidates until a GM is in place. It is the job of the GM to hire the head coach. As usual, per his retardation problem Woody chooses to talk to both at the same time, not realizing there might be problems with compatibility as with Rex and Idzik. Rich cousins screwing each other and producing a turnip who turns out to be the Jets owner is a scary thing. No wonder Parcells and BB ran for the hills.

There's no problem at all with Woody and his advisors interviewing head coach candidates. There's a window with these guys in the playoffs, so they're getting a preliminary interview in with these guys while the window's open. That's smart.

It appears that they're also doing GM interviews simultaneously, not putting the cart before the horse as it were. There's also no problem with the guys who ultimately hire the new GM making head coaching recommendations to him as well. Have to think that there'll be some pretty serious head coaching discussions with the GM candidates, with both sides bringing names up and discussing the pluses and minuses of each. Again, nothing wrong with that, either.

I'm no fan of Woody, but it seems to me like you're just looking for something new to gripe about now that Rex has officially been fired.

Although he tries to hide it, Woody is an extremely meddlesome owner. Anyone who believes that it wasn't Woody who demanded the acquisition of Tebow, despite Tannenbaum's claim that it was his own idea, needs to have his head examined.  Anyone who thinks that it was Idzik who refused to consider negotiating with Revis last off-season is an absolute fool.  Everyone knows it was Woody, notwithstanding his inappropriate commentary this week how he would have loved to have Revis at $12 million.  Not only is Woody meddlesome, he is a liar too.

Face it.  We are stuck with a dumb, inbred, clueless, silver-spoon owner who has never been personally successful at anything in his life outside of the charitable trust funds his family gave him to manage in order to keep him away from the J & J empire.  The man is a focking idiot.

Woody says he’ll hire the head coach

December 31st, 2014 10:46 am

Jets owner Woody Johnson said he will hire the team’s next head coach.

“I think I’m going to ultimately be the one who hires the coach, but I will certainly listen to the new general manager,” Johnson said. “If that comes first, I’ll definitely do that.”

Johnson is being advised by Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf in the head coach and general manager search.

When the team hired John Idzik, Rex Ryan was already the head coach and the former GM did not have a chance to hire a head coach of his choosing.

Although he tries to hide it, Woody is an extremely meddlesome owner. Anyone who believes that it wasn't Woody who demanded the acquisition of Tebow, despite Tannenbaum's claim that it was his own idea, needs to have his head examined.  Anyone who thinks that it was Idzik who refused to consider negotiating with Revis last off-season is an absolute fool.  Everyone knows it was Woody, notwithstanding his inappropriate commentary this week how he would have loved to have Revis at $12 million.  Not only is Woody meddlesome, he is a liar too.

Face it.  We are stuck with a dumb, inbred, clueless, silver-spoon owner who has never been personally successful at anything in his life outside of the charitable trust funds his family gave him to manage in order to keep him away from the J & J empire.  The man is a focking idiot.

How is he inbred?

I will add to this the Percy Harvin trade.  That was a clear and obvious PR move that cost the Jets $7mm this year.  The move was directly out of the WJ handbook.

Woody says he’ll hire the head coach

December 31st, 2014 10:46 am

Jets owner Woody Johnson said he will hire the team’s next head coach.

“I think I’m going to ultimately be the one who hires the coach, but I will certainly listen to the new general manager,” Johnson said. “If that comes first, I’ll definitely do that.”

Johnson is being advised by Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf in the head coach and general manager search.

When the team hired John Idzik, Rex Ryan was already the head coach and the former GM did not have a chance to hire a head coach of his choosing.

Murder me. Please.

Archived