Still Need More Weapons on Offense

JetBlue

Mike Mayock after watching Mariota...and I paraphrase...underwhelming...but the best pro day I ever witnessed was Jamarcus Russell and how did that turn out?

How about this

https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=576136540037890048&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newyorkjets.com%2Fnews%2Farticle-7%2FPro-Day-Tweets-Workout-Updates%2Fd2165019-57a9-4e23-bf8b-972910454e0e&tw_i=576136540037890048&tw_p=tweetembed

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Ivory does not get the credit he deserves.

I agree. As a primary back getting the majority of the carries, I think he's gonna do damage this year.  I think drafting a RB in the first two rounds would be a colossal mistake.  We need, in order, a QB, and an edge pass rusher.  Mariotta is the pick if he's available, if not, Fowler or Beasley. 

I agree. As a primary back getting the majority of the carries, I think he's gonna do damage this year.  I think drafting a RB in the first two rounds would be a colossal mistake.  We need, in order, a QB, and an edge pass rusher.  Mariotta is the pick if he's available, if not, Fowler or Beasley. 

If I thought Marriota would be allowed to sit and learn for the next year and a half, I would take him in a heart beat at 6. Then I would go hard after Danielle Hunter with the 2nd round pick . I have my eye on an OT from the Hokies  Laurence Gibson who could be ready about the same time Marriota is/will be. I like him because he's a fierce run blocker as a LT candidate.

1st   -  Marriota    -  QB

2nd  -  Hunter      -  OLB

3rd   -  Langford  -  RB

4th   -  Gibson     -  LT

7th   -  Mannion   -  QB

7th   -  ?               -  ILB

Mike Mayock after watching Mariota...and I paraphrase...underwhelming...but the best pro day I ever witnessed was Jamarcus Russell and how did that turn out?

Jamarcus Russell and Teddy Bridgewater didn't have to prove that they could throw a football.

I'd like to get Tavon Austin somehow. Reunite him with Geno and help both their careers out. Could serve as our punt and kick returner since we don't have one of those currently either.

sorry but Geno has bigger problems than not having Tavon Austin to throw to

I'd like to get Tavon Austin somehow. Reunite him with Geno and help both their careers out. Could serve as our punt and kick returner since we don't have one of those currently either.

That ship has sailed. He's had 2 yrs  screwing up in a regular offense so it's too late for that gimmicky junk.

It amazes me to this day how anyone that saw Jamarcus Russell play QB at LSU could draft that kid any where but on the last day.

All about physical potential. After practice he would kneel at the 50 yard line and throw the ball through the goalposts. He had an undeniably strong arm. Problem is between his immaturity and the lack of offensive coaching from Les Miles it all went to waste. 

Assuming White and Cooper are gone, I wouldn't mind getting DeVante Parker, the only thing is, he's not worth the sixth pick.

See I don't understand this. I keep hearing how Devante Parker is the best receiver in this draft but yet he isn't worth the 6th pick.  In fact some people having him going to Minn to play catch with Bridgewater about 5 - 6 picks later.   Maybe because he missed part of the season he is not as highly rated as Cooper and White. From a pure ability stand point his is definitely worth the 6th pick. 

See I don't understand this. I keep hearing how Devante Parker is the best receiver in this draft but yet he isn't worth the 6th pick.  In fact some people having him going to Minn to play catch with Bridgewater about 5 - 6 picks later.   Maybe because he missed part of the season he is not as highly rated as Cooper and White. From a pure ability stand point his is definitely worth the 6th pick.

It's the injury bug. Dee Milliner is supposed to be a great cover cb, but the problem is that he gets injured every season cuz he's made of glass

No shot of winning a playoff game and no shot at all of winning a Super Bowl. Which is all I care about.

2 years ago when the Seahawks won the Superbowl you could have literally replaced Russel Wilson with any Qb from the league (to include backups) and their playoff success that year would have been the same. (before people go nuts I am not saying Russel Wilson is garbage...I am saying they won with their defense)

2 years ago when the Seahawks won the Superbowl you could have literally replaced Russel Wilson with any Qb from the league (to include backups) and their playoff success that year would have been the same. (before people go nuts I am not saying Russel Wilson is garbage...I am saying they won with their defense)

Yeah you're nuts

Gurley and Gordon are the only two that are worthy, and if the Jets trade down a bit in the first round, both will and should probably be considerations.

i'd have no problem with Gurley with a mid-first round pick.

Not Gurley in the 1st round. Hate the idea of taking a RB coming off ACL injury in the 1st round.

Pretty sure most teams feel that way too.

Honestly, with the addition of Marshall the offense is fine. Nobody in the NFL is winning games because of their 4th receiver and between TJ Graham, Shaq Evans and Chris Oswu - they can find a 4th WR on the roster knowing Amaro is more of a joker anyway.

Depth is great but some stud #4 won't make a hell of a lot of difference.

They need a QB.

If this was my franchise, I would Cut outright Jeremy kerley after June 1st saving 2mil in cap space with 600 grad dead money and add a speedier slot WR in his place to take the top off the defense. I think it's why the Jets wanted to redo Harvin's contract instead of cutting him outright. It frees up the short intermediate and deep middle for Decker, Marshall and Amaro  to wreck havoc .  

Players of interest :

Devin smith

Nelson Agholor

Tyler Lockett

Phillip Dorsett

Shaq Evans

Honestly, with the addition of Marshall the offense is fine. Nobody in the NFL is winning games because of their 4th receiver and between TJ Graham, Shaq Evans and Chris Oswu - they can find a 4th WR on the roster knowing Amaro is more of a joker anyway.

Depth is great but some stud #4 won't make a hell of a lot of difference.

They need a QB.

This.

The Oline is good enough, the RB's should be very good, the WR group is solid. With good QB play, and the defense this team should field. This team should be scary, the type of team nobody would want to play in the playoffs.

With bad QB play, best case scenario is probably one and done in the playoffs.

If this was my franchise, I would Cut outright Jeremy kerley after June 1st saving 2mil in cap space with 600 grad dead money and add a speedier slot WR in his place to take the top off the defense. I think it's why the Jets wanted to redo Harvin's contract instead of cutting him outright. It frees up the short intermediate and deep middle for Decker, Marshall and Amaro  to wreck havoc .  

Players of interest :

Devin smith

Nelson Agholor

Tyler Lockett

Phillip Dorsett

Shaq Evans

Isn't Evans already on the team?  I would add Jamison Crowder and Stefon Diggs

powell is borderline jaq which is why he never carved out a real role here but some keep talking him up like he is studly - ivory is a violent runner that gets hurt so they need to add another legit rb-not first round but a second or third round pick with some talent would be nice or sign one of the remaining rbs out there as insurance 

Diggs maybe, but not Crowder.  As for Evans, I still want to see what the kid has. 

I agree about Evans but I thought you were referring to players not yet on the roster.  I wouldn't sleep on Crowder; he looks like a Wes Welker type of receiver.  Very quick and hard to cover. I do prefer Diggs as well. 

Players of interest :

Devin smith

Nelson Agholor

Tyler Lockett

Phillip Dorsett

Shaq Evans

Love Dorsett & I agree with you. Kerley extension was stupid.

Typical Jets not trying to improve everywhere.

Archived