Brady hires Jeffrey Kessler, may get away from being suspended

JetsFanInDenver

ray rice didn't cheat.  his offense was a crime committed outside of football

peterson didn't cheat.  his offense was a  crime committed outside of football

they are 100% irrelevant to the cheating conviction

kessler and brady have 2 problems;

1) mcnally (the self-described "deflator") testified to the investigators that is was tom brady, QB of the patriots, that told him to deflate the balls. 

2) the balls were tested by 2 people with 2 different guages and each and every one was under-inflated.

since there is no legal precedent for punishing ball deflators, I can't see where in any reasonable court-room this just goes away

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Brady wins and gets to play.

I also hope you the patriots play fair game...line up 11 against 11 and play football without trying to get some unfair advantage.

I hope they find Elvis because I don't believe he died taking a crap.

I hope Leonard Williams gets to sack Brady.

ray rice didn't cheat. his offense was a crime committed outside of football

peterson didn't cheat. his offense was a crime committed outside of football

they are 100% irrelevant to the cheating conviction

kessler and brady have 2 problems;

1) mcnally (the self-described "deflator") testified to the investigators that is was tom brady, QB of the patriots, that told him to deflate the balls.

2) the balls were tested by 2 people with 2 different guages and each and every one was under-inflated.

since there is no legal precedent for punishing ball deflators, I can't see where in any reasonable court-room this just goes away

Their primary play is disproportionate punishment. This defense is as old as unions themselves. Show that the deflation of footballs is common practice and the NFL had knowledge of it and did nothing until now to argue they are singling out Brady and the Pats. That is their argument in a nutshell. Anyone who thought Goodell wanted the Wells report to implicate Brady isn't thinking straight--but Goodell is boxed in; you can't commission an "independent investigation" and then not act on its findings. This is a big mess and about to get much messier.

Their primary play is disproportionate punishment. This defense is as old as unions themselves. Show that the deflation of footballs is common practice and the NFL had knowledge of it and did nothing until now to argue they are singling out Brady and the Pats. That is their argument in a nutshell. Anyone who thought Goodell wanted the Wells report to implicate Brady isn't thinking straight--but Goodell is boxed in; you can't commission an "independent investigation" and then not act on its findings. This is a big mess and about to get much messier.

that's pretty hard to do before memorial day, tho right ?   if you don't have the data, you can't prove it

that's pretty hard to do before memorial day, tho right ? if you don't have the data, you can't prove it

Seems from media reports plenty of NFL alums are willing to testify to show commonplace nature of it. A court also has power to grant an injunction against suspending Brady until the issue is resolved. NFL will combat by saying it was more about the cover up, not the crime. I see a reduction but not a reversal.

Seems from media reports plenty of NFL alums are willing to testify to show commonplace nature of it. A court also has power to grant an injunction against suspending Brady until the issue is resolved. NFL will combat by saying it was more about the cover up, not the crime. I see a reduction but not a reversal.

interesting.  You are probably correct

I would like to see it at least 1 game, make him miss the opener, the ceremony, and have everybody talk about it all week

The simple fact that the Colt balls were also under the legal limit makes this news story, fake scandal, and social media feeding frenzy even more hilarious.

Television can make people do whatever it wants. So funny.

Actually, the real problem is that the Pats' balls deflated more that the Colts'. They should have deflated the same.  See Table 6, p.9, Appendix 1 of the Wells report. 

Bring them all in to testify under oath, all of them. Take this to court and i hope it last the entire year. 

Actually, the real problem is that the Pats' balls deflated more that the Colts'. They should have deflated the same.  See Table 6, p.9, Appendix 1 of the Wells report. 

I thought you were a physicist? If that's true, how come I have to remind you that the Colt balls were sitting in room temparature the entire time the Patriot balls were being tested, meaning they would NOT be the same as the Patriots? Get your degree in a cracker jack box?

I thought you were a physicist? If that's true, how come I have to remind you that the Colt balls were sitting in room temparature the entire time the Patriot balls were being tested, meaning they would NOT be the same as the Patriots? Get your degree in a cracker jack box?

Most people, as guests in someone else's home, know that it is okay to debate but that personnally attacking your host is despicable.

If someone is going to parade around a forum as a scientific authority, they should have some grasp on science.

Doesn't it suck for you that you even have to defend your all mighty QB and "dynasty"? Here you are with your favorite team having a few superbowl wins, a HOF QB, and Coach, yet for the rest of your life you will have to defend the integrity of all their achievements during the Brady/Bellichek era. There is always gonna be spygate, deflategate, etc.....they're not going away, ever. 

Your gonna here the same cheating criticisms from Jet fans as you will from a fan of any other NFL team when you try to gloat about your teams "greatness"...and that will be for the rest of your wicked life....it truly blows for you.....almost wanna feel bad for you, but i dont. 

So go ahead and carry on about your teams innocence instead of just being able to go J-off to to your favorite pic of Brady in peace.

Please read the Wells report before making such an easily disprovable claim. The rule is that both teams must deliver their balls to the refs for testing 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to game time. See the statement of the rule in the Wells report, p. 36. So both sets of balls were sitting in the same room temperature environment for a sufficient amount of time to reach the same temperature before being taken out, and thus should have had the same drop in pressure.

If someone is going to parade around a forum as a scientific authority, they should have some grasp on science.

read the report professor.  it's all in there.  After you have read it, if you have a legitimate point you would like to make, fire away.  If you are going to make a claim, please cite the source.  thank you

No, no it doesnt. For every 1 poster that finds Tx amusing, there is 100 that want to claw his eyes out. He is uber uber annoying and close to 100% troll. 

I dunno of all the times for having Pats fans around, now is the best I can remember.

Please read the Wells report before making such an easily disprovable claim. The rule is that both teams must deliver their balls to the refs for testing 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to game time. See the statement of the rule in the Wells report, p. 36. So both sets of balls were sitting in the same room temperature environment for a sufficient amount of time to reach the same temperature before being taken out, and thus should have had the same drop in pressure.

OMG. Science FAIL. I'm talking about the halftime measurements AFTER the balls were out in the cold and the rain.

The Colts balls were UNDER INFLATED TOO. If the Colt balls were tested FIRST, before the Patriot balls, at half time, it's the COLTS balls that would of registered the lowest. Instead they sat in room temperature while the Patriot balls were tested.

You're a great scientist, bro. lol

OMG. Science FAIL. I'm talking about the halftime measurements AFTER the balls were out in the cold and the rain.

The Colts balls were UNDER INFLATED TOO. If the Colt balls were tested FIRST, before the Patriot balls, at half time, it's the COLTS balls that would of registered the lowest. Instead they sat in room temperature while the Patriot balls were tested.

Sorry bud, science fails not. The report also considered the transient conditions as both sets of balls were warming up, and took into account the fact that the Pats' balls were measured first. The conclusion was that the Pats' balls still deflated more than the Colts' balls, See the transient analysis in Appendix 1 of the Wells report, pp. 38-55, and the experimental simulations of game day, same Appendix, pp. 56-61.

Sorry bud, science fails not. The report also considered the transient conditions as both sets of balls were warming up, and took into account the fact that the Pats' balls were measured first. The conclusion was that the Pats' balls still deflated more than the Colts' balls, See the transient analysis in Appendix 1 of the Wells report, pp. 38-55, and the experimental simulations of game day, same Appendix, pp. 56-61.

You have the patience of Job. This idiot troll will rant and rave as long as someone responds to his nonsense. The politics of the process does not mitigate the fact that rules were violated flagrantly and the Pats, and particularly Brady, did not fully cooperate. If he had come clean, he would have probably gotten off very lightly. Instead, he tried to stand on princely prerogative and simply made things worse. The final disposition of games suspended etc. is at this point not even so important.

You have the patience of Job. This idiot troll will rant and rave as long as someone responds to his nonsense. The politics of the process does not mitigate the fact that rules were violated flagrantly and the Pats, and particularly Brady, did not fully cooperate. If he had come clean, he would have probably gotten off very lightly. Instead, he tried to stand on princely prerogative and simply made things worse. The final disposition of games suspended etc. is at this point not even so important.

Thanks for the kind words LI. I realize the guy is a jerk, but I don't think a lot of folks realize just how thorough of a job was done in the physical testing of the footballs. So I am happy this little exchange lets me explain some of the depth of the analysis of the report. And the shallowness of the understanding of some readers.

Nah, I root for the most competitive, dominant and elite organization in NFL history, which went from a bottom dwelling team to an all time historic franchise in the span of one quarterbacks career. I get why you would be jealous

Recent history, the pats were a joke before and will be again. They're like the Kennedy's, frauds and all.

Thanks for the kind words LI. I realize the guy is a jerk, but I don't think a lot of folks realize just how thorough of a job was done in the physical testing of the footballs. So I am happy this little exchange lets me explain some of the depth of the analysis of the report. And the shallowness of the understanding of some readers.

At best, this idiot skimmed the report an certainly didn't analyze the data correctly.  To be honest, I'm sure he never read anything and is just bouncing off the ignorant posts at places like Patsfan.com.

In the end, this idiot is going to spend the rest of his life defending his lying, cheating team and no matter how much he stands on his soap box crowing, everyone except blind homer Past fans will still blow off NE's alleged championships* as tainted.  This is a smear that will never come off the Belichick era Pats.  Wow.  That must royally suck for them.  And his trolling is nothing but misdirected anger.  He is really furious at his Pats for ruining the "championship" experience of their loyal fans, but there's no better place to aim his rage but here.  It's actually kind of funny and sad at the same time.

It will take many many years for the NFL to regain respectability after what the Pats have done to besmirch the game.  And it will take even longer for the Pats.  My guess is at least 5 years after Belichick and Brady are gone.  Perhaps until Kraft croaks or sells the team.

Actual Y i want Brady active for every AFC East game. I cant wait to see his boney ass pounded into the turf. Rex will have Buffalo's line in his face all day. Bowles will have the Jets rushing and blitzing from everywhere and Suh will pile drive the boy wonder into the turf then step on him. Why would I want pretty boy to miss that.

This. x10! The more reg season games Tammy plays the more likely he will miss the post season with a broken something. AFCE is loaded at DL!

You might be my new favorite.

Brady and the Patriots pretty comfortable with the handling of that evidence.  Tom probably tried to get them to promise to burn it and they refused this time. 

Did not give enough swag.

On one of the two meters the Colts balls were under 12.5 (barely) and on the other meter they were all within legal limit, The Patriots balls were under the legal limit on both meters. Pg 68 and 69 of the wells report. Your team got caught, get over it or go cry somewhere else but don't try to make up stories about how every other team was wrong and the patriots are innocent. I mean look even if the colts balls were under the limit does that somehow inflate the patriots balls so that they suddenly are not guilty of anything...nope. Truth be told if Brady would have just came out and said "I like my balls a bit softer and if they were under the limit I didn't realize it" he would be looking at a fine and probably nothing else, but instead the whole organization tried to cover the thing up from top to bottom and now they have to deal with the hole they dug themselves into.

That is not the point.  The Colts were as well.

The balls were measured with both guages at halftime.  One guage had 3 balls above the ideal gas law range, 5 balls in the 11.32-11.52 range and 3 balls below with the most egregious one being .42 below at 10.9.

8 of the 11 balls deflated to an acceptable range, but if Walt could remember which one he used.  IF Walt could remember which of the two distinct needle she used, there muight not be a question of the Patriots guilt.

Archived