Woody leaning on Maccagnan to bring Darrelle Revis back

Morrissey

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that is exactly why Woody got slapped with tampering charges.

When was Woody charged with anything?  All I remember is that Belicheat submitted a complaint and that the NFL was investigating.  No charges brought on Woody by the NFL.  Only the cheater's complaint, if that's what you are referring to.  I get it.  You like to exaggerate.  Enjoy it you weirdo.

If somehow Revis is let free by the Pats (but I do believe they'll keep him) the Jets will make a serious push for him.  

I'm pretty certain the Jets are going to spend big money on the two best CB's they can get their hands on.  

2 CB's, 1 guard, 1 WR, 1 OLB ...

That will be the bigger ticket items and a few fillers...

Shocking the amount of Woody bashing that's going on in this thread.  Do you people

really believe that Woody is "leaning on Maccagnan" to bring back Revis???  Or are

Revis agents doing what they normally do and leaking info to NY media sources so 

they can generate more $$$ leverage???  Put your Woody bashing agenda away and

understand what is going on, Mehta is firmly up the backsides of Revis agents and will

write anything they tell him to

And here's another clue where Revis will wind up:

ANYWHERE HE CAN GET THE MOST $$$$$$$$$

If anyone thinks he's staying in NE because of loyalty and he wants to

win, you're clueless.  He has never left one cent on the negotiating table

and never will.  Particularly now that he's going to be 30 he's going to cash

in one last time.  Anyone willing to throw 14-16 million a year guaranteed

at Revis can get his services that includes those stable organizations

like OAK & CLE

Maccagnan should be looking at every free agent that could potentially help us.  With some bad history between Revis and Woody perhaps the GM approached him and asked he should even waste his time checking in on Revis and Woody perhaps said he didn't mind.  That gets blown up into Woody pressuring the GM.  

serious... when did we get charged and what was penalty? I really didnt see, I'm serious..

Jets charged with tampering for Woody Johnson's comments about Darrelle Revis

By Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com The Star-Ledger

January 18, 2015 at 1:26 PM, updated January 19, 2015 at 10:14 AM

On the day he fired head coach Rex Ryan and general manager John Idzik, Jets owner Woody Johnson opened himself up to possible tampering charges for remarks he made about Patriots cornerback Darrelle Revis, an ex-Jets player.

And here it comes: ESPN's Adam Schefter, citing a league official, reported Sunday that those tampering charges have been filed, and that "the NFL is looking into the matter." Schefter added that "the league is trying to determine whether there was a violation and if there was, how severe of a fine should be levied against Johnson and the Jets."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/01/jets_charged_with_tampering_for_woody_johnsons_com.html

On the day he fired head coach Rex Ryan and general manager John Idzik, Jets owner Woody Johnson opened himself up to possible tampering charges for remarks he made about Patriots cornerback Darrelle Revis, an ex-Jets player.

And here it comes: ESPN's Adam Schefter, citing a league official, reported Sunday that those tampering charges have been filed, and that "the NFL is looking into the matter." Schefter added that "the league is trying to determine whether there was a violation and if there was, how severe of a fine should be levied against Johnson and the Jets."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/01/jets_charged_with_tampering_for_woody_johnsons_com.html

So Woody gets a fine at most.

So Woody gets a fine at most.

Just like the Lions did???

• Sign Out

NFL

FOX Sports Exclusive Lions punished over tampering charge

Adam Caplan

Updated Jun 2, 2014 1:49 PM ET

Following a review and hearing, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has ruled Friday that the Detroit Lions have violated the NFL Anti-Tampering Policy by telling the media about the Lions’ desire to acquire players then under contract to the Kansas City Chiefs and by having impermissible contact with a player (or his agent) under contract to the Chiefs in 2010.

As first reported by FOXSports.com, the Chiefs brought tampering charges against the Lions for comments made by defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham last year.

As a result of the Goodell's ruling:

• Detroit will forfeit its seventh-round pick (acquired from the Denver Broncos) in the 2011 draft.

• Kansas City and Detroit will switch fifth-round picks in 2011 too. As a result, Kansas City now will have the ninth selection of the round and Detroit the 23rd selection.

Just like the Lions did???

• Sign Out

NFL

FOX Sports Exclusive Lions punished over tampering charge

Adam Caplan

Updated Jun 2, 2014 1:49 PM ET

Following a review and hearing, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has ruled Friday that the Detroit Lions have violated the NFL Anti-Tampering Policy by telling the media about the Lions’ desire to acquire players then under contract to the Kansas City Chiefs and by having impermissible contact with a player (or his agent) under contract to the Chiefs in 2010.

As first reported by FOXSports.com, the Chiefs brought tampering charges against the Lions for comments made by defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham last year.

As a result of the Goodell's ruling:

• Detroit will forfeit its seventh-round pick (acquired from the Denver Broncos) in the 2011 draft.

• Kansas City and Detroit will switch fifth-round picks in 2011 too. As a result, Kansas City now will have the ninth selection of the round and Detroit the 23rd selection.

Ok Woody has a big mouth but nothing similar to this  impermissible contact with a player (or his agent) under contract to the Chiefs in 2010.

Ok Woody has a big mouth but nothing similar to this  impermissible contact with a player (or his agent) under contract to the Chiefs in 2010.

faba, I don't know what you are missing here, but Woody did the exact same thing.

Following a review and hearing, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has ruled Friday that the Detroit Lions have violated the NFL Anti-Tampering Policy by telling the media about the Lions’ desire to acquire players.

Longest Faba post ever!  Capital letters too!

faba, I don't know what you are missing here, but Woody did the exact same thing.

Following a review and hearing, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has ruled Friday that the Detroit Lions have violated the NFL Anti-Tampering Policy by telling the media about the Lions’ desire to acquire players.

..and by having impermissible contact with a player (or his agent) under contract to the Chiefs in 2010.

Nice edit.  Doesn't change the facts at all?

I'd love to have Revis back but we need more than him in that secondary.

Get a 2 for 1.

You could get 2 FA CBs for the price Revis will cost.

I'm sure McCourty isn't too happy with the Pats if they don't give him a big contract. I bet if you looked at what Revis was paid last year it's probably close to what McCourty has earned as a Patriot.

I could be wrong but it would be interesting to look into.

Woody shouldn't be telling anybody how to build the team. THIS is the reason why mumbles and Parcells both left. hopefully Mac will tell him to sit down and stfu.

This.  Woody is not a talent evaluator.  He's a guy who was born into a rich family and now thinks he's a savvy business man.  I don't hate Woody in fact, I really think he wants to win and make the fans happy but the best thing he can do is stay out of the football stuff and let his GM and new Head Coach do their jobs.  Thankfully we're coming up on another presidential election soon so that should keep him pretty busy working that Republican ticket.

Oh I knew that. I thought you said NFL charged them. They were accused and NFL considering charges , if any.. OK, I understand now, semantics messed me up. I thought we were found  guilty and had a penalty assigned. 

He's not the best anymore he's behind Sherman and Petterson..

and those guys aren't on the market

the Jets have been saving their cap space for a rainy day

well the rainy day is here. Gotta spend it somehow. Or theyll be below the floor and the money will be taken anyway

Your arguments become weak when you make your bias so obvious.

and those guys aren't on the market

the Jets have been saving their cap space for a rainy day

well the rainy day is here. Gotta spend it somehow. Or theyll be below the floor and the money will be taken anyway

Bit your as bad with Revis as you were with Martin..LOL  As least with Revis he was a all time great and still a excellent CB..But until we get a true QB it's like putting great tires on a car with no engine..

Archived