chan gailey

Smo0v3mik3

I hope chan can actually fit a offensive around whatever quarterback we have on opening day, Instead of making a qb fit a certain system.. Like Marty M nd Tony soprano.. I think Geno can benefit from a spread offense like in college!

Exactly and I agree MM and Sparano sucked big time.

I hope chan can actually fit a offensive around whatever quarterback we have on opening day, Instead of making a qb fit a certain system.. Like Marty M nd Tony soprano.. I think Geno can benefit from a spread offense like in college!

This is one thing I don't think we have to worry about.  If anything Gaily has made his career out of maximizing the talent he has under center.

Look at mark Sanchez, the same guy everyone hated, and look at his stats in a qb friendly system.. He had the best stats of his career.. If geno can get a system that fits a certain qb playing style we should be fine, especially with a improved defense, running game and offense.. After the draft and free agency

Look at mark Sanchez, the same guy everyone hated, and look at his stats in a qb friendly system.. He had the best stats of his career.. If geno can get a system that fits a certain qb playing style we should be fine, especially with a improved defense, running game and offense.. After the draft and free agency

mark was still a pick machine. No coach can fix that in Mark. If Geno can't read a defense, it matters not who the OC is.

I Want Geno to succeed but he has made too many bone head plays to believe his problems are fixed by an OC.

Bill Walsh, Jesus and Albert Einstein wouldn't be able to come up with an offense Geno could play well in.

mark was still a pick machine. No coach can fix that in Mark. If Geno can't read a defense, it matters not who the OC is.

I Want Geno to succeed but he has made too many bone head plays to believe his problems are fixed by an OC.

Sanchez had 14td and 11 Int with Eagles, not very good but his completion %(64%) and rating (88.4) markedly better than with Jets(68td,69int, 54%,71 rating).  If Geno can improve as much with Gailey as Sanchez did with Kelly we might have a decent starter.

Sanchez had 14td and 11 Int with Eagles, not very good but his completion %(64%) and rating (88.4) markedly better than with Jets(68td,69int, 54%,71 rating).  If Geno can improve as much with Gailey as Sanchez did with Kelly we might have a decent starter.

I agree....  the IFS and BUTs are always in a JETS scenario and for 45 years we have lost. If Pennington didnt get hurt etc...

Bill Walsh, Jesus and Elbert Einstein wouldn't be able to come up with an offense Geno could play well in.

Woah now Elbert was an innovator in the NFL with his quantum leap time management . He could literally stop and rewind the clock whenever he felt necessary.

and possibly with a coaching staff that knows how to put together a comprehensive game plan, and not experience the kinds of fits ands starts we have been getting from both our offense and defense the past several years.  This team has no rhythm and plays with no momentum.

Sanchez was 14 tds and 11 picks with Philly in 9 games you think that was better then 26 and 18 in 2011? And that's not counting his 6 rushing tds..

Sanchez was 14 tds and 11 picks with Philly in 9 games you think that was better then 26 and 18 in 2011? And that's not counting his 6 rushing tds..

I saw the same Sanchez---with a better surrounding coast---last year.  He'd still threw mindless picks

The thing about ground and pound is that as well as it goes, in just about every drive the QB still has to make a play or two.

This is true, but usually they are a 2-4 yard pass on 3rd down, hard to throw a pick on a 2 yard pass.  ( maybe Wilson should have read this in the Super bowl ) or a  home run play action on 2nd and 1

This is true, but usually they are a 2-4 yard pass on 3rd down, hard to throw a pick on a 2 yard pass.  ( maybe Wilson should have read this in the Super bowl ) or a  home run play action on 2nd and 1

Well, you are probably not going to run it is 1st and goal from the 9.  Things like that.  He will have to thread one at some point.

That year Sanchez had 15 ints that were inexplicably dropped by opposing DBs. No other QB that year had more than 8. Point being that his decision making never improved, but his stat line did. Sanchez's 2011 was bad, but his numbers looked OK.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2011/2/9/1984664/qbs-and-dropped-interceptions-mark-sanchez-leads-the-pack

The only reason I posted on this subject was to ask a few questions?  I don't sh*t about coaches around the league. 

Is Chan Gailey an effective offensive quordinator?  What kind of system does he run?  What kinds of players do we

need to run this system?  Yes.  I don't follow the league very well.

Honestly, unless Mariota falls to #6 (whether we keep him or trade him), Geno might be the guy. It's just not a good year to grab a QB.

An interesting idea: if both QBs and Cooper are gone, Kevin White is from Geno's alma mater. I wonder if having another air raid "playmaker" in a spread concept would help Geno acclimate to Gailey's system

Archived