Hey Woody you want me to spend my money you should do the same

kmnj

getting VERY frustrated here-got my season ticket bill just like last year around FA time-the bogus letter from Woody telling us fans how the Jets and him will do all they can to put the best team on the field only to watch all of the other teams around us sign  upper evel talent and while we have tons of money and do nothing.

I am sure guys reading this will say hey bud FA just started be patient-sounds all too familiar like last year? I sat around and waited watching every player we targeted go elsewhere. This year at this point it is Revis or BUST -Pats will probably sign all  of their guys including Revis and pick up Andre Johnson-Fins locked up second best D lineman in the league-Bills appear to have a few deals in place

So far most of the top FAS have deals in place and we have signed a scrub guard that is it-

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

As a 4-12 rebuilding project with an unproven rookie head coach, an unproven rookie GM, and one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL we are not an attractive destination for Tier 1 free agents right now.

Mr. Johnson is not cheap.  Mr. Johnson spends money like crazy trying to help the Jets win.  In the Tannenbaum era, he was the George Steinbrenner of NFL owners.  Favre, Richardson, Burress, Edwards, Holmes, Tomlinson, if there was a big name out there, we scooped 'em up.

We are in Year 1 of a three year rebuild.  Once Bowles and Maccagnan have some success this season we'll be more attractive to free agents next season.

SAR I

As a 4-12 rebuilding project with an unproven rookie head coach, an unproven rookie GM, and one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL we are not an attractive destination for Tier 1 free agents right now.

Mr. Johnson is not cheap.  Mr. Johnson spends money like crazy trying to help the Jets win.  In the Tannenbaum era, he was the George Steinbrenner of NFL owners.  Favre, Richardson, Burress, Edwards, Holmes, Tomlinson, if there was a big name out there, we scooped 'em up.

We are in Year 1 of a three year rebuild.  Once Bowles and Maccagnan have some success this season we'll be more attractive to free agents next season.

SAR I

I thought the past two years we were in re build? now we are back to year one? yes I know new coach and new gm blah blah blah

I have 12 tickets and have been a fan for 30+ years

yes we are a low tier team and to attract FA you have to pay a bit more-we have TONS of money-if we lose out on Revis it is because we did not want to pay him

this is exactly why the team is going to sign Revis. 

It's more than just the CB position. It's proving to the season ticket holders that they actually give a crap. 

yep every year I hear no way the pats can sign their guys and yet they do "with no money"

every year I hear we are in rebuild mode-should not spend money as we wont win

I would argue sign 3-4 studs and and draft well and this team is a playoff team this year-you can do so much so fast in the NFL

I think the Jets will make a splash considering all the crap they heard last year.

Will it be Revis ? I don't know. I think they should, considering they are not going to be giving big money to a QB for at least the next three years.

I would like to see them bolster up the OL and get a safety as well.

Oh, he's willing to spend. Just nobody wants to play for this sh*t hole of an organization and he's once again hired a bunch of nitwits to run the team.  That why's he's going to blow his wad to get Revis back fresh off his SB with the Pats only to hold out next season for 1 million more playing at an average level compared the rest of the league.  

But he'll still be able to say "SEE!!!!  We brought Revis back!!!!"

Go Jets! 

It's more than just the CB position. It's proving to the season ticket holders that they actually give a crap. 

They already proved they give a crap by cleaning house earlier this year. Ask Knick season ticket holders how great it is to have Melo back. Bringing Revis back would be the same thing. 

I think the Jets will make a splash considering all the crap they heard last year.

Will it be Revis ? I don't know. I think they should, considering they are not going to be giving big money to a QB for at least the next three years.

I sadly think Revis is the only splash left -no way they sign d murray-only two game changers out there

SAR I

It not usually the "big name" FA's that make the most impact anyway. But, I agree with you that Mr Johnson HAS spent money like a drunken sailor in the past, and look what good THAT did. Instead of Favre the Jets should have drafted Flacco, and never should have signed Holmes. Braylon Edwards and Fanaca were solid pickups but you have to build through the draft. 

getting VERY frustrated here-got my season ticket bill just like last year around FA time-the bogus letter from Woody telling us fans how the Jets and him will do all they can to put the best team on the field only to watch all of the other teams around us sign  upper evel talent and while we have tons of money and do nothing.

I am sure guys reading this will say hey bud FA just started be patient-sounds all too familiar like last year? I sat around and waited watching every player we targeted go elsewhere. This year at this point it is Revis or BUST -Pats will probably sign all  of their guys including Revis and pick up Andre Johnson-Fins locked up second best D lineman in the league-Bills appear to have a few deals in place

So far most of the top FAS have deals in place and we have signed a scrub guard that is it-

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Take a deep breath. Free agency doesn't technically start until noon.

It has nothing to do with Geno!

We already have our starting receivers, Decker-Kerley-Marshall

We already have our TE in Amaro.

We have our starting RB in Ivory.

Olineman could give a sh*t who there blocking for as long as they get paid!

We're signing Carpenter a player they are familiar with.

Who have we LOST OUT on yet?

I think Mac is letting this 1st wave pass & they are looking at the 2nd tier where the bargains are. Teams are still shedding players to sign these high priced free agents.

Hopefully Revis is on the radar.

There are still a sh*tload of RBs out there, Spiller, Bush, Forsett & a draft coming up loaded with RBs.

There are so many things that play out from 4:00PM today, through the draft & then the 2nd wave of cuts, UDFAs.

Maybe they think Shaq, Enunwa & Owusu have potential at WR behind our big three.

There are still 4-5 CBs out there including Cro.

We have high picks in 4 rounds coming up.

They might sign Fitzpatrick who knows Chan very well. Rome wasn't built in a day, especially in the NFL.

Not sweating it yet.

This is right and it's worriesome.  I want Revis - but if we EVER want to build a winning culture and program we can NOT build the team around public perception.  Woody needs to put the media behind him and let his football people make football decisions.

This Revis or bust approach is clearly a Woody Johnosn demand and it's even clearer Woody Johnson has learned NOTHING from past experience. 

This team is managed with a focus on PR first and football second.

sign spiller and revis and I am happy

just cant stand the thought of another year like last year-almost broke me

FA and the draft are both critical -we sucked at both under izdick and right now I have not seen much yet-pattern is just like last year-hope I am wrong-damn even jags making moves-J thomas and now it appears d murray on the way

It's not even about the $$ at this point.   With the start of FA I think the Jet fan anger is more the realization that regardless of who the team signs the Jets are still going to stink in 2015.  

I could care less about signing Revis at this point.   Idzik handed NE a Super Bowl by not pursuing Revis last season.    Instead of signing the best CB in football we had Harvin/Vick/Patterson.   What a cluster.  

j

Yankees Red Sox and Heat all say hi

Using baseball as an example is totally not valid.  No salary cap makes all the difference in the world and frankly I think New York fans in general have been spoiled in that their BBall teams have been able to spend what they want and dominate free agency for years.  The NFL is a totally different situation.

I honeslty don't understand the spend the money thing...

All teams are required to basically spend the same amount as per the CBA...

Isn't that accurate?

they are required to spend to a floor 89% of the cap over 4 years

they are not required to spend 100% every year. 

the Jets were at 80% for 2013 and 2014 which means they have to get close to 100% to get to that 4 year average. 

but there are many other teams who don't worry about the floor cause they are always above 89%. 

For those who are against Revis quick question how else can the team prove to the fans they are trying to compete? 

One poster said the team proved they are serious by cleaning house. Tearing something down is not the same as building a winner.

they are required to spend to a floor 89% of the cap over 4 years

they are not required to spend 100% every year. 

the Jets were at 80% for 2013 and 2014 which means they have to get close to 100% to get to that 4 year average. 

but there are many other teams who don't worry about the floor cause they are always above 89%. 

For those who are against Revis quick question how else can the team prove to the fans they are trying to compete? 

One poster said the team proved they are serious by cleaning house. Tearing something down is not the same as building a winner.

Thanks for the clarity...I thought it was something like that...

But they have the two years to spend it all at this point, correct?

Which, I agree, is why a two year Revis deal makes a ton of sense. 

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Free agency hasn't actually started yet, you fool.

Lets reserve judgement for a later date. We have a good amount of money to spend and there are very good players out there to sign but there are 32 teams in the league so do u really think that we sign all the top players at their positions?  A few players resigned with their teams like David Harris, and a few "big names" agreed to super contracts.  So far we acquired the best WR that would have been on the market, resigned Harris who would have been one of the most sought after LB's and we picked up a very serviceable guard who is an upgrade over Colon.  We are moving in the right direction.

Using baseball as an example is totally not valid.  No salary cap makes all the difference in the world and frankly I think New York fans in general have been spoiled in that their BBall teams have been able to spend what they want and dominate free agency for years.  The NFL is a totally different situation.

he said in any major sport-I posted the yankees and red sox and heat to discredit his post-most in the NFL win through the draft and FA a combination

Archived