Would you trade for RGIII?

Jettington

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would for a 4th but I don't blame someone for this stance either. It would be a risk to even have him on the team. 

Cotchery was a 4th, Kerley a 5th.

This team has traded 4th and 5th over the last few years and where are we?

I understand your point as well..I seem to be in the minority that we need to stack picks and build a team.

RG3?   Sounds like Tebow 2.0

I understand your point as well..I seem to be in the minority that we need to stack picks and build a team.

Funny how just a few short years ago he was considered along with Luck and Wilson (along with Kaep) as one of the best young QBs in the game. His rookie year was actually better than Lucks in many ways.  My main concern with him has to do with his health and if has learned to protect himself better. It really took him over two years to fully recover from that ghastly knee injury.  Then the coaching change and new system and he has not been the same player.  Still he played the good soldier and didn't make waves when he was benched and when he was re-inserted as the starter he didn't play bad.  

This is my thing; If Chan Gailey can turn chicken poop like Fitz in a reasonable facsmile of a QB, what could he do with a talent like RGIII?  

Trading for RGIII would be a typical, same-old-Jets move.  He can't effectively handle the media in Washington.  The media here would have a field day with him, between throwing his teammates under the bus and questioning the coaches and all of that. 

What made RGIII "great" his rookie year was his mobility.  That's pretty much gone now, due to the injuries, so what is left is a terrible pocket passer who doesn't really grasp the basic concepts of the offense.

Agreed.

Retaining 4th Round Pick > Keeping Harvin > Trading for RGLOL

But as so often needs repeating, some fans are only interesting in aquiring "names they've heard", no matter how bad those "names" might be on the field.

Funny how just a few short years ago he was considered along with Luck and Wilson (along with Kaep) as one of the best young QBs in the game. His rookie year was actually better than Lucks in many ways.  My main concern with him has to do with his health and if has learned to protect himself better. It really took him over two years to fully recover from that ghastly knee injury.  Then the coaching change and new system and he has not been the same player.  Still he played the good soldier and didn't make waves when he was benched and when he was re-inserted as the starter he didn't play bad.  

This is my thing; If Chan Gailey can turn chicken poop like Fitz in a reasonable facsmile of a QB, what could he do with a talent like RGIII?  

All of this.  He's worth a shot in an offense that absolutely fits his style of play.

Nope. Just because it would be the Jet thing to do as a headline grabbing move. I want a culture change more than I want an iffy QB with a high profile. If you tell me I can get RGIII or Glennon with the same draft pick, I'll take Glennon.

You gotta be kidding. In other words you have no problem with Geno starting because he will probably beat both those guys out in camp.  RG3 for a 4th rounder is not a bad move at all.  What QB do you expect to draft in the 4th that is better than him and ready to compete for starting job?  NONE.  

No I'm not kidding, and yes, I have no problem with Geno starting another year because not only does every QB available suck this offseason, but we also have other positions that need addressing, so instead of wasting picks on another geno smith, I'd rather go for a guy with potential out of college. I'd rather build up the rest of our team and wait for our guy instead of making a boneheaded move trying to get our franchise guy in stupid ways, like trading a 4th rounder for RG3. 

I can expect that I'd be getting a better player than Geno for a 4th, and you're not getting a better player than Geno with RG3. It's a waste of a move, he's soft, he had one good year, can't stay healthy, he is garbage. 

Why would you trade a 4th rounder for geno smith? Because, anyone with a brain wouldn't. This isn't ryan mallett, where we haven't seen what he has to offer plus he's been learning from one of the best quarterbacks in the league. 

Colt McCoy is better than RG3. 

He doesn't have the same speed since the rookie year injury. He is a horrible play from the pocket QB who was benched by two different HC's in consecutive seasons for not being  able to read defenses, have decent footwork or pocket presence/awareness. 

That said, Washington has a 2016 option decision to make on him by May. With his HC hating him and the FO not even listing him as a key player in their latest promo guide he could be available. I don't think it will be cheap however as last year they wanted at least a 2 for Cousins.    

The guy threw his entire team under the bus last year. No ******* thanks. No more douchebags under center please. Between Sanchez and Geno I've had enough yokels to last me a lifetime.

Exactly the reason why the Jets need to decide if Mariota is their guy. Winston would be a disaster.

He doesn't have the same speed since the rookie year injury. He is a horrible play from the pocket QB who was benched by two different HC's in consecutive seasons for not being  able to read defenses, have decent footwork or pocket presence/awareness. 

That said, Washington has a 2016 option decision to make on him by May. With his HC hating him and the FO not even listing him as a key player in their latest promo guide he could be available. I don't think it will be cheap however as last year they wanted at least a 2 for Cousins.    

Valid points; but regarding the injury, those types of leg injuries can take a couple of years and considering he is still young I think he may finally be fully recovered; maybe not.  I don't think he would come as cheap as 4th anyway considering what they gave up for him, but if he did, I think you have at least explore it if you are the Jets. 

No I'm not kidding, and yes, I have no problem with Geno starting another year because not only does every QB available suck this offseason, but we also have other positions that need addressing, so instead of wasting picks on another geno smith, I'd rather go for a guy with potential out of college. I'd rather build up the rest of our team and wait for our guy instead of making a boneheaded move trying to get our franchise guy in stupid ways, like trading a 4th rounder for RG3. 

I can expect that I'd be getting a better player than Geno for a 4th, and you're not getting a better player than Geno with RG3. It's a waste of a move, he's soft, he had one good year, can't stay healthy, he is garbage. 

Why would you trade a 4th rounder for geno smith? Because, anyone with a brain wouldn't. This isn't ryan mallett, where we haven't seen what he has to offer plus he's been learning from one of the best quarterbacks in the league. 

Colt McCoy is better than RG3. 

What did Colt McCoy do in Washington to lead you to that conclusion?  Other than that I can appreciate where you are coming from.   The guy is in his early 20s and came back from one of the most horrific knee injuries I have seen.  It was always going to take him a few years to come back but is not like he is 30 years old.    I just think a guy like Chan Gailey could get the best out of him if he is truly recovered from his injuries.  Truthfully, I can't see Washington dumping for a 4th round pick this year anyway.  They have got to try and at least build up more value because they gave away the farm for him. 

He played better while he had the chance

When RG3 was re-named the starter he played pretty well; not great but better than he had before.  If I have chance between RG3 and Colt McCoy I am taking RG3.  McCoy is a JAG; RG3 at least still has the potential to develop into franchise caliber qb in the right situation. 

When RG3 was re-named the starter he played pretty well; not great but better than he had before.  If I have chance between RG3 and Colt McCoy I am taking RG3.  McCoy is a JAG; RG3 at least still has the potential to develop into franchise caliber qb in the right situation. 

I mean he has 2 great wider receivers and two pretty good TE's, a really good running game and still sucks. Regardless of who you'd pick, Colt McCoy did better when he had the chance, short-lived, but did better. I'm not saying Colt McCoy is any good, but that strengthens my point. 

I guess one has to watch what one says with the advent of all of these new people. You could say certain things before on this board (when we pretty mush all knew each other for years) that perhaps you shouldn't try to get away with saying now. Sorry

Archived